“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes








edition #66



Haiku of the last 13 letters [N thru Z] of the alphabet.

Traditionally haiku are three-line poems, the first and last lines containing 5 syllables, and the middle line with 7 syllables.


N


Never say never
Not to spouse, child or friend
Now's the time to live


O


Oysters tummies ache
Only to produce such gems
O'er the necks we don


P


Pet kitties come near
Perhaps to show affection
Probably to scratch


Q


Quicksand is lethal
Quite like oatmeal disguised
Queer stuff it can be


R


Rain falls gently now
Regenerating the land
Roses bloom again


S


So is life we live
Sewing oats far and nearby
Storing seed of man


T


Tumblin' tumbleweeds
Thrive wherever they roam
Trippin 'cross the plains


U


Unity's at hand
United still we will stand
Unleash the voice; vote!


V


Verily expressed
Volumes can be heard by words
Venturing beliefs


W


Water I see now
Waves to the South and the East
Water's tides rush in


X


"X" the abhorrent
"X" distasteful and the like
"X" marks where you stand


Y


Yew trees; biblical
Yonder I see life's path end
Yes, He'll accept me.


Z


Zoom zoom zoom I hear
Zealous commercial Mazda
Zoning me outright



My first thirteen letters' Haiku [A thru M] Here



28 comments :

  1. Those are great, Annie! I love the water one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!! I was wondering how you were going to pull off "X!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. q and r are my favorites

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, Anni, those are great! I really loved Zoom Zoom Zoom, but there wasn't a clinker in the lot. The oysters were especially poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like P and Z. One made me laugh and the other made me think and I like doing those things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That was so creative!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni,

    These are brilliant. You are so good at this. I never had much success.

    Thanks so much for creating my new design. It's lovely and you did a terrific job.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. Talk about talent.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Boy, that's really wonderful. I honestly don't think I could do it - so I am very very impressed! Well done...

    Gosh, I do love the ladybugs

    Happy TT Anni

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great list, my 33rd TT is up at 13 Muslim Greeting Cards - I noted the paucity of Islamic Greeting Cards at my local stationery store and so as a public service to Muslims in America, I offer the following 13 Shariah-Compliant Greeting Cards...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni, I once again take my hat off to you prowness with words. I stand humbled.
    Hugs and Blessings that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It probably comes as no surprise that the "X" haiku is my personal favorite! Most eXcellent poetry, HA.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great List:) Happy TT...

    http://singleparentsunite.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what an imaginative list. I love it. Great TT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That's pretty amazing. I can't haiku at all.

    Cool 13!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think I liked the letter R , as it is about rain and roses, my favorites of all.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very kewl. I envy people who cna come up with these. Good job! Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this...very clever post.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You are so far beyond awesome my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great, Anni! Suck lovely haiku! Love your new blog design! :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Anni, hands down to you. I mean, you're so good at these cool haiku(s). Good job!

    Happy TT =)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love your haiku's, what a creative mind !
    Have a wonderful day, Anni.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Q was my favorite -- probably because I'm a Scrabble player and now what a bitch it can be to come up with ANY Q words, much less ones that have the right number of syllables and make sense in context! This TT represents a lot of talent and work. Thanks for sharing, and thanks for visiting my TT.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...you're good at those! lol I wouldn't even know where to start!! I had never even heard of Haiku until I started blogging and some of the bloggers were doing them as a weekly challenge.

    I just read your previous post as well....thanks so much for explaining how to do the comments box to show up this way. It's something I've never thought of doing but one of these days I may give it a try:-)

    Thank you again for my new header dear Anni, when I have more time I'll put it up:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. Please come by my blog, I have an award for you.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I forgot to add that I linked to your article from 13 Muslim Greeting Cards

    ReplyDelete
  27. Did you write these yourself, Anni? They're so lovely and clever!

    Stop by and visit my TT when you get a moment...if you're not too zapped by the heat and humidity. :)

    ReplyDelete

.