~...end Wordless
[CLICK HERE FOR COMMENT FORM if you wish to skip the joke below]


<><><>

A Catholic Priest, an Indian Doctor, a rich Chinese Businessman and an Aussie were waiting one morning for a particularly slow group of golfers in front of them.
The Aussie fumed, 'What's with those blokes? We must have been waiting for fifteen bloody minutes!'
The Indian Doctor chimed in, 'I don't know, but I've never seen such poor golf!'
The Chinese Businessman called out 'Move it, time is money'
The Catholic Priest said, 'Here comes George the green keeper. Let's have a word with him.'
'Hello, George' said the Catholic Priest, 'What's wrong with that group ahead of us? They're rather slow, aren't they?'
George the green keeper replied, 'Oh, yes. That's a group of blind fire fighters. They lost their sight saving our clubhouse from a fire last year, so we always let them play for free anytime.'
The group fell silent for a moment.
The Catholic Priest said, 'That's so sad. I think I will say a special prayer for them tonight.'
The Indian Doctor said, 'Good idea. I'm going to contact my ophthalmologist colleague and see if there's anything he can do for them.'
The Chinese Businessman replied, 'I think I'll donate $50,000 to the fire-fighters in honour of these brave souls'

The Aussie said, 'Why can't they play at night?'


<><><>

27 comments :

  1. This is a group photo of the new Autumn Swag I made this week [closeups included]. It is twisted and wired grapevine, then I added red eucalyptus stems, acorn, fall branches, pine cones, and added white seed. Then, in the very center is a gold winged butterfly made from tulle. Hanging with a gold ribbon, with a dash of lime green. It is about three feet total length, and I love the room fragrance from the eucalyptus!! All materials from craft shop and total cost less than $10.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice decor. Happy WW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are lovely Anni. You did a great job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. jsut stoped in to saay HI. I hope thaty ou aree having a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool very creative.. please visit my entry here
    http://sweetprettynaughty.blogspot.com/2008/09/wordless-wednesday-15.html

    and
    http://memoryfilled.blogspot.com/2008/09/wordless-wednesday-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your decoration sweetie, very lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. do u have to dust them daily?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really pretty - I'm glad I'm not the only one looking forward to fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are lovely garlands. I love the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That joke just made my afternoon (after a hard working morning)! How apt.

    Love those details on your decor.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I'm the only person in the world who doesn't like fall...I am so in love with spring, a time of new birth. I know, I'm weird.
    I love your arrangement, though. It's really beautiful!
    Have a wonderful day,
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. Less than $10 for all those decorative materials is a good buy! Lovely how you've done them up too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anni,

    I love your Autumn swag. You did a good job on it and the cost is perfect. I also have an Autumn project I want to do. The supplies cost about the same as yours, but I haven't found time to get at it yet.

    Enjoyed the joke. Hope you have a great day.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    PS. Come on over to my place and read what I was up to today. I can hardly wait for your reaction. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous swag! So pretty for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Autumn Swag is gorgeous!! what a beautiful way to look forward to fall!

    Now excuse me, I have to forward that hilarious joke!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. THat's a real beauty and so inexpensive. Happy WW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the deep rich colors.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty, but I'm still not happy that fall's around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That´s really beautiful and very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh my gosh, it's Fall already!? Lovely pics!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great capture! Those are very pretty decors!

    Happy WW Anni! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. That looks beautiful ! ! You did a great job !

    ReplyDelete
  23. That's really pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Anni, of course I would NEVER skip one of your jokes!
    Happy WW!
    I'm with the Aussie, those guys should be able to play at night. Maybe their seeing eye dogs need the light, dogs can't see in the dark [(Ask Dr. Jim (blog)]. :-)
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  25. Much as I love the Spring, I can see the beauty of the Autumn, and your decorating is a very amazing way to greeting the inevitable time we are headig toward. You are one skilled lady, and it seems to me that everything you put your pretty little head to, you do!!! I also love the color you have on the wall, the deep turquose or greenish, very becoming to the rest of the room
    UATB--wonderful work !!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You’re oh so creatively clever my friend! Thanks for sharing ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

.