my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




Sunday, November 30th, 2008
5:00 A. M.

Why is Christmas just like a day at the office ?
You do all the work and the fat guy with the suit gets all the credit.






Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.

I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Sleepy :: Hollow
2. Thanksgiving :: Day
3. Fifteen :: going on 30
4. Authority :: Border Patrol [I haven't the foggiest either, so don't ask]
5. Bangs :: the drum slowly
6. Curled :: up in a ball [our cat of course!]
7. Young man :: Lad
8. Surprised :: Blown away
9. Mistake :: To err is human
10. Handle it :: Get over it!!!



~...end Mutterings
[comment link HERE if you'd like to skip the entire Sunday Blog Post]



<><><>







Recalling what I read in the Yah** News on Black Friday [American Retailers call the day after Thanksgiving 'Black Friday' because of the first day of the shopping season for Christmas.] I was shocked! Well, shocked, but really not so shocked that it could happen. You see, it was in New York state, [Upstate? To me, a Texan, if it's not New York City, every place else in the state is upstate New York]. Anyway, according to Yah**, at a Wal Mart mind you...the doors opened at 6 a.m. and there were people stampeding through the doors as the service counter dude unlocked...he was trampled to death, and several other shoppers [one pregnant woman] were trampled and injured and hospitalized! Crazy! People are crazy!! To me, it's just not worth it. I don't like it, I don't like it at all. That's why I stay home and get into the REAL spirit of the holiday season by decorating....safe, between my four walls. The New Y*rk Times had a more detailed regailing of the tragic event as some of the online news I read Friday morning wasn't exactly as the witnesses told the reporters. Here's the accurate story....

- - -

Also this morning a link from Yah** directed me to the top 20 HEARTBREAKING songs. I must admit, I like music, but what flabbergasted me was the fact I've not heard of half of them on the list. LOL And the ones I DID recognize, only one could half way be considered breaking-the-heart lyrics. I guess I have a life's vision through rose colored glasses far too often. I do consider that a song that is heart breaking is a sad song, but I guess in some minds; not necessarily so. Reading this, it got me to thinking just which song I would have to choose myself if asked. Trust me, it wouldn't be on the list that Yah** provided. I thought, and thought, and thought. It would have to be the instrumental composition along with lyrics; not just lyrics. The music definitely has to be considered also. I'm mean let's face it, I could hear the lyrics "I'm dying" or "You're leaving me" and it could be some heavy metal band that would just not get the feeling across. Speaking of hard rock, heavy metal, the song "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" by Aerosmith comes to mind. The song lyrics are not 'sad' so to speak, but in the movie, Armageddon and the sequences of events makes me cry watching and listening to the song. The words are mighty powerful, and so unlike Aerosmith's Steven Tyler. Guess then, afterall, the heartbreaker could be a good song! I stand corrected. That song just blows me away. Thinking: I came up with these 5 most sad songs personally, the MOST heartbreaking is number 1 of course---
    5] I Will Always Love You [Whitney Houston]
    4] My Heart Will Go On [Celine Dion]
    3] Only Time [Enya]
    2] Hero [Mariah Carey]
    1] How Am I Supposed to Live Without You [Michael Bolton]



News Banner© copyrighted
No infringement intended



- - -



For Merle: Mostly it's warm to HOT here year 'round. Remember, I live on the coast. The temperature zone here is sub-tropical! Rarely does a winter day go by without the high temperature being at least 60[F] 15.5[Celsius] Very few days [about February] around here does it get and stay cold. And, just for you dear friend, here is a photo I posted a little over a week ago. This is a Don Juan Climbing rose trailing around the Bird of Paradise and Lady Banks rose vine in the background, along our privacy fence in the back yard. Here is the post with some of the flowers in bloom in our yard for the month of November again, if you'd like to see them all.
---


<><><>

7:42 A. M.
addendum


I just updated my sidebar to show when my 1st Blog Giveaway will begin.
I'm excited, I hope it will succeed.
If it does, this may happen often around here!
Hope it will be fun for all.





24 comments :

  1. I came back this night (sat/sun) at 3 am ! I am freezing, from 86 to 23 F what a difference !

    ReplyDelete
  2. i so love your opening quote!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fat guy does always get the credit, doesn't he? (So says a fat guy named Nicholas).

    [:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a great Sunday, Anni! Thanks for visiting :) We had one or two the same this time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni,

    Enjoyed your Unconscious Mutterings. You always give some answers that I would have given. Loved the first one.

    I can't believe that a man was killed over a shopping spree. Do people have no regard for human life? We do not have Black Friday here and I'm glad. Brandon and I were shopping last night and there were few people out because it was the Santa Claus Parade. We did see some of it from the van.

