“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes









edition #57


Gross? I hafta figure out 13 subjects for the word gross? Oh me oh my. I know right now that 30 years ago, even 30
days ago, I wouldn't have dreamed of working on my blog with this particular subject. After doing some research and figuring out how I could do this without actually getting everyone grossed out on anything that is actually gross...I found this little ditty. And no, I didn't realize that anything or anyONE would name their town GROSS. But Gross it is, located in a state in the northwest section of our country. [U S A]. *actual town!* This is all a play on the word 'gross' being disgusting, crass, rude, uncouth, etc. etc.

NOTE: Now that Thursday has come and gone - I've made the newspaper items much smaller, hoping they'll not take so long to load. Click to enlarge.


Click Here





So, I'm going to use my imagination. Since it seems to be a real podunk of a town what else could I do? And my imagination takes me through the classified section of the town's local newspaper --The GROSS RAG
[fictional of course] If you read each by-line for each individual subject covered in the 'ad' or 'news' ---it'll tell you about the little town of GROSS! [all in fun of course, I'm sure that Gross, Idaho is an all American country town....] *also --there are added bits in the alt coding, so run your cursor over the individual papers!*



1] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: The Doll Maker




2] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Used Auto Parts Dealer





3] NEWS FOUND: Library Opens





4] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Beauty Salon




5] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Gross-eries Galore!




6] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Pest Exterminator




7] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Pet Sanctuary





8] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Microbrewery




9] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Take Out




10] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Bait & Tackle




11] NEWS FOUND: Gross Town Council Meeting




12] NEWS FOUND: Inside Baseball




13] ADVERTISEMENT FOUND: Inflation Double Talk





47 comments :

  1. I LOVE your lists Anni, they are always so creative, and fun to read! Happy TT :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I was engrossed in those headlines :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh now, I like that! Very funny TT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This post takes the cake!

    God bless, and thanks for the laughs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are right, it is grossly funny - but I start coughing when I laugh.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. You crack me up!! The things that come out of Idaho. . . hilarious. I can say this as I grew up there ;) Not in Gross though :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. How clever! Loved it. Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very very well done! I like how you made this theme your own.

    I'm rebelling against the theme -not doing them.

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  9. :: round of applause :: :)

    I have three TTs this week:

    http://www.ravensrides.com (scroll back a bit)
    what to do when your battery explodes

    http://www.ravensroads.com
    13 favorite pics from April-- pick one!

    http://www.markeroni.com/blog/
    13 favorite historic landmarks in April

    ReplyDelete
  10. You had a lot of fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. VERY clever take on the prompt, Anni. And an awesome new look since I was here last, too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was really unique! Great! happy T13!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Pretty Gross here, aren't you Anni?

    That word wasn't a word to toss around back when I was young, I first heard it from students or my grandkids.

    I would like to make a GROSSeries order (that was my favorite), please send me some Blue Bell Light Homemade Vanilla when it is on sale, two half gallons for six dollars. Thank you.
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very creative!!! And very funny! Enjoy your TT!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. very original, lol !

    I am busy to pack my suitcase tomorrow morning I leave for a one week roundtrip to Greece. But thanks to the new scheduled posts I can at least post regular things.

    BTW you are well listed in my Google Reader !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your blog name and your TT list sure were true to form...a true Hoot.

    ReplyDelete
  17. oh that is just sad even if it is funny

    ReplyDelete
  18. #11 is particularly gross. Very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  19. You did a wonderful "gross" list!! haven't done a TT in a long time, somehow I am not in the mood for lists...only shopping ones, lol
    Happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. You are witty, and so creative my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a creative post...this Thursday morning...I came to thank you for your visits. Thanks.

    I made it this morning to look at your post and then I am off for a lung test.

    I hope to be finished with all tests and back to normal by the 12th or soon thereafter.

    Your post is really nice, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yours is the coollest entry I've seen yet for a gross TT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good job! That's was fun. Thanks for the laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great List! I love the exterminating gross wives, extra! Stop by and visit my gross.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great list. Soo... funny. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a clever twist on the theme! Entertaining, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. You are so creative and I love it!!! Happy TT :) Thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What hard work you put through for this TT list!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow! Very funny and very creative. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  30. What a great gross list. I missed the memo again this week. I usually do my TT's in advance so I probably wont be playing along with the themes anytime soon:) Happy TT and thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Funny TT, very creative. Happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  32. Very clever!! I had fun reading and mousing over - thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Very clever and creative! I liked your take on the gross theme! :D

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great TT. I wasn't so clever, but I'm glad to see you weren't gross

    ReplyDelete
  35. This had me laughing out loud at my computer! Too funny, and I can't believe there is actually a town named Gross!! Crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  36. What an interesting idea. You are too creative for me! I enjoyed all the newspaper clippings and mouse overs.

    My TT is finally up!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Anni,

    Love your list. Great job, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  38. Great TT!

    My car is utterly gross right now, I'd fit right in.

    ReplyDelete
  39. LOL. Love your new tiger theme.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I enjoyed your approach to this week’s ‘theme’ .. most imaginative and fun! LOL

    My’s up … ‘off topic’ and a bit later than usual because it took a while to pull together. It’s been a while since my ‘happily retired’ self has thought much about such things ;--)

    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  41. Anni, a very clever take on the "gross" theme. I didn't even Do Gross on my TT13 post... :D

    ReplyDelete
  42. Darn it, I was getting ready to get all grossed out! hehe Imagine that, a town named GROSS...I can imagine how the residents get second looks when they say they live in GROSS! lol Those sure are interesting newspaper articles you found about the town!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've really enjoyed all the different ways that people that done the theme this week! Thanks, this was fun!

    ReplyDelete

.