my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





edition #56



LETTER PERFECT THURSDAY 13 --





1] Aisle ewes the spelling chequer.
2] That cam with my pea sea.
3] I'll sleigh o'er a key bored of witch it'll not bee suede.
4] Then eye weight four it two say weather I've aired oar weather I'm write.
5] It shows strait aweigh as soon as a mist ache is maid.
6] It plainly marques, four a revue, miss steaks not every won cease.
7] It nose way bee fore two long.
8] Eye kin e race the air and make it rite.
9] The chequer, its rare lea ever wrong!
10] Eye have come pleat lee run thee threw.
11] Aye am shore your vary pleased two no...
12] Its letter perfect awl the weigh.
13] My chequer tolled me sew!


~...end Thursday Thirteen
[scroll below for commenting]



<><><>


If you were here yesterday, you'd have noticed my *hint* "Windy City"---





    Chicago the Musical: National Tour
    Murder, greed, corruption, violence, exploitation, adultery and treachery – the cornerstones of the sultry and alluring Broadway musical hit 'Chicago.' 'Chicago' is the story of seductive nightclub dancer Roxie Hart who finds that the road to fame can be a trail of blood. Throw in a cunning lawyer and a bit of razzle dazzle and Roxie goes from cold hearted killer to the toast of the town. Winner of six Tony Awards, 'Chicago' was originally directed and choreographed by Bob Fosse, with music by John Kander and lyrics by Fred Ebb. Featured songs include 'All That Jazz,' 'Me and My Baby,' 'Razzle Dazzle,' 'Class,' 'Mr. Cellophane,' 'When You're Good to Mama' and 'Funny Honey.'



I loved the movie musical with Cahterine Zeta-Jones as Velma Kelly -saw it three times in the theater. I've watched a lot from DVD since its release a few years back. And it [the Broadway Tour] was in Corpus Christi Tuesday night only. I got tickets for us to go see it. I and Bud'll were there at opening scene.........

The Musical Tour - Chicago - In Corpus


....and we were ready to enjoy it all!!!


Now to be honest, I've always had a secret desire to be in NYC and go to a Broadway Show. I'd dearly love to be able to see "Wicked" [since it was and still is a favorite book of mine!] Maybe someday it'll be on tour too. And I'll still be around to go to that one here at the auditorium. But for now, I settled for a Broadway play that has been on tour for some years now and came to our city for just the one night.



And of course, I'll be keeping this program as a memento of the night 'on Broadway'! As will I save the tickets to the event. I don't know why I do this, I have a drawer filled with things like this and it's just taking up space. I guess the kids will have to deal with it when I'm gone. Hehehehehe. Such is life.




Anyway....



After we were seated and the lights dimmed, the announcer told us under any circumstances there is to be no cell phones on. And that cameras and photography is strictly prohibited!! So I sulked. Of course I already knew that about the camera because of using the online site to find a good seat in the theater.... [and I used logic regarding the phone and had it on vibrate way before the curtain was raised! DUH!!] Okay, so there we are, sitting and enjoying the night. Really enjoying it. Bud and I both love this story. He likes the character Roxie and I like Velma. Who'da thunk? After the first act was done...we went outside for a breather during the intermission. The night was lovely...a beautiful wonderful sea breeze blowing in off the coast [the theater is on the shore!]. But I was scheming.

Upon entry of any event these days, you're inspected from top to bottom. I smuggled in a camera. But, how could I take a photo without getting caught. Okay the intermission was over, and re-entry. As we sat down, I reached in my purse which I normally never carry --but the camera was hidden. I reached in, and in the dark crevices I fumbled to turn it on and then set the flash to "no flash". Hey, it was worth a try, right? I dragged it out of my bag and had my hand covering the viewer...and snapped away. Only to have Bud, in disgust, whisper to have me put it away before we were kicked out. LOL I got a couple of shots...tho they're not GOOD because of the no flash setting...


Oh ya....and during the intermission while Bud was at the bar getting himself a 'cool one'---I was at the 'souvenir' counter. I hadda have a tank top!!! Sparkles and all. rofl

....Give 'em the ol' Razzle Dazzle, razzle dazzle 'em!!! Splendiferous.




<><><>



Lisa tagged me the other day, and I've done this before but it's way too fun to pass it up again. Here goes:


Meme rules:

1. Pick up the nearest book of 125 pages or more. (No cheating!)
2. State the title and author of the Book
3. Find page 25
4. Find the first 5 sentences and enter them.
5. Find page 100 and enter the first, second and fifth word on the page.
6. Post this meme to your blog.
7. Tag 5 people [I don't do tagging other than 'being' tagged!]

