my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!





edition #71



Thirteen favorite commercials
a few are linked & should open in a new window for viewing
Some now...some from way back in time....


This one I love. Do you ever find yourself looking forward to commercials on television? No? Am I the odd one or what? Guess so. But this one I stop what I'm doing -even in mid stride sometimes, to watch it all the way through. And I only see it aired during baseball games. Yep, I look for this one, in hopes it'll be the next one or the next...
It's like me you see. As I've said many many times, I more a tom boy at heart. And ever since I was a kid, baseball has been a big part of me. What with my dad playing catch with me. My brothers playing baseball and I was always included. At school for elementary, I was always rushing to grab a bat and ball when we were 'released from the classroom drudgery' of history or something else that bored the heck outta me ---recess, you'd find me on the playground with bat in hand...doing just what this boy is doing. Then, with Jr. High and High School...I always signed up for baseball after school activities. I played short stop and a lot of times pitcher. And yes, it was BASEBALL, not girly softball. LOL


2] Of course my all time favorite is timeless. It's found on my sidebar. Miller High Life's Holiday message. It's no longer on television. For years I've wanted it to return, but nope. No such luck. But the song, "I'll be Home for Christmas" makes me tear up. Every blessed time!! I miss our family Christmases with mom and dad and the whole gang of siblings and offspring. Those were the days!

3] From a long time ago...Taco Bell with the Chihuahua and the 'live' dog was in the rear window of a car, the car is slowly traveling down a neighborhood street, and the camera zooms in closer to the dog..it's supposedly a bobble head dog...you know the kind that 'bobble around' with the motion of the vehicle? [Like a hula girl on the dash?] Anyway, the dog comes to life and says "Yo quiero Taco Bell"

4] I like the big bruiser hockey player that is in the locker room after a game. The whole team is around, doing the manly art of jousting and such...the coach answers the phone, and nods to the 'star player' that the call is for him...it's his little daughter on the other end of the phone connection. The big burly guy turns into a mushy dude and sings "The itsy bitsy spider"...all the teammates are there silently poking fun of him. when he hangs up, they all razz him. He says "Hey, it's my little girl!"

5] I love the Geico Lizard [or gecko]!! He's just too danged adorable. And the British accent that he speaks to us with is just so darned 'cutesy'!! [Click Here]

6] Oh and since we're on animals...another one is the Aflac Duck!! One of the newer ones --just within the last year anyway, is where the duck is racing along the drag strip...and with the speed, and force, his face gets all contorted with centrifugal forces that messes up his features?

7] But my all time Aflac commercial is the one where the duck is riding on a roller coaster! It cracks me up! Roller Coaster Aflac Link

8]The old one....for Budweiser. Three frogs in a swamp on lily pads..."Bud" croaks one. "Wise" comes from the 2nd on his turn, and then "Errrr" from the third. Bud, wise, er....Budweiser. [Click Here] for a cute compilation of ALL -funny!

9] Yet another animal commercial. Where there is Windex involved [window cleaner]. One bird from a tree, flies around to the front of this guy's house [who happens to be sitting, relaxing on his patio after cleaning the glass doors] ---the bird ending up in the front of the house, uses his beak to ring the doorbell. They guy gets up, goes through the house and finds no one at the door. In the meantime, the other bird has closed the patio glass door...the guy comes back through to continue his patio relaxing and walks right into the glass...and the birds laugh at this trick every time! "Let's do it again"! Love it. [Click Here]

10] I still mimic this commercial from long ago "All my men wear ENGLISH LEATHER, or they wear nothing at all". Ya baby!!!!

11] This one is just too sweet for words! [Click Here]...a Clydesdale young 'un getting help because of his 'dreams' and aspirations!!

12] And naturally, being a mother of a United States Marines...these commercials always make me stop, watch and tear up! The Few the Proud the Marines. [Click Here]

13] Just one word...."Wassup?!!" [Click Here]

38 comments :

  1. Great choice for TT!!! Have a great thursday... thanks for a lot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tired of those "Whassup" guys pretty quickly. However, the alien commercial you linked to was pretty funny. I don't remember that one. My favorite Aflac commercial is the one with Yogi Berra at the barbershop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No. 8 is a favorite of mine, too, Anni. I love the humorous ones.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list of commercials. I love the Taco Bell commercials with the Chihuahua. I wish that one was still on TV. It always made me laugh. Thanks for the comment on my TT but I'm a little stumped as to what GW means.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my favorite is the Oil of Olay woman saying, "I don't intend to age gracefully - I intend to fight it every step of the way."

