my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!




Join Here

HEADS - Supply

Hmmmm, well, I certainly had a great supply for this project. I'm always saving my scrap yarns from making afghans and such. Then, I find myself with a huge surplus supply of small balls of leftover yarn. What the cats don't rip up while I'm working on stuff, I tend to roll up, and stuff them in a big carpet bag of mine along with the supply of books and patterns. [Not to mention this huge 'snake charmer type basket' that is stuffed with scrap yarn balls, too!]

Okay, so now I've piqued your interests? Right?

And for the last several weeks, I've been working on a project for Autumn. I must admit that the pattern was once in German and then translated into English, and the English isn't up to the actual language as we speak it...nor is the 'style' of abbreviations and directions done in the 'American' way. For instance DEC or INC [which would be in my language "decrease and increase"] the style in this particular pattern has V and upside down 'V' for adding and subtracting stitches among other little things [like * * instead of ( ) around the number of times the particular pattern must be repeated] that I found confusing at times.




I have started over more than once, and I'm not completely done yet, but so far this is what I have made from the supply of scrap yarns. I guess, in a way, you could say my supply of patience in deciphering the 'foreign' pattern has or will pay off eventually ---







These are the pieces I've done in the last month or so...and I have just a little bit more to add and crochet, then it's putting them all together and show n tell. Maybe come back soon, I'll have it done before the week is over if the creek don't rise! Ahhhh, come on, I know you can guess what it is, can't you?


30 comments :

  1. Um, well, I think I know...I think they're well on their way to becoming scarecrows. Am I right? And cute ones, too! Just in time for harvest time and Halloween. ;-)

    Hope all is well with you and yours, Anni.

    Love and hugs,

    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS: I like your new look!

    D.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your new template!!!!!! and love all you do with your supply of scrap yarns. I wonder how you find time to do all those things. And blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That little scarecrow is just too cute! I can't wait to see him finished and standing tall!

    I'm in an autumn kind of mood, too. I'm pulling out some scarps from my fabric stash and am creating a fall-ish quilt. I'll post photos when I get far enough long for them to make sense!

    I like the new look on your blog, too.

    Take care. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni,I love your new warm colors on your blog...Do you knit and crochet?? What is easier to do? I want to learn one or the other....I love your scarecrow...You are so talented... Have a fun day. Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're making a scarecrow for Fall! I have lots of small balls of yarn left over too. Luckily I have lots of little nieces and nephews, not to mention Aidan that I can use the small balls of yarn to knit mittens for the Winter for.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cant wait to see the end result. i can picture it now, but seeing it all piece together will be even better :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. it's a scarecrow? for halloween??

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think your scarecrow(s) will be just darling when finished. Please don't give up I want to see the finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are so cool! I wish I had your creative talent :) Happy HOT day!

    My entry is here:
    http://urbanzoo.suedarroch.com/

    Stop by if you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeap a scarecrow!! As much as you LOVE Halloween I knew that it had to do with that...not a witch this time!!
    WE are still on the road. Leaving kentucky today and heading to see Lazy Daisy in Virginia..Kathy and Charlie.
    We have had a great time but I have been so busy that i just cannot visit everyone. Hopefully back to NORMAL (whatever that is) next week..Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice one! I love to learn that!
    By the way, new look again!
    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A supply of yarn -- wow! I never even thought of that.

    For a while I could not comment on your blog (sniff!) but I am glad I can now!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Used to crochet. I should probably start again.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a cute scarecrow! I only wish I had enough talent to make something like that. :-) Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni,

    You little project is just lovely. I won't comment on what it is because you've already mentioned it to me. Love the colors. You are such a talented lady.

    Blessings for a great day. Say hi to Bud for me.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  17. Haha.. I didn't have to read the comments to figure it out. I guess Fall and Halloween will be here before we know it!

    (Love your list of songs on the sidebar.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love scarecrows sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great topic for you! Wish I could create like that.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Adorable!! I haven't done any handwork for a long time and you certainly upped my supply of desire for it! Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Very pretty blog. Like the scarecrow too. Nice to find women in my age group that blog. I am new at this, but have been enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is cute! You've made me want to grab up some yarn and give it a go! I love the little scarecrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my … how very creative you are!!! Of course … it’s really no surprise … but is there any limit to your creative pastimes? I suspect not. So … I’m still trying to figure out the Mozilla popup box thing and am having no more success this morning than I did last night. It’s bugging me even more than before because now I realize there’s a ‘fix’ … but I can’t figure out where I’m going wrong. Any suggestions for me???
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how cute! I love those. Great idea for "supply". Happy HoT

    ReplyDelete
  25. How cute! I love them! I wish I was just a tiny bit crafty! What fun projects!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Dear Anni, im a bit slow getting around Ive been glued to the Tv watching Olympics and trying to get a throw rug finished for my grandaughter it was for her birthday a couple of weeks ago but she didnt give me much notice.. Its nearly finished ...

    Just love your new page with the lovely hibiscus...That would have to be a scare crow with all the bits of yellow sticking out.. Takecare my friend ill be back soon..

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so creative! I love, love, love your new blog look!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for visiting TeaReads! Your WW is good, but I really like the autumn cap you knittted. I'm a non-knitter who hopes to find a cap like this in a shop somewhere. I plan to add felt leaves and acorns around the edge.
    Beautiful blog you have, Hootin' Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  29. nice new template. nice hot.

    thanks for the visit.

    ReplyDelete

.