my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




The one yesterday about the biting of the nails....that was a joke. Most took it that I Bite My Nails...nope, nope! LOL


- - -

Heads or Tails and 10 on Tuesday follows in a bit...I wanted to show this first --




Monday morning I put the last touches on my watercolor painting of the brown pelican and signed it and added my thumbprint! It's now ready to frame. I went and bought the matting - a rich turquoise -like dark Caribbean Sea. The frame is going to be 3-d Old Barnwood [gray] -so it looks nautical! That will come at a later time. When I get the notion to get it framed. It'll probably hang in our Dining room somewhere where there is fish netting and shells and witch's balls [ship's colors] and my dolphins, and ship's helm. My watercolor work is now ready to begin a 3rd one. My sister loves eagles so I may do an eagle next. Who knows. If I remember I'll post it when the frame is done. Or maybe you've seen enough already?

<><><>





TAILS - Share a special memory


Wow, I would have so many to chose from that I just can't do this without committing myself to list them all. EACH memory has their own "specialty-ness" about them. I wouldn't be able to justify any ONE memory to list.

But, this in a way, is something recent. Eerie but kinda special in now that it's hooked in my memory, I can't seem to go to the bathroom without having the feeling of being watched! It's like there is now a hidden 'peep hole' that is invading my privacy. And I wish, oh how I wish that my imagination did NOT find this. My memory is this:
    Picture this, I'm sitting on my throne --er, ummmm, the toidie - the seat; doing my business. Book in hand, have a quiet moment before Bud is up and about. The light is on, the room is quiet. The door is closed. This small area is separated from the lavatory section of the bathroom. The decor is black and gold and gold tiles on the floor. [I see dust on the floor! Time to scrub it!!] Where was I? Oh yes, quiet, no one else is up and about. For some reason I happened to glance at the wallpaper. It's kinda new [just within the last few months], and so far, I've not tired of looking at it. It's pretty. It's textured, it's metallic! The gold glistens in the light. But wait....I typed I have a feeling now when I go back in there, that I'm being watched? Well, here's my most recent memory -------









[and honestly, if you click on it to enlarge it, you can even 'spot' two friggin' EYEballs in the sockets!!! I guess if I hear no voices, I'll be okay. lol]


- - -

"They're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!
They're coming to take me away, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaa
To the funny farm. Where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be
happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats
and they're coming to take me away, ha-haaa!!!!!"

~Napoleon XIV Lyrics
circa: 1966



~...end Heads or Tails

[scroll below for comment link]


<><><>



I haven't done this for quite some time, and I enjoyed the category this week. So here goes my TEN for Tuesday:
    10 Superstitions, Traditions, and/or Personality Quirks [quirk as in attitude]


1] Tradition- has us opening Christmas gifts on Christmas day!
2] Tradition- we don't celebrate birthdays much...not at our age.
3] I don't think I have any superstitions that I know of off hand.
4] Quirk- I love to play practical jokes. And I don't mind them in reverse either!
5] Quirk- I oftentimes wonder about editors...they sometimes don't know the difference between YOU'RE, YOUR, and YORE.
6] Quirk- I find myself shaking my head in disbelief that a cashier can't make correct change without a cash-register telling them. It just 'bloggles' my mind!!
7] Tradition- Bud walks on the 'outside' of the sidewalk to protect me AND he has always slept on the side of the bed closest to the door [again for my protection - or so he says]. I feel privileged and loved!!
8] Tradition & Quirk- in the summer months I shut the waterbed heater OFF! [ya, it's cold, but ohhhh so nice in the 100 nighttime temps.
9] Quirk- I shake my head at the lack of respect in the younger generations; even unto themselves!
10] Quirk- is I love to do Blogthings Quizzes!! [tho I rarely post 'em!]

~...end 10 on Tuesday
[scroll below joke #2 for the week --for comment link]


<><><>

For another joke:

Did you hear about the two little kids in a hospital who were lying next to each other? The first kid leans over and asked, "What are you in here for?"
The second kid said," I'm in here to get my tonsils out and I'm a little nervous."
The first kid said," You've got nothing to worry about, I had that done to me once. They put you to sleep and when you wake up they give you lots of Jell-O and ice cream. It's a piece of cake!"
The second kid then asked, "What are you in here for?"
The first kid responded, "Well, I'm here for a circumcision."
The second kid said, "Whoa! I had that done when I was born. I couldn't walk for a year!"

