my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Three items in my post -
Sunday Snippet [entertainment from Australia], Green Thumb Sunday [several photos of some of our hibiscus this week], and Unconscious Mutterings [some great words for association this week!]




Several days ago, I stopped by to read what Jan at the Prytz Family had for us. What "blog"gled my mind was her fantasy career. Strange Fruit. Boy was I ever intrigued by this human phenomenon. I saw the photo she shared, and I almost immediately went out to Google and did a search. These people are for real! And they're amazing. After reading their website [aforementioned link] - I had to go check out You Tube to see if they were out there. I had no doubt they wouldn't be. And I found this one....





I wish here, right now, to send along my thanks to Jan for opening my eyes to a whole new world -

I ♥ Australians!!!!


~...end Sunday Snippet
[comment link here - or below]


<><><>



Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.


I say ... and you think ... ?

1. Crankiness :: Crabby Ol' Man!!!
2. Backpack :: Hiking
3. Clone :: DNA
4. High ground :: flood
5. Dreams :: Gloria Estefan's song..."Reach"
6. Lovingly :: Sincerly
7. Mistake :: To err is human
8. Carson :: City Nevada Or Johnny!
9. Errand :: Shop
10. Dozen :: twelve x twelve="gross"

~...end Mutterings
[comment link here - or below]


<><><>


Join Here


Being in the subtropical zones our plant life is quite diverse. But, my favorites, other than roses of course, are hibiscus. Here are several of the different bushes we have in bloom right now----





25 comments :

  1. Gday Annie. I got dizzy just watching strange fruit.
    Wow I love your Beautiful Hibiscus and the double red one is my favorite.
    Aussie Aussie Aussie Oi Oi Oi...Jenxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mutterings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mutterings! Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your mutterings

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Hibiscus- I love the first one - it seems so ruffled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Annie, those hibiscus shots are lovely! I think they're beautiful flowers -- I particularly love the hardy variety and their dinner-plate-sized blossoms.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for visiting my mutterings! Love all your Sunday Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thanks so much for this entire post. First, the Hibiscus shots or beautiful. Hibiscus have always reminded me of oversized flowers from Alice in Wonderland. Next, Strange Fruit ... *mouth hanging open in awe*. Strange indeed -- and so lovely. And last but not least -- I always enjoy your mutterings. The first one actually made me snort. LOL Thanks so much for coming by. I enjoy visiting you back, always. Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Hibiscus tea ! It grows in Egypt and in some African countries. In Europe it is not well known except in Italy. The tea is delicious made from the dried Hibiscus flowers. You get this tea offered from everybody and everywhere in Egypt. last time I brought 1 kg with me because I can't find it here ! The tea is called Karkadee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Interesting! I love visiting your blog I always find something NEW!

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. ROFL … I love your response to ‘crankiness’ and when you read MY mutterings you’ll know why. I couldn’t have put it better myself. Enjoyed your other answers too, but will be chuckling for a while about #1. As for your ‘snippet’ … I saw Jan’s fantasy too but didn’t follow it up as you did, so your ‘blurb’ and video were a fun follow up for me. I enjoyed your lovely blossoms today too. Tagged (as you were) by Mary, I did the ‘needs’ meme this morning with my mutterings. Hope you’re enjoying your weekend ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Anni,

    Strange Fruits are amazing. Can you imagine this being a career? What fun!

    Your unconscious mutterings are about the same as mine would have been. I always find your answers interesting.

    The blooms in your garden are awesome. I didn't get my fountain in the side garden installed yet, so it still isn't finished, so didn't post a GTS.

    Hope you and Bud are having a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL Crabby Ol' Man - too true

    Happy Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow. I've never seen double flowered Hibiscus flowers. Thanks for letting me know and inviting me to come see your GTS post.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for inviting me over!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like some of your hibiscus are double petaled? Lovely. I was actually going to add a photo of my Rose of Sharon Hibiscus today but I thought I'd make a separate post instead. The hibiscus shrubs are lovely but a little messy too .. do you have several dead flowers littering the ground beneath your trees like I do?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sometimes I forget how many colors there are of Hibiscus. The dark pink-reds are the most common here, and I don't see many of the other colors as you show here. My sister's pet turtle loves Hibiscus flowers more than any other food!
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great mutterings! Thanks for stopping by my place again.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your flowers are beautiful, Anni. I hope you have had a good Sunday and that you will have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for being the wonderful person that you are, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  21. to err is human...to forgive is DIVINE.

    thanks for dropping by. have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Looks like we're the only two people who thought of Carson city ;)

    Thanks for stopping in, loved your mutterings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Haven't heard that Estefan song in a while...

    Hope you have a fabulous week ahead, Anni. Cheers! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry for the late reply. Got some nice mutterings! Thanks for dropping in again!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for stopping by my site and sorry for the late response. Your flowers are most lovely!

    I had to chuckle when I read your list of favorite songs - your #1 is my cell phone ring - you have great taste!!

    ReplyDelete

.