my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.

I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Zoo :: logy [zoology]
2. Neighborhood :: bar and grill
3. Salute :: flag - or officer
4. Immortality :: everlasting...afterlife
5. Dominion :: kingdom
6. Rhonda :: Flemming
7. Parties :: baby showers
8. Prince of Darkness :: mmmmmm, Christian Bale!!! [Batman] -Dark Knight
9. Garbage :: truck
10. Standard :: time zone

~...end of Mutterings
[click HERE for commenting!]

<><><>


JOIN HERE



~...end Sunrise Sunset Meme
[click HERE for commenting]

<><><>




In the last week or so I've had the pleasure of receiving two gifts in snail mail from online friends!! One gift I am going to show today as I opened the box. The 2nd one, I will talk about when it gets closer to Christmas. [the Christmas gift, you know who you are...but, even tho you allowed me to open it early, I want to wait and show it around the holidays!!] I love both gifts! They're wonderful, and 'so me'!! Thank you from the bottom of my heart!!!

This one gift came from Mary. She's a doll! And when she emailed me to tell me she found something for me and was sending it...I couldn't wait! I'm just like a little kid when it comes to packages in the mail! And this package from Mary was so much fun!! Just look at what all I got ---

I couldn't wait to get it opened! I know the saying that good things come in small packages...I just knew it was going to be good! Mary knows me all too well. Oh bubble wrap...COOL! I must confess that she had me going while emailing back and forth. Her one and only clue was part of it was black with green. And she thought of me when she found it [I hoped that meant a good thing]...
Oh my goodness, oh my goodness!! Mary, you shouldn't have! Why, Bud...isn't this the cutest ever? Bud? Come here! Look at this adorable Halloween witch! Oh boy, oh boy...and it even is musical...oh dear...her eyes glow in the dark and flash!! Cool!! I love Mary! I love Halloween. She's going to go sit up on the entertainment center with all my others...she's going to have good company!! Absolutely adorable!! Love her...and love your kindness, friendship, and thoughtfulness dear Mary.
Look at this, look at this! Would ya? Can you believe these? So cool!!! Witch's gloves. How apropos! For me! The witch lover that I am. Mary...this had to be what you were teasing me with with the clues, right? Black, green, and when you saw them...you thought of me right away!! Yessiree. These ARE so me!! I love 'em. And they will be donned on my little stubby fingers come Halloween too. But, in the meantime, they're now draped on top of the entertainment center, right along with my witch collection. [insert a witch's cackle here] Ewwwwww, witch's gloves! Gotta love it.
The coffee cup...I have quite a collection of cups, and Mary was gracious enough to think of me with this wonderful one. It has [In French - which I took in school for my 2nd language course] I LOVE CANADA!! ---Je l'aime, merci beaucoup. C'était une chose très douce à faire pour moi Mary *I love it, thank you very much. It was a very sweet thing to do Mary!* Thank you, thank you once again. I've already used it a couple of times for my morning orange juice, and I can't wait to use it on a winter's night filled with hot, sweet, hot chocolate. Mmm, mmmm, mmm!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARY!!!


Don't forget...I'll be showing and telling what I got from a long time dear friend I've known online for years! She too knows another one of my 'passions'. Gosh, do these friends know me well, or what?

~...end Sunday Snippet
[click HERE for commenting]

<><><>


And finally, the Halloween Treats:

It's a different week, and the treat again will be different. This week, it's a bit on the 'more Autumn' kinda treat. With a little "Halloween flair" but more to do with Fall. I'm handing them out for commentors to my blog who leave ME treats this month with their kind words. Don't be dismayed, I plan on handing them out daily. Only take them if your name appears for the day---

So, check back often, you're name may show up here!
To begin my traditional fun, as I love Halloween, today the trick 'r' treaters are:

Grammy
Constance
Denise
Shadow


And the treat this week will be:



When your name appears above, if you'd like to save this, click on it to enlarge...you'll then be able to grab the treat and run! Happy October, Happy Halloween.