Finding a book is just behind my back. I didn't even have to move the chair 'ner nothin'!! I reached to the left and on the book shelf is: VALMIK THAPAR's "TIGER, PORTRAIT OF A PREDATOR". Hmmmmmmmmmmm, you wonder why that's so close to me? Not that tigers are my favorite cat. :::shaking my head::: Nah, not on your life!!! [Not...they ARE my favorites!]

Okay...now I must find page 25 and type the first five sentences. I hope secretly they're short sentences. Hehehehehe....
    [...talking about "Ranthambhore enclosure in India" and it begins on the page as an incomplete sentence from the previous page.] So the first five complete sentences are - "Here the water supply is constant & the temperatures cool even during the hottest months.[1] Every now and again one stumbles upon massive rock formations, step scarps, perennial lakes and streams. The forest also suddenly opens up into large areas of wild grass savanna.[2] For an area of less than 400 squre kilometres Ranthambhore has a remarkably rich & diverse flora and fauna.[3] The species lists for the area include nearly 300 tree, 50 aquatic plants & more than 100 species of herbs, grasses, climbers and seasonal plants.[4] The bird list for the National Park contains 272 species; the mammal list has 22.[5]


Page 100 is nothing but a 'centerfold' of a photo. But the caption for the photo is beside it so the words needed are:
    "Four" "Adult" and "Graze".



<><><>


One more thing, then I'll let you go back to your blog hopping.
My last Pay it Forward recipient received her gift package in the mail! And she posted about what she got from me!! Glad you liked it all Jo.

All I know is that that was one very fun thing to do. So much so, I just may do it again sometime really soon.

42 comments :

  1. These are very funny. I wrote an entire book spelling "genital" - corrected to: "gentile". So I feel your pain! Have a great time at Chicago - the vulture says it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These things happen! It's funny what the brain picks all by itself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list, but these sure can drive you crazy eh! Happy TT and have a great rest of the week Anni :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm easily amused. I'll sit and argue with Word's dictionary over the dumbest things sometimes. Duh grandma chequer taint mulch batter.

    Happy TT, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, man! An English teacher's nightmare - that 13! Mine's up, too.

    I'd love to see Wicked! I've always wanted to go to NYC and see a show, too, but I'll have to settle for the ones we have here. Last one was Hello Dolly. I bet Chicago was good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very phunnie T-13 ;--)

    I stopped by to letcha know I finally did the Photobucket Meme you got from Melli for my T-13 post ... and posted it early just because. And now ... I'm turning off the computer for the night so Molly gets some 'lap time' before I crash for the night!

    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anni,

    Can I sign up for your next Pay it Forward now? LOL Just joking and yes, it was a lot of fun. Only one of my recipients have their Pay it Forward so far. I have another ready to mail, but the last has me stumped. She is very tight-lipped about the things she likes. But I know that I will see something and just KNOW it is for her.

    I loved your Thursday Thirteen. What a wonderful poem. You did great.

    Take care, my friend. Enjoy your beautiful weather.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think the old 'go look it up in the dictionary' is a crock.

    You gotta know how to spel it to lok it up!

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo

    ReplyDelete
  9. TT was hilarious. One of the many reasons that teachers hate the spell check function on computers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't understand ANYTHING of your TT, lol !
    I saw "Chicago" in London where it plays since 20 years I guess. It was absolutely great !! I always take pictures of shows and nobody realizes it because I don't use the flash and people sitting behind me don't bother about a light little screen. So far I have never been catched, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to read your tt out loud to make any sense, lol!!
    Chicago is my kind of town :) I have only seen the movie, would love to see the musical!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I enjoyed your blog! Thanks for stopping by mine. Happy Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. eye thenk u r vary smirt

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for visiting my TT. Your's is hilarious! Hope you don't mind, but I shared it with the entire English dept at my schhol.

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  15. Anni,

    Just happen to drop over to see what others and commented and noticed your new header. I loved your lady, but this is beautiful as well. Tigers are awesome!

    Have a wonderful day.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hehe. Very funny. That was fun. ;-)

    Thanks for visiting and commenting!
    Yes, I'm almost done. Thursdays are my "off day" just like my husband. I give myself Thursday and Sunday "off". It's always very nice....I even "let" myself "sleep in" until 7 am! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved the TT list. Mine is up.
    I really like the new look, and I am jealous I'd love to see Chicago. I am going to Spamalot on Mother's Day. Wicked is also on my list of shows I want to see....I think it will be easier once our kdis are grown to do that more often.

