my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






My Sunday Snippet is filled with fun...and another bit of Halloween decor. First, being that it's nearing our country's election, this is all for fun----
Sherry at Lipstick Election had this on her blog the other day, and I thought it was such a 'hoot'...I had to try it. Y'all know the odd, unusual names for Ms. Palin's children [Track *record*, Bristol *middle name, I know, just hasta be "Meyers"*, Willow *weep for me*, Piper *as in Hamlin?*, Trig *short for trigonometry*]. Have you ever wondered what YOUR name would be if she had bore you? Now, remember this is all for fun, not to be taken seriously!

Anyhoo....

Here's mine, and then Bud's.


I would have been named:
STRIKE - I get it...after hours of labor and I finally popped out, she'd say with glee "Strike? You're out!!"


Bud would have been named:
Flack - Then, after Bud popped out from a rough 9 months of carrying him, she'd look at Todd and say "He gave me nothing but....Flak!"

You wanna know too, don't you? I know you're just itchin' to get over to the Sarah Name Generator site, right? Come on....'fess up. Your curiosity is just about ready to explode. Okay, you twisted my arm hard enough, I'll share also, like Sherry did.
Here Ya Go... [linked]
oh..., and let me know just what the heck she came up with on your birth day. It'll be a hummer of a hoot, I'm sure!

- - -

...and Halloween, this I posted last year. I bought the witch's shoe cookie jar in Tucson years ago, and then when we moved down here, I was flabbergasted to actually find a matching set of candle holders!



Today, I'm going to begin with handing our the Halloween Treats. They are only for those I choose, and those I choose are bloggin' friends that leave me a treat in my comments during the month of October. Don't fret, you just may find yourself on my list soon, I'm handing them out daily thru October...
And it begins a new week, so naturally, a new treat.
For Sunday, the handout treats for October goes to:
Sandy
Popping Bubbles
Nancy
Mar

And the treat this week will be:

If you see your name listed above, and would like to save this, click on it to enlarge...you'll then be able to grab the treat and run! Happy October, Happy Halloween.
[Note...Bud and I will be out of town tomorrow all day, so my Monday treat hand out will be posted tonight with a prescheduled post at 5PM - "I hope it works!"]

<><><>



JOIN HERE




My sunrise also has been posted before. This was taken this month, on the White Cap Beach here on the Island...September 11th




<><><>



Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.

I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Insight :: shrewd
2. Irksome :: bothersome
3. Maybe :: just maybe
4. Confirmation :: Church Communion
5. Bib :: overalls
6. Stop! :: Halt! Go no further! You have the right to remain silent....
7. Lobster :: Rachel & Ross [according to Phoebe, they're each other's lobster] Friends Episode 5 minute You Tube that explains
8. Boys :: Town [Nebraska]
9. Fire away :: " You may fire when ready, Gridley." [Manila Bay, and Admiral-?- Dewey]
10. Give up :: surrender

27 comments :

  1. I don't think our answers could be any more different!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the treat, my blogging friend. This is extra special since this is my favorite holiday! God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful beach shot. Yes, I love the ocean even in the Autumn and winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We agree on number 10. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. As far as the Palin names, I believe they're all places in Alaska. I'm not sure how I feel about that so I'll say no more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We matched a bunch this week! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha, and one more... an explanation for the name Trig...
    http://www.ktuu.com/global/story.asp?s=8194634

    And now I will *walk away*

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great mutterings! And I love your Halloween look over here!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mommy Wizdom Ya, I do realize her choice of names have to do with family and Alaskan areas...but the blog entry was just for fun ---not to be taken seriously--- to see what name we'd all get.

    ~Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anni,

    What a hoot! This is what the generator gave me.

    Mary, if you were born to Sarah Palin, your name would be:
    Tank Dent Palin

    Dwight's was Archer Spoon Palin.

    Seriously, I can't imagine anyone naming their kids Track and Trig.

    Your treat for the week is cute. I always enjoy seeing those you make. Sharing these is a great idea and thank you so much for the one I received last week. It is on my sidebar, but I haven't got it posted yet.

    Enjoyed your Sunday Snippet. Have a great day tomorrow.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  11. The generator said the following:
    Recoil Mush Palin...
    lol!!!
    Thank you very, very much for the Halloween treat, you made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni, sorry - sometimes I can be a dork (but you already knew that, lol).

    Anyway, my Palin name is Lean Pipe Palin. Not too bad I guess...

    Have a great Sunday.

    BTW, I'm sorry you're gonna miss Fun Monday - it's going to be interesting, that's for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG, what is all invented hahaha ! this name generator ! Of course I tried it out and have to change my name to "Crunk Petrol" !!! isn't that nice ?? I love your Halloween shoe ! Today I took out my Halloween stuff and decorated the living room a bit. It is so cold and rainy outside that I wanted to cheer me up with little ghosts and witches !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Annie I came by to see your sunrise picture as I decided to join in this meme.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww Ross n Rachel. I remember that episode.

    Love the Mutterings!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am going to try the generator thing...looks like fun. Great mutterings! I love the lobster reference! Happy Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh … my name (as storyteller) would be 'Bowl Antler Palin' ... Sheesh!

    I skipped Sunrise-Sunset today in my BYBS post at Sacred Ruminations because I’ve not taken any NEW photos lately and I noticed the rulez specified we couldn’t use photos from other sources, but I notice your sunrise has been posted before. Oh well ;--)

    I did ‘mutter’ today at Small Reflections. I love your responses for Bib and should have thought of Boys Town because it was a favorite charity of my dad years ago.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! That's an awesome cookiejar. I love it!

    Oh yes, boys town.

    You can find mine ::here::.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. My name would be copper catfish, woo hoo!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd completely forgotten about Rachel & Ross and lobsters lol!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great mutterings. We matched on #2 and 5.
    Feel free to drop by and see mine.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Here's mine:

    Carole, if you were born to Sarah Palin, your name would be:
    Wrangler Tractor Palin

    Okayyyyyyyyyyy! I'd like to hear her explain that one! lol

    I just love that cookie jar, how unique! Plus, you were able to later find matching candle holders, how awesome:-) You truly are the Queen of Halloween to me, I love it!!! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  23. I would love to see your entire house and how you have it decorated for Halloween. You have such a fun spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like your number six and i think I'll watch that Friends episode five :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by - have a good time in San Antonio ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  26. My mother named me Beth - Sarah Palin would have named be Ripper Shook !! Love all of your Halloween decor - it's a wonder time of the year.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Manila Bay? We were just there last Sunday for the Breast Cancer Awareness Month celebration with Avon :)

    ReplyDelete

.