my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


You've heard of Christmas in July? How 'bout Christmas in May?



Join Here


Now, for the Show N Tell for the week - - -



Y'all know I'm a kid at heart when it comes to Christmas. And tho it's May now, I wanted to show y'all these two new additions to our home decorations. We got these [I should say, "I" got these *hehehehe* just the other day when we made our monthly trip to walk around the Antique Mall here in town.] Along the one street there are several antique shops going from door to door; on Alameda...and Bud and I try to get down there to browse their 'goodies' often. This particular day there was a huge crib filled with stuffed toys. These two that I found were $3 dollars a piece. And I got them both for $5 [$2.50] a piece 'cause she was running short of dollar bills to make change, so she gave them to me two for five instead of $6. What a deal huh? They're brand new!!

So I get them home, and take them out of the bag, and I'm reading the tags...they are gingerbread scented. Of course I had to stick my nose into them...and I'll be darned!! They ARE scented with the sweet smell of molasses and ginger.



Aren't they adorable? Of course Bud thought they were cute...at least he said they were. I'm sure he could care less, secretly. LOL But, before I got ready to pack them away for December, I thought I'd share their cuteness with you. They're really soft! And the red and green velvet clothing is clean and nice. The white fur trim is sparkly!! So so sweet!!


Both still have the 'regular' price tags on them, and each has a little booklet that tells about their life and what their wishes are...."Once upon a time there was a magical place called Candyland where mountains were made of chocolate and rivers flowed with milkshakes...." "...stood a cute house made gingerbread...and in this house lived a gingerbread boy and girl."


"The gingerbread cookies loved Candyland where each day was a sweet adventure. But deep down in their hearts they dreamed of finding a real home where they'd be loved and cared for...." "One day Santa came to visit...they prepared some sweet treats for him. He was so pleased he granted them one wish...."



"....We want to be loved, and the things children love most are toys. Can you turn us into toys?" Santa granted their one wish...the gingerbread cookies were now gingerbread kids. They jumped with joy." The gingerbread girl said to Santa - "Take us with you tonight...."



"They flew away in Santa's sleigh and Santa took them to a special house where he knew they'd be loved and cared for...." "....But that is not the end of the story. It's only the beginning. -----Lots of love both ways, and they will fill your home with the sweet smell of gingerbread!!"






Why do I now have a hankering for gingerbread and whipped cream?


...~end Show n Tell
[scroll below for commenting link]


<><><>

Friday's joke:
Francis Norton woke up Sunday morning and realizing it was an exceptionally beautiful and sunny early spring day, decided he just had to play golf. So... he told the Associate Pastor that he was feeling sick and convinced him to say Mass for him that day.

As soon as the Associate Pastor left the room, Father Norton headed out of town to a golf course about forty miles away. This way he knew he wouldn't accidentally meet anyone he knew from his parish.

Setting up on the first tee, he was alone. After all, it was Sunday morning and everyone else was in church! At about this time, Saint Peter leaned over to the Lord while looking down from the heavens and exclaimed, "You're not going to let him get away with this, are you?"

The Lord sighed, and said, "No, I guess not."

Just then Father Norton hit the ball and it shot straight towards the pin, dropping just short of it, rolled up and fell into the hole. It WAS A 420 YARD HOLE IN ONE!

St. Peter was astonished. He looked at the Lord and asked, "Why did you let him do that?"

The Lord smiled and replied, "Who's he going to tell?"








31 comments :

  1. wheel you blog has been on my reader,that is how I know that you have a new posting.it does pay off,since I got to go first today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Several antique shops going from door to door??? Oh my goodness, I'd be on cloud nine! lol I so love the darling gingerbread couple you found in one of the shops...they were meant to go home with you:-) Loved the little story that came along with them. I know how much you love Christmas so I can well imagine how excited you were to find them! hehe

    LOL the Lord certainly did find the perfect punishment for Father Norton...imagine not being able to tell anyone about a 420 yard hole in one!!! Love it!

    Wow, I can't get over the tail on that squirrel and the size of the squirrel itself! You sure grow them big over there! lol I don't think anyone has invented a feeder yet that the darn squirrels can't figure out how to use!!

    Take good care of YOU! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I LOVE those little gingerbread people! I have a weeeeee tiny collection of them! (only about 6) But it's growing! I would have been excited to find them too!

