my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Friday, December 19th, 2008
12:40 A.M.




Join Here



To be a bit different than Christmas this time, I thought I'd break away for a day or two and show something a bit 'un-holiday theme'. The master bedroom is all movies....mostly Gone with the Wind, but I have a few other little 'treasures'. One is my trio of Captain Jack Sparrow Dolls. And the three are my show n tell this week...



The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do. For instance, you can accept that your father was a pirate and a good man or you can’t. But pirate is in your blood, boy, so you’ll have to square with that some day. And me, for example, I can let you drown, but I can’t bring this ship into Tortuga all by me onesies, savvy? So, can you sail under the command of a pirate, or can you not?








Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
















Well, yes mate. See, I’m dishonest. And a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It’s the honest ones you need to watch out for, because you never know when they’re going to do something incredibly… stupid.

21 comments :

  1. I better don't comment on this, lol ! I prefer "Gone with the Wind" !

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Jack Sparrow!! (even if I wouldn't have hi in my bedroom).
    Thanks for sharing Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he's my favourite. honest about being dishonest. i like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is unique! Johnny Depp filmed his latest movie, in which he plays Dilinger, near us during Sept. It was quite the buzz. He was very kind to the fans that came out to watch:)

    Linda C

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son would love that! Nice to see something not related to Christmas! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni,

    Dwight and the boys love Jack Sparrow. Your dolls are collector's items.

    I love GWTW. Hope one day you will show more photos of what you have.

    Have a great day, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, there's something so "charismatic" (had to think of an appropriate G-rated adjective!) about a pirate! I've not seen any of those films, but these quotes prompt me to check 'em out.

    That was a fun read ... thanks Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've never seen any of the films that Johnny Depp is in, but I know he's a Big star. Thank you for sharing. Please come visit me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Gone With The Wind but Jack does have a certain rascally charm. :>)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it - honest about being dishonest. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. They really captured the Johnny Depp'nes didn't they? I could almost hear his voice as I read the quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All I can say is Arrrrr! Thanks for sharing, always fun to see what others collect. I hear through sources you are a big Santa collector too, me too!
    Thanks for sharing. Hubby and I took a sail on the Lady Washington this year , one of the repro clipper ships used in these movies.

    LindaQ

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love Johnny Depp. He played this part so well and is so believable. I saw an interview with him once, and he said he based his character on Pepe Le Pew and Keith Richards from the Rolling Stones.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love Johnny Depp since 21 Jump Street. Jack Sparrow is his best
    work... I think! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  15. i like him,but i love------------gone with the wind...ann

    ReplyDelete
  16. WAAAAA HOOOOO..... I love Jack Sparrow and it was fun seeing you post those wonderful figurines... I loved them... Thanks

    (((HUGS)))
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  17. How 'kewl' are those!!! I confess I have a thing for Jack Sparrow (and Johnny Depp) too, but I have no figurines.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love love love Jack Sparrow..... He is such a wonderful actor and I try to see all that he does, but Jack Sparrow is the bomb!!!!!!!

    and where in the world is everyone getting the "snow" for their blogs!!!!!!! I want snow!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. How fun! I really love the first "pirate" movie! Merry Christmas to you and your family!
    ~Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love Johnny Depp as a pirate, but the pirates that are happening now, I can do without. How fun your show and tell was. I hope you have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

.