my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out



Join Here



Well, hmmmmmm. Last week for Show n Tell, I did tintypes. This week, it's still on the 'artsy' side....but it's my own pencil sketches. Just a few. I have dozens. So, I picked out these to show. They've been done over the years. I must get back to doing this form of work again. It's been way too long. It's a form of relaxation and a sense of accomplishing when it's done. I love to draw!!! [Now that I found my Kira, the Gelfling, I've always wanted to draw Aughra from the same movie.] :::thinking::: Ya, it's time to get out the ol' sketch pad and sharpen my heavy lead pencils again----











Emmett the Clown



















Another Clown & Dog





















Mark Twain





















Troll Doll


















Abraham Lincoln


















'Gelflings' Jen & Kira
from movie - Dark Crystal
Jim Henson muppeteer -creator













~end show n tell

[comments below new table part of blog]










<><><>

Yesterday I couldn't be online much after 7 am --
First, it rained cats and dogs and a lot of lightning. So, in turn, the computer and big screen TV was unplugged for caution's sake. And I didn't get back online 'til late, and that means I didn't get to visit my blog friends like I normally do. I'll be catching up today if no storms come our way. We've had a lot of hurricane/cyclone activity out in the Atlantic most of the week. But, nothing has developed and dissipated. Still, two remain out there. One closer to the EAST which as I type isn't predicted to develop. While the 2nd one has a larger percentage of developing into a tropical depression. It's holding steady near Cuba. And on the news late last night, the forecast is if it does become a tropical storm, the predicted path is toward the eastern shores of USA. But, as always I keep an eye on this during the months of June-November...to make sure. There is always a chance of it coming into the Gulf.

Okay, so you know...we had a huge storm. It lasted only an hour or so, and then it began to clear out. And boy howdy was it miserable outside afterward. The heat index was well over 110 degrees. And the humidity was 'to die for'. Seriously.

Well, that was okay anyway.

A while ago I saw a nice looking dining room table online through Ashley's Furniture. It caught my eye. I was looking for something new. Something that would go with all the nautical decor, and yet not be too tacky if you know what I mean. Also, the same finish as our dining room hutch [built in - which means I can't get rid of it unless I tear it out...and that, my friend, is out of the question] and the round 'knob' effect going around the table is the same concept of the hardware on the built-in hutch. The black leather seats would 'go with' the black leather in the living room [which is visible from the dining room] This just popped up one day while searching online. And I liked it. Our dining room set we've had here, we've had for nearly 30 years. It was time to get a new set. Just this week, I went back out to the site and the same table I've been looking at had an 'online special'...which means, no shipping charges! That sold me. I ordered it, and it arrived shortly after the storm yesterday.

In turn, Bud and I were tearing out the old stuff, getting it ready to take out, and then putting the new set together. Here it is. Sorry for the dark photos, but if you enlarge them you can see a bit better....






The table & chairs set










close-up of knob on table round








...and close up of hutch knobs! This is what sold me on the table...it matched so well with the hutch hardware.

37 comments :

  1. Thanks for visiting - yes - I was thrilled with the find!

    I love your sketches, I love the clown one best.

    Great find with your dining table and chairs too - perfect match.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very talented. Love the dining room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your sketches!!! have you done a self-portrait??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annie, you do a great job!!!! A great job. I have always admired talent like that.

    I have a question about changing blog templates (just answer at my blog if you will, I tend to get lost blog surfing...). If you change templates, do you lose your old posts? I think I want to change my template. Still keep it simple in the middle, but find a template that is wider and has pretty but not fussy stuff on the sides.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such an amazing talent my friend. I love your new furniture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Anni, I have enjoyed looking at your art work.You are very good with pencil drawings..You are so talented in many areas...I love your new dining room table and chairs..