    I think a song can be sad because it is connected to an event. I remember that Blue Spanish Eyes always made me cry. It was that my uncle (like a brother) and I danced to at my wedding, the year before he died in an accident. It no longer has that effect on me, but I certainly remember. Other songs have had the same effect on me over the years.

    Have a great day, my friend. It's cold here again today and they're calling for snow.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni - It is so sad about the WalMart employee. My husband and I went shopping on Black Friday but since our son had to work (he's the early bird BF shopper), we had a leisure, late breakfast and then arrived at the mall after the early shopping deals had expired. The mall was not busy at all and we didn't have to wait in line. The clerks looked exhausted from the early rush, though. Rule of thumb - shop after 1 pm.

    BTW I love your holiday background!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey a whole Christmas thing is going on ... it's nearly December the 1st and that's YULETIDE - enjoy x x x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bang the drum slowly reminds of the song, "I Wanna Bang on the Drums All Day".

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the Christmas look Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Sunday!
    Cool Mutterings!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've done a great job with your graphics, I really love the look. I guess the only thing you lack for Xmas is snow.

    No 'Sale' for me. I went to the woods on Black Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mutterings, we have one that is the same :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such 'kewl' holiday graphics as always ... and your opener got me laughing with recognition! Seems we agreed on 'sleepy' ... and sort of on 'mistake' ... I love your responses to 'fifteen' and 'bangs' ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the Christmas theme! Come decorate for me, please --- I just found out a party will be at my house so I've got get something up.

    Our mutterings are very different again. Like minds we are not.

    But hopefully we are friends, at least I count you as one of my blogger friends. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great mutterings. Several folks came up with sleepy::hollow, but I didn't. lol.
    Thanks for stopping by my place.
    Oh, I like the new template. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the new look!
    Great mutterings.
    So sad about Black Friday. I can't understand someone wanting a bargain that much.
    Two of the saddest songs I've heard are:
    Daddy's Hands by Holly Dunn
    Teady Bear by Red Sovine

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cattle get trampled - not people!
    Such a horrible thing to happen, and all for a discount on socks. Unimaginable!
    A song can be heartbreaking because of the memories associated with it. My mom loved John Denver and I still can't listen to Country Roads without my throat tightening up...
    Thanks so much for your visit to my site. I've really enjoyed my visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cattle get trampled - not people!
    Such a horrible thing to happen, and all for a discount on socks. Unimaginable!
    A song can be heartbreaking because of the memories associated with it. My mom loved John Denver and I still can't listen to Country Roads without my throat tightening up...
    Thanks so much for your visit to my site. I've really enjoyed my visit here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I can't believe "At This Moment" by Billy Vera and the Beaters wasn't on the list.

    You remember..."Family Ties". Alex and his "artsy" girlfriend (played by the Tracy Pollan) broke up...Saddest ever!

    Here are the lyrics:

    What did you think,
    I would do at this moment,
    When you're standing before me,
    With tears in your eyes..
    Tryin to tell me that you,
    Found you another..
    And you just don't love me, No more..

    What did you think,
    I would say at this moment,
    When I'm faced with the knowledge,
    That you just don't love me..
    Did you think I would curse you,
    Or say things to hurt you,
    Cause you just don't love me no more..

    Did you think I could hate you,
    Or raise my hands to you,
    Now come on you know me too well..
    How could I hurt you,
    When darling I love you,
    And you know, I'd never hurt you..

    What do you think,
    I would give at this moment,
    If you stay I'd subtract twenty years from my life..
    I'd fall down on my knees,
    Kiss the ground that you walk on,
    If I could just hold you again..

    I'd fall down on my knees,
    Kiss the ground that you walk on baby,
    If I could just hold you..
    If I, Could just, Hold you..
    If I....If I could just hold you.
    Again.

    I cry every time!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stopped in to say "Hi Anni!"

    I only know your # 5 song (Houston).
    BTW, we are a little cooler here in the Houston area than you. We may make it to the 80's one or two days next week, in the 60's today.
    And I added myself to your blog keeper machine on the left side, I was # 50. Do I get a prize for that?
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  21. I posted about the Wal-Mart tragedy Friday on my blog. Did you know that the pregnant woman miscarried?

    ReplyDelete
  22. You always make me smile, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Loved your responses to 5 and 10, Anni - and your new look is fabulous. You clearly put a lot of thought into your site and your readers appreciate it!
    Am now going to think of my saddest songs, which will definitely include Billy Vera & the Beaters (thanks, NoBS, for the reminder).
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Anonymous12/16/2009

    Good day !.
    You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
    There is no initial capital needed You may begin to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

    AimTrust is what you need
    The firm represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

    It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
    Do you want to become a happy investor?
    That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

    I`m happy and lucky, I began to get income with the help of this company,
    and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a correct partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
    I take now up to 2G every day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
    It`s easy to join , just click this link http://oxyxodic.1accesshost.com/jiwinu.html
    and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

    ReplyDelete

.