41 comments :

  1. Yay! I'm first to comment! First of all, I LOVE the new look! Okay and I just died laughing at your "being watched" in the bathroom story. You're a riot!! I can totally see the face though. Oh and then the painting you did? You are full of some amazing talent! It's beautiful!!!

    Oh and thanks for the HILARIOUS joke! LOVED IT!! Gonna have to tell all I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally see the face in your wall paper...that's kinda freaky eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been on my google reader for some time now!! No problem. I loved the joke about the two little boys..AND OH the face in the wall paper..I bet no one else could have seen that ever...JUST YOU!!

    smile.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i do see a face, too ... now that's kind of eerie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni,

    Your pelican is awesome! I'm so glad you finished it and with that frame you described it will look beautiful. Please remember to show us when it's framed.

    Loved the face in the wallpaper. I do that too. LOL You are so much fun.

    Your traditions, superstitions and quirks were interesting. I'm not superstitious but do have some quirks and traditions. Dwight also walks on the outside and sleeps nearest to the door. Meeko sleeps even closer to the door, so Dwight can't say he's protecting me.

    Take care and have a wonderful Tuesday, my friend.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pelican is awesome my friend. Thanks for making me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The picture turned out great and the frame will do it such justice.
    I like the thumbprint signature.

    So you are being watched. LOL That is too funny. I like the wallpaper though.

    The joke was funny.
    Hope you can stop on by my "memory" post (content: entertainment, suspense/drama/mystery and a touch of sadness).

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a beautiful painting! Great job!

    I love that you see a face in your wallpaper, even if it does make you feel a bit icky. I usually see human forms (bodies) in wall patterns/textures. Fortunately, I don't usually see eyes staring out at me. Ugh.

    Love the joke about the kids in hospital. *giggle*

    -smarmoofus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Big Brother is watching you, LOL...
    Loved the joke, it's cute! And the painting is great!
    Happy Tuesday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loved your painting..you have an awesome gift that I so envy...

    Loved the song, havnt heard it for years and now Im sitting here humming it..lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hear you about the face on the wall paper! When I lived with my parents I hated taking baths as the cabinet in the bathroom had (still does) a face in it too. My parents are now re-doing their bathroom and will be getting different cabinets. I told my Mom good.. at least the guy won't be staring at you anymore and she even agreed!

    Thanks for stopping by my Head & Tails and I hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so saw the face before you pointed it out, but I have a tendency to do that too.
    Great watercolor, love it. That is the one style of painting I never really got the hang of, much to the chagrin of my high school art teacher, a master watercolor painter.
    Happy HorT Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  13. new look... ;P

    i can't stare longer at the photo you posted... it's kind'a creepy eh?

    Happy HoT dear HoTtie!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. ooh how strange. I can see the face now that you pointed it out. How horrible! I would cover it with a picture lol!

    Thanks for stopping by my place. I'll see you next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, that's kind of freaky! Great painting by the way! Thank you for stopping by my first Heads or Tails!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehehe that was a great bathroom story Anni! I always enjoy reading your posts :) Thanks so much for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your Brown Pelican is beautiful and signing it with your thumbprint … as perfect as the ‘matting’ and frame you selected! Most impressive accomplishment … thanks for sharing.

    I did HoT and ToT too this morning … both had fun topics … but I used HoT as a way to ‘revisit’ some of my earliest blog posts and remind myself just why I entered the Blogosphere in the first place. YOUR memory is ‘eerie’ indeed … though it’s something I’m sure we’ve all thought about given the increasing prevalence of cameras everywhere and ‘stories’ of such invasions of privacy shared on the news. It’s a bit disconcerting to have such a feeling in your own home however.

    I enjoyed your quirks … as for #5 … I wonder about those who don’t know the difference between their, there, and they’re too. I confess to enjoying the occasional Blogthing and Quiz … and have been known to post them from time to time … just because ;--)

    Loved the joke! Thanks for the chuckles … and FYI, your blog's been working in MY 'reader' for a while now. I thought I'd mentioned when that 'shift' occurred ... but perhaps I only imagined I did so.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a beautiful watercolor - you multi-talented woman you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love doing the blogthing quizzes too!