    Have a good day. Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Hoot! Your drawings are fantastique! I love mrk twain and Abe the very best! You are so very talented! Thanks for stopping by my site this morning! I pray your weekend is a hootinany!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful sketches, Anni! And the furniture is gorgeous. Amazing how well the new pieces match your hutch. It's always fun to get something new!
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the drawings! They are very good! I like to draw, but I have to be able to look at something in order to draw. I wish I could draw from my imagination. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! You are so talented! I can't imagine why you aren't doing sketches of people and gettin paid for it.
    I hope you are satisfied with the quality of the furniture. I purchased two pieces from the same company. I wish I'd paid more attention to detail, turned it over and looked at the bottom. It is very shoddy workmanship and already needs some work. I've had it a year. My daughter had a similar experience. Well, I had bought the service contract but never got any help there either and I called after 3 months. I read the fine print and if you file a claim then the contract is null and void for future claims on the same piece so I thought I might need to do it later on for a worse senario. Anyway that is my story. They won't be getting anymore business from me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a talent for sure. Your pencil drawings are great. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What exquisite sketches! I do envy you your ability to draw - I can barely manage a straight line. I had to chuckle when I read your profile - I do love the Tudor/Elizabethan period and I was so entranced when I was younger that my mother said I must have been a member of the court in a former life. A serving wench, methinks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your sketches. I especially like the first one of Emmett the clown.My favorite uncle is named Emmett as was his father (my grandfather) - good name.
    Beautiful table and chairs. We have an Ashley's Furniture store close to us. I think they have lovely things.
    We had a monsoon storm last night. Not much rain - lots of wind. I'm glad we don't have hurricanes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni,

    I love all of your sketches. They are terrific. I think my favorite is Abraham Lincoln. I have always been interested in this former President.

    I do hope that all the storms stay away from your area. I'm glad you keep a careful watch on what is going on. Forewarned is forearmed.

    Your new dining room set is beautiful. I can't imagine finding one that matched the hut so well. You were lucky that you were able to get a bargain on it. Enjoy!

    Take care and try to stay cool. Have a great weekend and be sure to do something fun.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your sketches. Love the new blog look too.

    Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I lvoe your drawings!! you are so talented!! I used to draw and paint alot that was before Kids!!
    Love that furniture too!! I love Ashley stuff!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pencil sketches are one my favorite art media.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You, my friend, have so much talent, it always leaves me in awe! Such wonderful sketches. I can't even draw a stick figure! lol I haven't seen Dark Crystal yet so I must rectify that...I've always loved Jim Henson's puppets.

    We've had hail the last couple of days so it's been really strange weather. Today it's sunny but they say chances of rain in the late afternoon so we'll see what happens this time.

    Oh Anni, I just love your new table and chairs! Isn't it amazing what you can find online and not having to pay shipping fees is definitely a bonus!! I wish I could come over and try out one of those chairs:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your sketches, thanks for visiting my journal too.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, those are great sketches. You are very talented.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Those are wonderful sketches! You are very talented.

    I've never seen that first commercial, but it is great!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh wow, you're very talented. I wish I could draw like that. I love the Dark Crystal! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the sketches. You have some talent. Can't wait to see more.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Loved your show and tell. I guess you could say something good came out of the storm...heehee. It was 50 degrees here in CO today and rainy.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh wow! You are very talented. The clowns are my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your sketchings are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I use to love to draw more. It's just to sit down and take the time.
    I think you did a great job on these. I love the troll doll-brings back memories.
    Stop on my my blog and enter to win some 4th anniversary goodies under that post. I need more entries and you gals at the Show and Tell fit the bill. I know you want salt water taffy from Atlantic City!

    ReplyDelete
  28. My uncle was a clown, and that picture of the clown looks just like his costume. The one of Abe Lincoln almost makes Abe seem good looking.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh my....... such a talent! My dad does such good sketching ......... I love the clowns... they speak words without saying a word! good job and yes get the lead out!!!!!

    hahhah

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anni, you are so talented! I wish I could draw like that. I used to try, but to no avail.

    Thanks for sharing your sketches, and thanks for stopping by my blog. Happy Trails to You!

    ReplyDelete
  31. These are WONDERFUL sketches!!! Sorry you missed out on your usual blogging during the storm but glad it passed without causing damage. I like your new table and chairs … very nice way to update things ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  32. wow! great sketches. you really have a talent. i enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your sketches are wonderful. Do you paint with watercolors or oil as well? Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Perfect match! Perfect sale! Perfect timing! Just perfect! I really like the colors of your walls! I just got a new table to-very exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Excellent drawings! I enjoyed viewing them!

    LaTeaDah

    ReplyDelete
  36. Anni, I'm blown away by your sketches. I've never seen such a sensitive portrayal of Mr. Lincoln! Sorry I haven't been around much lately, but I've been real involved in doing art myself, and would love for you to take a page from my book and try atc's or altered art. Take a look at my S&T for more details. It's something I think you'd be very good at, and would certainly enjoy.
    I love the new look at your blog. See how you are? (artsy)
    Love,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete

.