my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!




JOIN HERE
show the beauty of sunrise or sunset



I always love walking early in the morning when the sounds and noise of the city are at its minimum. It's quiet and peaceful. And what better way to start the day than seeing something like this while walking? Taken from my cellphone, in our neighborhood over the roof-tops.


~...end Sunrise/Sunset
[comment HERE to skip all other Sunday stuff]




<><><>




Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.

I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Coverage :: News media
2. Cynical :: callous
3. Gust :: of wind
4. Improvised :: makeshift
5. V :: Roman Numeral five [hey, I told you I'm ancient!]
6. Guests :: patrons [hotel, restaurant]
7. Brutal :: mean, harsh
8. Grant :: Hugh
9. Pull :: push
10. Streaming :: emitting





~...end of Mutterings
[comment HERE to skip all other Sunday stuff]




<><><>








Bidding on Ebay sometimes is frightening. How often have I went in to do a search for some item that is one 'one of a kind'...or perhaps and item that 'is hot'; a collectible? For instance, months ago when The New Yorker came out with the controversial cover of Michelle and Barack dressed in garb such as to give the artistic influence of terrorists or Arabs? Remember that one?

Well, throughout this hick town, not too many establishments carry something quite as 'intellectual' as The New Yorker. And we only have one really 'good' bookstore. Other than Walden's Books [Walden's has since closed its doors for good] found in the main mall, we have Barnes and Noble. Both were sold out within hours of putting the magazine on the shelf.

Well, when it comes to 'collecting' collectibles such as this [magazines and newspapers store flat, lol] I tend to want what is the 'hot item of the day'. Which back then, this particular magazine was. I even called my sister in Colorado, and our son in Houston [our daughter lives in more of a 'hick town' than we do if you can believe that, so I figured that was a fruitless effort]. To no avail. All over Houston, sold out. As with Colorado...she went to Grand Junction and around her city also...nothing, sold out.

My next step was Ebay. Tho some where 'reasonably' priced with bidding, I was always beat out at the last minute...even when I set a 'maximum' bid. After a week or two of trying, I just gave up on the whole idea.

- - -

Then, watching CNN's Wolf Blitzer in the afternoon here, the next hot item is the November 8th's issue of Time Magazine. A Commerative Issue. Rumors on that program said throughout the north east and along the eastern seaboard, the magazine was being sold out within minutes of putting them out. He, Wolf, said to us viewers "It would probably be a better bet to buy online." Well, Time won't just let any one person order any one magazine, you need to buy the subscription. Nope, not me...my mail box is already filled with subscription papers and hubby's government magazine issues daily. For two days now, if we were out and about as usual, we stopped by the bookstores...they haven't got their shipment in yet was the story we'd hear. Okay, so then, I thought "Try Ebay". Ummmmm, ya right! When the bid starts at $24 something?! Sure it's a collector's item, I can see the point...but have you bid against some of these lunatics? ....[kidding on the lunatics...just me being sarcastic].... Anyway, I've learned to shy away from the bidders ever since the older issue of The New Yorker went for 'sky high' prices. I'd like to have the Time issue for November 8th tho.

After being scared looking through Ebay, I decided to try one more time with Barnes and Noble since it's the closest to our home.

One ringie dingie.
Two ringie dingies.
Connection made.
"Thank you for calling Barnes and Noble....yada, yada, yada."
Music.
More music.
"This is Chris, may I help you?"
My mind is saying "No, we sold out of them already"....but I ask anyway.
"Do you have the November 8th issue of Time Magazine?"

"We just put them out, let me check, I'm real close to the magazines."
More music.
Chris comes back online.
"It's the Commerative Issue, yes we have just a few left. But, we do have them."
My heart leaped in high speed.
I slide down the phone guard and walk into the living room where Bud was.

"I'm going to B&N...wanna come with?"
"Nah"
"Okay I'll be right back".

I drive down the freeway, get to the parking lot...realize I still have my shorts on and beach shoes...oh well. Walk in....the line at the checkout stand was a block long...the patrons each have 3 or 4 issues in there hot little hands [my first thought was potential Ebay sellers]....oh no! They're gonna be gone! I felt it in my bones.



I spied a few. Grabbed only one. I'm not greedy.
Stood in line for a while, got up there...paid for my collector's issue and left.




But after all that said, I have a question.

Have you ever felt you overbid on something through Ebay? Then, felt a bit like a crazy person in the interim for bidding too high?



<><><>




We'd make a great leading couple, don't you think?

- - -

Since I love movies, and watch them more than anything on television at any given time, I saw this new beta quiz on someone's sidebar the other day and wanted to try it. I thought it'd be fun to have Bud show me just who my 'leading man' would be from his answers to the quiz---I'm 'married to'.......



Your result for The Classic Leading Man Test...

Jimmy Stewart


You are the fun and friendly boy next door, the classic nice guy who still manages to get the girl most of the time. You're every nice girl's dreamboat, open and kind, nutty and charming, even a little mischievous at times, but always a real stand up guy. You're dependable and forthright, and women are drawn to your reliability, even as they're dazzled by your sense of adventure and fun. You try to be tough when you need to be, and will gladly stand up for any damsel in distress, but you'd rather catch a girl with a little bit of flair. Your leading ladies include Jean Arthur and Donna Reed, those sweet girl-next-door types. [Oh oh...sweet cheeks...you didn't do your choosing for a leading lady well....well, read on down, you'll see!]


Find out what kind of classic dame you'd make by taking the
Classic Dames Test.

Take The Classic Leading Man Test at HelloQuizzy




- - -

Then, to turn the other cheek so to speak, I took the 'leading lady' quiz to see who Bud's leading lady is:

Your result for The Classic Dames Test...

