my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




Join Here


....it's all about Pansies!
And my favorites are the purple ones. Go figure.
This was one of my father's favorite flowers. He was a true gardener. More or less a horticulturalist in a loose sense. He always tried planting something new and different each year just to test his skills I think. But every year, he'd plant rows and rows of pansies. All colors. And, like father like daughter, I find myself always grabbing a couple of 6-packs at the nursery each Spring to honor his love for the flower. [by the way, his all time favorite was the Yellow Rose!!] These photos will enlarge - move cursor over the images!








~...end Green Thumb Sunday
[scroll beyond the Muttering section below for commenting]


<><><>


I surprised Mary with a layout set for her blog and she in turn made me this sweet little gift! I love it! Mary, it's adorable. And I love having you as a friend!! You've been placed in a very special place in my heart! Thank you!!!







<><><>





A good online friend sent this to me [Yep, Melli, you were right when you told A.S. ---this is definitely blog material for me!], and since I like to have a laugh or two, and have something 'of a fun nature' for a Sunday Snippet, I wanted to share this one:
    A guy goes to the supermarket and notices an attractive woman waving at him.
    She says hello.
    He's rather taken aback because he can't place where he knows her from.
    So he says, 'Do you know me?'
    To which she replies, 'I think you're the father of one of my kids.'
    Now his mind travels back to the only time he has ever been unfaithful to his wife and says, 'Are you the stripper from the bachelor party that I made love to on the pool table with all my buddies watching while your partner whipped my butt with wet celery?'
    She looks into his eyes and says calmly, "No, I'm your son's teacher."


<><><>


Join here.

She says ... and I think ...

1. Concentration :: CAMP
2. Relocated :: Texas! [I got here as quickly as I could!]
3. Clot :: Blood
4. Joints :: Beer [as in Beer Joints; bars]
5. Satellite :: Dish
6. Money back :: Guarantee
7. Kittens :: Fluffy..playful..sweet
8. Shady :: Pines [nursing home on Golden Girls -TV]
9. Drain :: Clogged!
10. Stroke:: Caress



32 comments :

  1. LOL I heard that joke awhile back and it still cracks me up!! LOL
    Happy Sunday!
    God bless.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a little pansy garden as a very young child - my grandfather would give me 3 plants of my choice and I weeded, watered, and picked pansy bouquets for many a neighbor and relative. I always had a light purple, a magenta and a yellow plant.
    Thanks for the memories.

    Happy GTS.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Certain flowers for me remind me of my grandmothers or other people in my life also. Funny how that is but i think it is because we love flowers and then associate them with someone we also loved!!
    hope your Sunday is going great.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great mutterings this week. I never thought of beer joints..that one is good. Have a great Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. malisa5/18/2008

    My pots with pansies in them are on their last leg. I was going to replant them this weekend or next. Yesterday, my husband was out taking pictures of them and today, you're touting pansies.

    Now I'm thinking...next weekend. Or the next.

    ReplyDelete
  6. malisa5/18/2008

    And thanks for stopping by my blog.

    I'd love a zucchini brownie recipe if you've got one to share.

    One of the gals I work with occasionally brings the best organic, no oil added, etc. etc. brownies. I keep meaning to ask her for hers (apple sauce, no zucchini). I think I'll email her right now too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Concentrated : Camp .... still trying to see where you were going with that one??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Or even - Concetration :: CAMP

    Still causing ???

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your response to relocated!
    (and thanks for the pansy photos)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The few pansies I have are ready to go into the garbage. They are late winter plants here, and usually don't last past May 1. Happy GTS,
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anni,

    I too love purple pansies and my father was also a great gardener. He could grow red roses, which were his favorite, that took #1 at the fall fair each year.

    I'm glad you enjoyed the little button that I made for you to thank you for the beautiful layout. I love it and you also have a special place in my heart, dear friend. We are two peas in a pod. LOL

    Loved your joke and your unconscious mutterings. I may try that one of these weeks. It looks like fun.

    Have a terrific Sunday. It's raining here so will be staying in.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Sunday!
    We sort of had plumbing on our minds also. LOL
    I think you would like my response to stroke though.

    Pansies -- I love pansies!
    They have such happy little faces.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We have been planting pansies. too. They are great stalwarts - going on and on!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful pansies! Thank you for sharing them.

    Great muterings.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    I like the layout of yours, by the way.
    I'm also in love with pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great post:). I love your pansies and gave the link to one of my brats who loves them, too.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Unfortunately ignoring Pansies doesn't work as well as with the kids. The Pansies my wife bought the other day are showing great signs of distress.

    Thanks for visiting and keep ignoring your son. I could use a good Doctor :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good mutterings this week. ^_^ Thanks for visiting my place.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Pansies and ferns...I can do that! It's a nice combination. How long do they last in the Texas sun?

    ReplyDelete
  20. I just love pansies in the garden. Thanks for stopping by The Gardener Side for GTS.
    Enjoy the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love the joke, and the purple pansies.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great answers. Thanks very much for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, Pansies yes, they are so wonderful. Grateful flowers to plant.

    I once found some hybrids between pansies and some kind of violets, which were blooming from early spring and to the autumn. Absolutely fantastic. That is not so common here in Sweden otherwise with our cold climate.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am partial to pansies also. I like the little faces on them

    ReplyDelete
  25. great posting,here is my take on the 10 things posting.
    1.concentration::Game show

    2.Relocated:: back home to Cleveland Ohio.
    3.same thing
    4.joints:: something that I smoked in the 70's
    5.Satellite::A Plumouth automobile
    6.Same thing.
    7.Same thing
    8.Shady::Character.
    9.Drain::hole
    10.Stroke::a minor one called a TIA that I had.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love that colour of pansy, and have some of the same in pot beside my driveway. Its a lovely colour, especially against a contrasting colour! Happy GTS!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love the little pansies! Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Nice vibrant photos of the pansies! Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  29. We have two that match. Not bad, really. My mind was going way out there! Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thanks for dropping by this week! YOu have some great mutterings. I had planned to use Concentration Camp then there was the game Concentration which I went with. Should have went ahead with CAMP so we'd get a match :P

    Thanks for dropping in. For some reason when you comment on my blog it doesn't list your name to click that would take me to your home page. Gonna try to figure out how to fix that, it may just be the ' you use in it.

    Hope to see ya drop in soon, (theres always plenty of other posts to read beside my mutterings ;P)

    Brad

    ReplyDelete
  31. I am ashamed that I did not think of Shady Pines... Having watched the show growing up and still watch today I could at least have thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  32. thanks for dropping by my blog. and happy birthday to your son.

    ReplyDelete

.