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anni. I could see the face, you have quite an imagination. The joke at the end made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hm...I didn't see it, but I believe you did. **patting on the shoulder** :)
    Cute hospital joke. I needed a giggle.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice painting!! Really nice! About the wallpaper - he's there - I'd pull that stuff down, fill the eyeholes and paint it all white. Or hospital green. LOL Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  23. OK, I see the face... creeps me out a little. The joke is hilarious! I totally get the cashier thing... hardly anyone can count change these days.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I came over to tell you I have my header up and it looks Fab!!!!
    Thanks agaain!
    Oh! You did a great job o that paiting, it is beautiful!
    I hear on some time some wall paper can make you see different shapes. That is spooky! In a funny way! Maybe put a picture to cover it. LOL! Love your new bath room! Beautiful!
    And on your 10, I 100% agree on 6 & 9!!!!
    Hope you have a wonderfulday.
    I have been meaning to ask, but had been busy with my mom. But since things have settle down I have more time. So, to my question.... May I add you to my blog roll?
    I try to ask before I add.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Loved your #7....Mr. Wonderful does the same thing for me. Loved your painting. You are quite talented.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Your Brown Pelican is beautiful! You did a wonderful job!
    I could almost see all the stuff you could!! The forehead and eyes for sure! At one house I lived in you could see a face in the wood in one of the doors and it was a lttle freaky!! Love and hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  27. Yessss I was finally able to add you to my bloglines! lol Before it use to say no such RSS feed. I don't know what you did but this time it found it:-)

    Oh Anni, your pelican painting is just gorgeous!! What talent you have my friend! I can't even draw a stick figure so I've always admired people who can draw and paint:-)

    LOL I can certainly see why you always feel like you're being watched when you're on the loo! hehe Geez, that sure looks like a face!!! Ahem....you do realize that now I'll have that song in my mind the rest of the day...ha-haaaa, ho-ho, hee-hee, ha-haaaa....

    ROFL at the joke...now that is too cute!!!! lol xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hey...yes i am excited to meet Marion Pullen from Wales England. She goes under Reflections through the Seasons. She is a very lovely woman that I have always wanted to meet but never thought I would. She is coming to meet yet another blogger and this blogger knows me..funny how small our BIG world is...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Anni,
    I like your new foremat. I love yourpaiting of the pleican and the matting is a great match. Have a great evening.

    Love and Hugs,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  30. That's a cool pelican, enjoyed your bathroom story and 10 on Tuesday...and I so remember They're Coming To Take Me Away Ha Ha!
    I heard you laugh
    you know you laughed
    you laughed you laughed and then you left and now I'm utterly out of my mind

    ROFL

    I think I can remember more of it but I'd probably have to google it

    ReplyDelete
  31. I was reading and forgot to breathe. LOL!

    After having a bad evening here you made me come loose from it and smile.

    Thanks!

    My "tails" are here:

    http://www.laaneworld.com/2008/04/heads-or-tails-memory.html

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  32. i saw the face!

    got afraid in here its already past 12 mid and im alone. hahah...

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love the tiger. That is scary wallpaper. Your pelican looks wonderful I am envious of your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Well Anni... I LOVE the new watercolor - verrrrry nice! VERY! And the plan for it's frame sounds really nice too!

    Now the wallpaper... ??? That's a whole nuther story! I'm singin' along with ya!
    They're coming to take you away haha! They're coming to take you away hoho... ROFL!!!

    I had another LOOOOOONG post today. But you missed it! :p

    ReplyDelete
  35. wow, fantastic painting, you're really good! thanks for the birthday wishes for yesterday :) don't worry, i see strange things in pictures all the time, those eyes would creep me out too!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ha, ha, Anni, I see why you feel you are being watched when you go to the bathroom. I can see the eyes clearly. I loved the painting you did. Good job, very pretty. I didn't realize you like to paint. I do, too, but I haven't none much of it in a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Oh that wallpaper face to too frickin weird!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I totally agree with you on number 6 - I can't believe that cashiers can't do simple basic maths.

    I love number 7. We've just adopted two new dogs. ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a wonderful blog you have! I had to wait a week after you visited my blog before I could comment on yours (computer down). But it was worth the wait. You have an excellent blog!

    ReplyDelete

.