Barbara Stanwyck


You're a tough dame, a bit of a spitfire, and you can even be a little dangerous, but you do it with such flair that almost all is forgiven (and even when it's not, you're still the most interesting woman in the room). You can be witty and charming, all right, but you have a tough streak that keeps you focused and sometimes deadly. You've had quite a climb to get where you are, but you're a hard worker and you mostly deserve all you get...and then some. You might end up destroying everything around you, but you must admit...you've got style. Your leading men include Henry Fonda, Fred MacMurray, and when you forget yourself, Gary Cooper. [Ummmm, guess I didn't choose right either...but then again, think about it...with me being the spitfire, there is no room for two of us. So, ya, having a friendly boy next door is just the ticket...no competition that way. rofl!!!]


Find out what kind of classic leading man you'd make by taking the
Classic Leading Man Test.

Take The Classic Dames Test at HelloQuizzy




31 comments :

  1. I agree...starting your day with that lovely sunrise is just beautiful!

    And I have stopped going to eBay...it puts my credit cards in danger...no, not for fraud, but for maxing out my credit limit...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking the time to visit and comment on my mutterings :)

    I can't believe I didn't think of Hugh Grant (seriously, research grant but not that? I feel like such a nerd :P )

    Ps. I love your little tuxedo turkey! So sweet...

    ReplyDelete
  3. When it is not raining (lol) I love to watch sunrises on our patio with my cup of coffee !
    I am quite lazy to walk around, only for photography !
    I never bought anything on ebay. I don't even know how to do it. My friends do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sunrise and sunset, my favourite times of the day. not here, not there, but in the middle. and a beautiful middle it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Thanksgiving layout!

    No matches on the Mutterings this week, but that was because I was off on a tangent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy shopping at EBAY, I don't believe I have felt that I have overbid, but once or twice I did not notice the shipping cost was too high when placing the bid. Now, I always look at the shipping cost first.
    Have a nice Sunday..:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found quite a lot of the words difficult this week - and anyway, how was Achmed??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great answer for the mutterings! Thanks for visiting my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great pick, love the sun behind the clouds/reflected off the clouds.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Now I have to find someone to take me around and find that issue! I'm the same way. I HAVE to have certain items. My closet is filled with those cute little Ty Beanie Babies. Only the bears remain on display. I have finally started giving them away as gifts to all the little ones in our family. They are thrilled and I might one day have a closet again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that sunrise photo and we have a couple of Muttering Matches this week ;)

    Have a Good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do love Barbara Stanwick - she's very classy! I was Kathryn Hepburn. I think I wanted to be Myrna Loy... ah well....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Sunday.

    I thought of college funds for grant, But shortly after Cary Grant came to mind. Didn't get to Hugh yet.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a beautiful sunset.

    ....I dont think you are ancient!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I liked your grant :: hugh! I supposed I put university grant because my son is applying for university. Mind you, they don't get grants now. Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. To me morning are best.

    Coffee is on

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anni! Your sunrise shot is just glorious. It's always such a fun surprise to see exciting skies. Thanks for your visit today. It has been a long time. I think I've been doing different memes than I used too and miss some of my regular haunts from days past :0)
    That song on my blog is one that is going to make quite an impact around the world I think. Have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great mutterings, as always. We matched on #3 and I like your answer for #10. Thanks for dropping by my place.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi!! I have not been by in a while..been busy and been not feeling great!! My big thing is life is to have one weekend that I feel really good..the last 3 weekends have not been the best for me..Oh well!! I will get straightened out. Hopefully you are great...pretty picture!! Wish I could get up that early..

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your sunrise photo and all your mutterings … but #5 & 8 are my favorites. I thought ‘Grant’s Tomb’ and my fingers typed about peace … but ‘Hugh’ didn’t cross my mind at all. I’ve never ever been on eBay and doubt if I’ll ever log on. I’d take the quizzes, but I’m way too far behind to play today ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  21. That sunrise photo is wonderful! Good thing you got a copy of Time.

    Hugh Grant, yeah why didn't I think of him? :)

    Nice ones, Anni, hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice answers!

    Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi!
    I like your mutterings! We matched on #9. I didn't even think of Hugh Grant. Cute Turkey!! Thanks for stopping by my place. Take Care!!

    Sherrie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for stopping by today! I'm on the coast in Florida so hurricane "gusts" are really more "gales" here too - it's just the first thing that come to mind :-)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hey Annie, I love sunsets/sunrise! They make me feel closer to our Creator. Btw, we have the same answer to UM's #8 - isn't Hugh Grant lovely? Pardon my girlish streak *lol*
    I love to try ebay but am afraid of being scammed :(
    Have a great weekend!

    Sreisaat Adventures

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm Barbara Stanwycke too!!!
    BTW you are VERY lucky to have gotten your Time magazine. I work in a bookstore and our shelves were empty of 200 Time, 200 People and 200 Newsweek one minute after opening. Most people were buying one or two copies, but, at least 2 customers bought almost 50 copies of each issue, flat-out saying they were selling them on the internet. I know it's the American way, free enterprise, entreprenuership, capitalism, that's what built this country. But there is also such a thing as common curtesy and compassion. I wish the publishers would get together and publish more of these issues so everyone can get one at a fair price.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love your photo.

    Great one for V - don't why more did not think of that.

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Liked your mutterings this week, especially for improvised.

    I took the Classic Leading Man test...and I'm Jimmy Stewart, too! He's one of my favorite actors, so it was nice to be associated. :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Nice post my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  30. lovely picture , enjoy your blog and the variety it contains.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hi Anni

    I enjoyed visiting your site. You always have some many interesting ideas here. Cinnamon pull aparts aw that sounds lovely on these cold Novemeber days :-)

    ReplyDelete

.