“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes








Woodland Mama came up with one fantastic challenge. And Fun too! Here's what she asked of us this week:
    ~Write the beginning of an unusual love story (not a real one). I only want the first paragraph. You can add an illustration or a picture to spice it up if you are really daring. Now don't be afraid. You blog, so you can do it.


...and naturally I got carried away, it really should be written in more than ONE paragraph, but I kept it as one so I wouldn't be known as a 'cheater' rofl.


With my back to the sun, I was lounging on the firey sand atop my freshly laundered, but tattered, beach towel as I read my paperback novel. The sound of the surf was making for a wonderful, lazy, day. The tropical breeze was spinning its way through the reed weave of my large brimmed hat, and tossing the tendrils of my dark brown hair. The day couldn't have been more perfect. I was young back then. The day was peaceful. I was alone as I wanted to be. I wasn't much of a socialite and I enjoyed my quiet time being by myself, taking a break from a long burdensome week of working at the office in the city. The book I was reading was a sultry romance. One I was enjoying and I admit, I had difficulty not taking it to work with me and just forgetting my routine and what was expected of me at my job. It would have been so easy to just forget the mundanes of my five day employment, and .....turn the pages of reverie and daydream of a fantasy life of Jake and Sarah. As I began a new chapter, Jake was searching. Searching for his lost love. Sarah. She had mysteriously disappeared and his loss haunted him. They had made passionate love on the tropical island that for as much as they knew, no one else inhabited. Then, she left him...left him with just the memory of the beautiful, green-eyed brunette that engulfed him with such passion. As I readied my thumb and finger to flip the page to continue helping Jake with his search for Sarah, a shadow was cast on my book from behind. Tho startled, I turned to find what was darkening my world. There, behind me, was Jake!! He was deeply tanned, and he had aged a bit from the author's description in the front pages of the fiction I was traversing. But it was him. That instant I knew this man...he was the man I too have been searching for; I was so much like the second character of the artists conception between the paper pages of the book. I was Sarah---------


[Rayne will host next week]

24 comments :

  1. You were Sarah and fell back on the sand, he throw himself over you and then the rest was censured !

    BTW my Weekly winners were here about the Royal Palace in Brussels and the labyrinthe underneath. If ever you want to have a look. I don't know what happened but a lot of people didn't find the link, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey that's brilliant! immensely enjoyable...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woo Hoo, you go girl!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa, Lordy. Hot stuff, i tell you! Now i need a cold shower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely! So fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some pretty hot paragraphs floating around this week, and this is one of 'em! Good job!

    I didn't sign up, so don't waste your time going to my site. I can't write worth a crap!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These hot flashes are killing me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahahaha... that was totally unexpected!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You amaze me

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's like Inkheart, she read him right out of the book. Excellent. Thanks for participating!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni,

    You should really write a novel. Harlequin is always looking for hot stuff. LOL You did good, girl. Write something and send it to a publisher.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whew!! Wiping sweat from my forehead- for one moment I thought I new Sarah on the beach with her tattered towel, but then I learned that she disappeared from that Jake- so it could not be my Sarah, she stayed tuned for many many years."LOL"
    There is a very romantic person hidden within you, that's for sure my friend!!!
    Loved the story and love and admire you- YATB !!!
    Mutti, with a big smile coming your way !!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucky Sarah! Everyone knows that Jakes only get better as they age!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni--Hold on to that guy. I'll be there in about 4 hours. He may be the guy I've been dreaming about. Somebody did accidently call me Sarah once...that's got to be significant.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Sara! What a lovely encounter to experience on the beach. Dripping with romance.

    Very good read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dare I ask what comes next?? Great read!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That was fabulous. I want a Jake, maybe Mr B wioll cjange his name. Great twist. :D

    ReplyDelete
  18. Don't you hate it when you glance us just as you've pressed 'post comment' and it looks a bit wrong?? :D

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love it Anni...great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Dang, woman!!

    I need some ice water -- THAT was HOT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your video campaign is a HOOT for sure and your romantic ‘teaser’ wonderful too. Well done all around, but definitely NOT surprising. We all know what a creative streak you possess. Alas, creativity abandoned me this morning … so I’ve taken a different path today at Small Reflections … just because.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  22. You and Bud look good

    ReplyDelete
  23. HUH! You can't leave us hanging like that! Now you'll HAVE to finish the story! lol You, dear Miss Anni, sure know how to write a story and catch ones' attention!!! Very well done...now I'm going to bed and maybe dream a little:-) hehe xoxo

    ReplyDelete

.