26 comments :

  1. aaah, you sweetie, thank you!!!! took my gift and raaaannn.....

    and you and all your witches are awakening a childlike feeling in me, of mystery and magic, and i totally love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great mutterings - funny how things click when you someone else's answers.

    Thanks for dropping by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your #8! I'm a fan of Christian Bale and Batman...yet, I did not thought of them...LOL

    Happy Sunday...

    P.S. Now I have to go back to my blog to add a photo because I just can't miss your Sunrise-Sunset Photo Meme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah, the neighborhood bar and grill. Yet another think the "cookie cutter" stores and restaurants are making a thing of the past.

    Great mutterings and thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you kind lady! I appreciate your little gift and I am going to run it right on over to my layout!

    Cut gift! Isn't wonderful when you get something in the mail from someone but that it was something that made them think of you! Those are the best ones!

    I took French 3 years in high school. The other day our son asked me why I took French rather than Spanish. It was quite easy, back in the dinosaur age, when I went to High school, they offered Spanish, Latin (no way!) and French. I was studying ballet (total of 10 years) and so I already had an advantage! Of course, here in Texas it doeasn't do me much good!

    Have a lovely weekend!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for your visit earlier - neighbourhood bar and grill ... just wish we had one!!

    Only 4 days until Achmed - "I kill you!" Yippee ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love #2! It is almost time to change that time too! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, interesting mutterings!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are great! Sounds like you have a wonderful friend in Mary. Hope you are having a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. Zoo = My Life
    2. Neighborhood = There goes the _____
    3. Salute = Flag
    4. Immortality = Imperishable
    5. Dominion = Ascendancy
    6. Rhonda = Help Help Me _____
    7. Parties = Headache
    8. Prince of Darkness = Ex-husband
    9. Garbage = Garage
    10. Standard = Poodle (Ugly)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo! Christian Bale! Watched him play Batman and cried over Heath Ledger, Anni! Thanks for commenting on my blog so positively! Glad you got a laugh! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like the silhouette with the light shining through. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ah … my mind went to the same place for #1 today … but the rest of my ‘mutterings’ are different. I really struggled with a few of these today for some reason, but they’re up at Small Reflections. I’ve not posted yet at Sacred Ruminations, but hope to … eventually. Your new ‘treat’ is very kewl (as always) …
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh thank you for the treat. It is a treasured gift. I will keep it in my side bar and cherish it as a gift of friendship. You made my day Thank you for the joy.
    Grammy.

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO interesting!!! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni,

    Yes, when I saw those witches gloves, I thought of you and just had to send them. A few days earlier I had picked up the Canada cup and was just waiting for an opportunity to send it for your mug collection. I knew you didn't have a Canada mug and they are hard to find except near July 1st, which is Canada Day. But find one I did and it was on it's way to you. Then the witches gloves and the little animated witch made it perfect. I'm glad you enjoyed these small tokens of our friendship.

    Thank you for the birthday greeting and the card. I appreciate your thoughtfulness and value our friendship.

    Have a wonderful day, my friend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Flemming! That's the name I was trying to think of this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had to Google Rhonda Fleming. Learned something new today.

    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Anni,I saw this meme on Storytellers site and posted my answaers on my site,let me know what you think of mime.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I knew who Rhonda Fleming was the minute I read it!! She was a big star when I was Young!
    Hugs, Grams

    ReplyDelete
  21. Nice mutterings :) I am in the Central Time Zone.

    Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great mutterings. Thanks for stopping by my place. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the treat, you are so sweet. Mary is so thoughtful, love the gifts she sent you.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello dear Anni:-)

    It's 11:25 pm and it's the first chance I get to sit down at the computer...and it's my bedtime! lol I wanted to visit a few of my very favourite people before I went to bed:-)

    I just love what Mary sent you...the witch is just gorgeous (can a witch be gorgeous?? lol), the gloves are so awesome and gotta love the mug! hehe Mary is one of the sweetest persons I know...aren't we so lucky to have her in our lives?!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love nr. 1

    Mine are ::here::.

    Have a relaxed week.

    ReplyDelete

.