    By the way... I meant to ask... did you happen to NOTICE the lemonade at my Celtic Festival the other day?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the gingerbread couple, so cute. Eddie bought me a gingerbread boy and girl for Christmas, they were scented , smelled like gingerbread.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are very cute! And what a bargain shopper you are! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anni,

    I remember when those were out in the stores, not so much by the gingerbread people, but by the story. If you found them still in the package, you got a great find. They are so cute. I know you must have been really excited to find them. Bud...not so much. LOL

    Enjoyed the joke and yes, the Lord is wise. That was a just punishment.

    Take care, my friend. Hope you have a wonderful Thursday.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I didn't have my huge collection of snowmen, I'd have a huge collection of gingerbread men! I love those for Christmas. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The gingerbread people are so cute and adorable!!!
    Ahhh, the sweet smell of molasses and ginger....
    I just posted my concert hall pics, in between business lunch and later a business dinner, it has been a busy day but those visitors are a lot of fun :)
    Have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow … methinks I’m REALLY confused now! Earlier I thought it was the 30th and sent my nephew birthday wishes only to discover I’m a day late … that it’s May 1st. And now I’m reading your post … thinking it’s THURSDAY …(and methinks it IS Thursday truly)… having posted & visited some T-13s, so I’m assuming I missed your Thursday post and you’ve shared Friday’s early … or you’re confused too.

    The Christmas stuph is cute … and the joke funny as always. Ah … and now I’ve come to the note about you taking Thursday off ;--)

    Good for YOU and I hope you’re having a great day!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like my kind of land where chocolate and milk shakes abound.
    They are great finds.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love those sweet gingerbread people! I do have a hankerin' for some now! :)

    Blessings,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute little story to go with your new treasures! I love things that are scented in all of their spicy goodness! I'll bet you can't wait to haul out all of your Christmas decorations this year so you can put these little guys out!
    Too cute!
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  13. How nice they had a nice story to go along with their cuteness. It is really special that they smell like gingerbread!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Annie, Loved your little Gingerbread pair! Don't feel bad, I found the cutest little set of taper holders, that were glass Christmas stockings, a couple of weeks ago at a yard sale! They were $2, I believe, and I couldn't have been more excited! LOL! I did the same thing you did, took a pic, posted it on my blog, and put them in storage until Christmas!

    Thanks for stopping by my Blog! Hope you will stop in again and visit! ~Rhonda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Anni...thanks for coming by for Show and Tell this week. The placecards holders are like a lucite. They must have been around the 50's or 60's. I didn't really know what they were at first either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW! You sure did get a good find! They are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  17. They are adorable! I love that you included the story for us to read. That just topped it off perfectly.
    Oh and that poor priest, no one to tell of his awesome golf game? LOL
    Have a superb weekend my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You did a very good deal, they are sooo cute ! It's a little hard for me to think of Christmas now in spring, but I am sure they will fit very well with all your Christmas ornaments !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are the sweetest little dolls and I *love* anything with gingerbread! Merry Christmas in May! :)
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs,
    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  20. Now you've made me hungry for gingerbread. I can just taste it now. The gingerbread stuffed toys all dressed up for Christmas are just too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the Gingerbread Boy and Girl!! How sweet they are!! We have a few of them too!! These are soooo cute!!
    Kelly said she would take pictures of the Christmas stuff I got for Nancy at the garage sales last weekend!! I will try to get this out on my blog next week!! I think you got a wonderful buy!! Love and Hugs Grams

    ReplyDelete
  22. Those are the cutest little dolls - the grands would love them!! How fun to have something new for Christmas already.

    I've heard that story before and just love it - who's he gonna tell??

    ReplyDelete
  23. Cute GB dolls! Great price! I have some similar, but mine don't have the books. I believe yours are dressed cuter too!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cute Raggedy Ann and Andy and cute joke! I see you are up half the night too! Have a great weekend, Anni!...Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ooooo! I love children's books! Thanks for the cute story!

    Gingerbread is good with whipping cream? I'll have to try that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable find! I love finding Christmas goodies ANYTIME of the year. Love the golf joke too - I'm going to send it to my Dad - he's 82 and still golfs 3 times a week.

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  27. They look so cute, and to be gingerbread scented, too! I would be craving gingerbread all the time!

    I am late visiting sor S&T, but mine is here -- hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your gingerbread kids? they are so
    cute, you are definitely young at
    heart for Christmas, can't wait to
    see your other decorations Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  29. You have a beautiful finds! Thank for sharing with your story!

    Ruuta

    ReplyDelete
  30. How cute! And what a deal! :D

    Stop by & see the new addition to our family: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/search/label/KITTENS

    ReplyDelete

.