my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




My mutterings are below the weekend photos I posted for my Sunday Snippet Section.






Taken from our driveway -
August 22st about 7 a.m.







As Shakespeare states in his play "Venus and Adonis" -Like a red morn that ever yet betokened, Wreck to the seaman, tempest to the field, Sorrow to the shepherds, woe unto the birds, Gusts and foul flaws to herdmen and to herds.-

Or found in the Bible Matthew 16 chapters 2-3 Jesus says: -When in evening, ye say, it will be fair weather: For the sky is red. And in the morning, it will be foul weather today; for the sky is red and lowering.-

I then when I witness a beautiful red sunrise or a gloriously crimson sunset, I think of the adage "Red sky in the morning, sailors' warning. Red sky at night, sailors' delight".

And the 'scientist in me' wants to have that explained. During sunrise and sunset the sun is low in the sky, and it transmits light through the thickest part of the atmosphere. When we see a red sky at night, this means that the setting sun is sending its light through a high concentration of dust particles. This usually indicates high pressure and stable air coming in from the west. Basically good weather will follow.

At night, with the red sky we see what means that the setting sun is sending its light through a high concentration of dust particles. This usually indicates high pressure and stable air coming in from the west. Basically good weather will be heading our way. A red sunrise reflects the dust particles of a system that has just passed from the west. This indicates that a storm system may be moving to the east. If the morning sky is a deep fiery red, it means a high water content in the atmosphere. So, rain is probable.


<><><>

Saturday morning, early, we decided to drive about 30 miles or so due south from the city, over the JFK causeway and onto Padre Island all the way to the end of the two wheel drive access highway. The road continues southward, but it's cautionary to be driving 4 wheel from the Malaquite Point. At the Federal Park Toll Gate, about four miles inland is a visitor's center. This is world famous for it's annual release of the endangered species hatchlings...the Kemp Ripley Turtles. People from all over the world come here in the months of June and July to watch the National Seashore Park's scientists release hundreds to the sea.

On any normal given morning, it's quiet, and it's beautiful! Not too many want to spend the park entrance fee when there are so many other beach roads with free access. So, when we do go there, it's normally quiet. This day, we were the only ones there for a while. By the time we were getting ready to leave there were a few showing up.

After we parked the car, we need to walk up the super area where there are covered picnic tables, a little souvenir shop with snack foods, and to the opposite side there is a small visitor's center. Which we planned on stopping in after we walked the beach and sat and watched the waterfowl for a while in the peacefulness of the morning.

After we stayed there a couple of hours we headed for another area where the birding is heavy most always. [but this Saturday there wasn't much activity since there were a lot of boaters out already!]

What follows are some photos I took from the cellphone camera with 'mouseover' titles for each photo....








<><><>


Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.

I say ... and you think ... ?

  1. Cry :: in the Dark [movie starring Meryl Streep]
  2. Stretch :: fabric
  3. Efficient :: competent
  4. Brunch :: Sunday [for the two of us!]
  5. Afro :: hairdo
  6. Preheat :: oven to 375°
  7. Delicious :: yummy!
  8. Global warming :: I take the 5th on this one.*
  9. Actions :: reactions [for every action there is an equal/opposite reaction]
  10. Ride :: Ferris Wheel
*I took the 5th only 'cause I couldn't think of a gosh darned thing. Other than getting into a huge political speil about the whole subject.


23 comments :

  1. the pic indicates that you had a grand time.

    thanks for stopping by my mutterings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful sunrise! I am a late riser, so it's been months since I've seen a sunrise. If I don't get to bed soon, I'll see one this morning!
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful landscape ! and your cell phone did a good job !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mutterings!!! though now you have me curious about your global warming thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Mutterings! :) Happy Sunday! Mine's Up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the ferris wheel comment. That brings back a lot of memories - both good and bad ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't really want to say much about global warming, either.

    Action - Newton's Laws of Motion. I had to help my kids study those last year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love your pictures how nice to have a beach all to yourself

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous photos from a really beautiful part of the world. I enjoyed your mutterings, too - as usual. I'd forgotten that Merryl Streep movie. #9 is very clever - wish I'd thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Anni, You know I fell in love with the beach last year! Your pictues were so beautiful. That is a good job with a cell phone!! I think I would like to live by the ocean!
    I had a wonderful Birthday Party and I got to meet Glo and her husband Mike (Young At Heart) and they are so nice!!! She lives 30 miles from me.
    I have posted the pictures on my blog! Love and hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, thanks for explaining that adage "Red sky at morning..." I never understood why. Thanks! Love the beach photos. I spent time at the beach this weekend too...won't be long before I can't go anymore, winter will be setting in in a couple of months.

    I'm happy about the Obama/Biden ticket. Couldn't have been a better pick. He brings foreign policy experience... But I've always liked Biden.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Afternoon on this fine Sunday sunny day (for a change)..no more rain yet but i would think you might be getting some. The clouds still look angry!! We sure had a lot of rain dumped on us from Fay!!
    you had a nice trip yesterday!! good for you..

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sweetie, I love the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni- Beautiful job you did with your cellphone- nr.4 (miles and miles) look a lot like my beach.

    Global warming= fear,(for our children)

    Aktion= cut!!

    Love Shakespeare's Venus and Adonis

    Semper Fi
    Mutti

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a wonderful outing. Your cell phone sure takes good pictures. I don't think mine takes that good although I haven't really tried taking any picture except one of me to put on my phone and 2 or 3 others. Thanks for the red sky scientific explanation. I had never heard that. I'm impressed with the mouse over explanations.
    Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice photos.

    And your blog looks marvellous!!!!

    Feel welcome to visit my mutterings at:

    http://www.laaneworld.com/2008/08/unconscious-mutterings-291.html

    Have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  17. 8. Sometimes that's best... =)

    10. Sounds like fun.

    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ah, it's been forever since I was on a Ferris Wheel. Excellent mutterings and I really love that photo at the top. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pictures........ my cell does not take pictures that well...... good for you....... I love the sea side...... I would live on the coast if not for family here..........

    Have a blessed week.......

    ReplyDelete
  20. If I'd been that close to the beach I'd have been in the water! I've only been to the ocean 3 times and I treasure my memories and pictures from those times.

    Loved your pictures, all of them, but especially the beach pics.

    Have a blessed new week, Anni! ;-)

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wish I had taken a walk on the beach with my girls instead of just around the block. Pretty pics (O:

    ReplyDelete
  22. Anni,

    I love your photos of the Island. What a sight it would be to see them releasing the turtles into the sea. And the scenery is beautiful! Glad you had a great day.

    Well, hubby and I met Carole (Pea) and Steve and the coffee shop and had a terrific time. We had coffee and chatted and then went out to dinner. I will try to get photos up asap and Pea has lots too. It's wonderful meeting new friends and enjoying their company. For the rest, you have to wait until I post. ;-) Wish you could have joined us.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely photos.

    Great mutterings.

    ReplyDelete

.