“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






I have Unconcious Mutterings, Sunday Snippet, and Green Thumb all on one blog entry...


Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.


She says ... and I think ...
  1. Gossipping :: Neighbors

  2. Misplaced :: Lost

  3. Spaceship :: Uh, Houston, we have a problem!

  4. Ignore :: Snub

  5. Bodily :: Harm

  6. Tweezers :: Pluck

  7. Goodnight :: Irene [song -daughter -of course!]

  8. Curls :: Tresses

  9. Faucet :: Spigot

  10. Right? :: Wrong! ['gossiping' is with one 'p']




<><><>


My Sunday Snippet is always something of a 'feel good' story from the week, or in the past. Today it's a sad beginning, but a happy ending of sorts! At least to the point where there is now a memory of family by way of a wallet photo.



A World War II Navy Vet from Arizona returns enemy's wallet that he found on Iwo Jima!! Click to view video/image above --it should open in a new window! And of course, have your speakers on.



<><><>


Join Here

For Green Thumb this week, it's all about purple again [my favorite color besides forest green!] I would so desperately love to find something blue that would survive in this temperate zone, but the only thing I've seen is Texas flower, the bluebells, and I've tried unsuccessfully on the seeding. This particular bush is called duranta [I can remember the name because I think of Jimmy Durante!] From Wikipedia it tells me there are 17 different species. Now, for me personally, I've only seen the purple variety -I'm thinking the purple makes my eyes zoom in...- But, there are yellow blossoming varieties also. It is native to South America. Used as ornamental shrubs or oftentimes seen in hedge formations.

This particular bush I planted only about a year ago, and it's growing wild. I love how the branches are kept untrimmed in our yard, and the heavy blossoms droop and sway in the breezes ---also a great attraction for butterflies!

The 3rd of the three photos, I played with the macro function on the camera...I'm still learning after all these years!!


taken on a sunny day


taken on a day with cloud cover


from the camera's macro setting

26 comments :

  1. i like your number 3 and we have the same mutterings for 6,

    do visit mine if you have time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I watched the video and then sent it to my mother and dad. Dad was in the BIG war and I thought he might enjoy it. He is having a time right now with memory. he will be 90 in August. Scaring my mother to death of course.
    Have a great Sunday..Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was a miracle! What a thoughtful wonderful loving thing to do! Amazing the depths of kindness and forgiveness in the human heart at it's best, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. being a weekend and not coming over made me wonder who i had missed until suddenly i remembered hotting-anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers. Amazing that anytjing can grow so lush in your hot climate.
    Have a good w/e
    TopVeg

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love purple too - happy GTS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your blog! I would have said almost all of the same word association responses you did! Must be our age similarities? Anyway, thanks for visiting my blog. I'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Anni, Great photo's. love the purple flowers my Daughter has the purple and a white growing as standards. over here there commonly known as "Geisha Girl"and they flower profusely she is always cutting them back...
    cheers \_/\_/

    ReplyDelete
  9. That flower is beautiful, I have not seen it before. I am still 'discovering' my macro setting, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can understand the beeline for the purple - they are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Anni ~~ Love your photos and I have the purple bush, the flowers are so pretty and it's called Geisha Girl in Victoria. It also has yellow berries later on. Thank you so much for your visit and comments. And for your friendship and love, and I love you too Anni. I hope you have shined up that mouse of yours. I spend way too much time on the computer and let other things slide. Have a great week
    ahead my friend. Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great mutterings. I like your answer for curls. Great photos, too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's sooo green, the surroundings, so the blue really stands out. That is a very pretty flower, I just love that blue color. I used to have several similar plants in my garden. Simply lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Jen and Merle: Yep, you're both correct. The scientific name IS Duranta Geisha Girl.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful pom by Bill Yate. Thanks for stopping by.

    We have 2 mutterings in common.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your #3. Nice mutterings. Enjoy your Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing how much the lighting affects the colour of those flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. the flowres are nice,and thank you for the CNN video.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cool mutterings … especially #3 because it’s so perfect for you! Looks like we agreed on #7 … and I was sorely tempted to correct the spelling of gossiping too, but refrained ;--) Love the macro shot of the bluebells!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great mutterings. We matched for #2. Thanks for stopping by my place this week. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful Photos Anni!

    Yes, neighbors do like to gossip.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The Duranta is just beautiful. I love the color when taken on a cloudy day, as it looks more blue than purple.Blue is so rare in my garden. Happy GTS,
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nice muttering. We had one match, #2. Great story in the wallet return. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. This seems to be a lot of fun and very informative at that. I would like to join this group. Have already copied your logo and have saved the links too. Would it be too late for me to put up now? We're Monday now, 9:24a.m. or should I be putting up Monday Funny? Please let me know.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice catch on the double "p" in gossiping! So far you're the only mutterer, including me, who caught it. (Thanks for visiting my UM)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I enjoy your blog more and more.

    ReplyDelete

.