    I have always used that lotion! :)

    Happy TT Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the barber shop commercial starring Yogi Berra and the Aflac Duck. I'm with you -- that duck has a lot of charm. (Thanks for visiting my TT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Where's the beef???? :) Great list idea Anni! my TT is up here:

    http://urbanzoo.suedarroch.com/

    If you have a moment stop by :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just stopped by while I was taking a break from my Con.Ed.I hope that you had a great day today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have to say, I love the Caveman commercials. So funny. But my favorite of all time has to be the "I'd like to teach the world to sing" Coca-Cola commercial.

    Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great TT...some of my all time favorite commercials are from Coke...I'D like to teach the world to sing...and MEAN Joe Green...hmmm wait was that coke or pepsi...lol.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell me about running out of ideas!

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Loved the commercials. Cool Marine one, but I really laughed at number 13. We had a young man living with us a few years back and he was always sayin..Whasssup. Drove me crazy. Maybe he was an alien.

    ReplyDelete
  13. My dad used to love a commercial where an old lady was putting on lipstick in a (airplane?) bathroom, and the ride is bumpy and she smeared it all over her face.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love commercials too and still remember several great ones from when I was a kid. Nice list! Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Haha... great choice for T13. I try not to watch commercials, tho do have a few I like.

    Alice at I Was Born2Cree8
    Or My 23rd Thursday 13

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love watching out for my favorite commercial. I love youtube because I can always go and see them.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Coming from the UK I haven't seen any of these. Mindst you, there seems to often be more effort put into commercials than some real programmes nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anni, I cant comment on your adds there different in Australia. I hardly ever watch an add I get up make a cuppa or tape my shows while im at puter so i can fast forward the adds...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. This was fun, I love all of these sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Annie,
    Thanks for the add on. What a fun concept!

    Commercials...I loved the old Dunkion Donuts commercial where he was always saying "time to make the donuts....I've made the dunuts" and finally met himself coming and going.

    This was a fun post.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Even better than the original Bud frogs was when they had the ferrets! I loved that one.

    I am very partial to the PC vs MAC commercials too. Those guys crack me up.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are great choices for commercials. The Marine ads get me to, especially when they play them at the movies. Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Great 13! My cousin was always the kid who knew all the words and tunes from every commercial. Now she is an advertising guru so I guess it all worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  24. With American commercials I can't follow you, our here are completely different. Or maybe for Coca Cola they are the same, lol !
    I came back home yesterday evening and miss the sea !
    Your blog looks very nice now, I haven't the problem I had yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I loved the Budweiser one. I forgot about it. Fun list.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Don't forget "Where's the BEEF!?" :)

    those are cool...
    or "plop plop fizz fizz"

    Cool post - and generates lots of ideas

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great Idea I have seen every one of them. The beer companies are pretty clever, do you think they come up with ideas after testing the product.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Alright, I LOVE the new look! Yellow is my favorite color! As for commercials, those are all great. And no, you are not the only one, I look forward to seeing my favorite commercials and crack up all the time at them :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Anni,

    I read your 13 earlier but was called away before I had time to comment. I love the Miller's Christmas commercial. We don't get that one here but I've watched it on your blog. Some commercials are better entertainment than the shows they put on today.

    Great 13. Have a great day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  31. How intriguing to finally find something on which we differ. I either walk out of the room and/or fast forward through commercials always. It seems like such a waste of time to me somehow … but my sister would enjoy your collection.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  32. Fun list, happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Lovely blog. The Robert Frost poem is one of my all-time favorite pieces too.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    OLYMPIC DREAMS, on THE MANE POINT

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh what memories....I am fond of the traveling gnome too! Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh those were wonderful..... brings back the good old days........... thanks for sharing....

    ReplyDelete
  36. I'm not so familiar with the other commercials but I saw the Taco bell and I too love it. I've also seen its The Making video and it's interesting to see how it was done -including how the trainers got to achieve the perfect facial expression of that chihuahua.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anonymous8/15/2008

    I love your show & tell! You did those sketches so beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great List. I loved that Clydesdale one. I have never seen that.

    ReplyDelete

.