    ReplyDelete
  18. excellent tt! cute

    she
    http://www.shebecameabutterfly.net

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice list. I've learned for those that you just have to read it aloud in order to figure it out. If you read by the spelling of the word - you're toast.

    Thanks for visiting my TT!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Very funny list!

    I just found your blog and thought I would pop in and say Howdy!

    Oh yea, I'm a Texas gal too!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That was a great list. I have been victim to "the chequer" many times. But I find when I don't have it I make lots of little stupid mistakes. I guess it made me lazy.

    Thanks for visiting my Homage to Earth Day

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW love your new look! :)

    Hmm letter perfect...thanks goodness for White Out! Hey I "luv" your idea hehe.

    Sound like you had fun seeing "Chicago"! It good one!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Have a good day :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Grate list :) The spell checker can be a very fickle friend.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Now Anni, you really have to have a creative mind to come up with that take on Thursday Thirteen, lol. It was fun reading it.

    I have been to NYC and saw the broadway play "Wicked". We were there in 2006 (I think). Anyway we were there when the baseball player's plane crashed into a building.

    You asked me about the card game, jungle gin. I'm sorry, Anni, but I forgot that a lot of people would not be familiar with that game. I have never played gin rummy, but I understand jungle gin is played the same way. Jungle gin is just the name the internet site "Pogo" gave the game. I used to play it on that site a lot before I discovered blogging. Now you know the rest of the story, tee hee.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Forgot to tell you I love your new header.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh you were so right about making it through that. It made my brain hurt!

    Thanks for stopping by my 13!

    ReplyDelete
  27. LOL! Amusing TT! This is why articial intelligence can't run the world.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very amusing TT list. My son is dyslexic, I feel the pain!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your really picked my brain on this weeks TT! That was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The "13" was great...heehee...and letter perfect "awl the weigh"! Too funny! Loved the "prize poem" below, too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. I loved your list, i need a guide to be able to read a text message....

    I saw Wicked in Los Angeles it was great.....I took my daughter and granddaughter we got dressed up and we had the best time....

    ReplyDelete
  32. I just love your new look!! You know Tigers are Nancy's favorite thing!! She has pictures of them up in her room!! When a show comes on TV that has Tigers she gets so excited!!
    She is doing better with her lungs!! This makes me so happy!! Love and Hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love the spell chequer and understood it just fine! :) Did you really post at 1:39 in the a.m.? I thought I was the only one up that late, loll

    ReplyDelete
  34. I am never bored when I visit your blog sweetie, thanks for being you.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your TT this week is simply beyond my childish knowledge if the english language.

    But I've beento the windy city for a couple of times.

    Have splendid weekend to come.

    ---------------

    Been away for a while.
    I have no excuses but what here written:
    http://toraa.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  36. That was fun, once I caught on!
    Thanks for stopping by to visit!
    God bless,
    Brenda :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. these spell checked pieces are cute and always worth a giggle. i posted one once myself. I hate when my autocorrect function changes a perfectly spelled and intended word into another word but i am such an atrocious speller that I need its help for the most part. i was pleased when i learned how to take a specific 'correction' out of the autocorrect programs list though and also add the ones i know to be my common typos.

    i also hate it that i have to 'teach' my spell-check several new words per week but that is still a minor irritant.

    but maybe because i was already in my forties when spell checking by computer became readily available, i never learned to depend on spell check. it is a helpful assist but not the final word. a writer is still responsible for that eyes on word by word thrice over.

    with a caveat: blogging and leaving comments. i had to let go of my obsessive perfectionism when i started blogging. i do proof my posts carefully and my comments cursorily but i would cut productivity by 90% or more if i insisted on perfection in this realm. my high school typing teacher would have conniptions. esp with my habit of eschewing the shift key when my hands tire which is after less then 15 min of typing these days. sigh.

    i'm sure i've rambled on long enough. thanx for visiting my Earth Day Green Choices TT.

    ReplyDelete
  38. funny, funny TT! i'm going to have to show it to my daughter!

    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Funny! :-) I hate it when I spell a word wright- but ooze it on the wrong place! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. One of my favorite poems - Wm Blake
    I love your new design! I liked the last one, too. I simply have GOT to learn HTML because I have so many ideas but am too stupid to set them up~
    My mom typed a report for my brother, using "rockerty," instead of "rocketry." Yikes! I've made too many mistakes to try to list any!
    ~~~Blessings~~~

    ReplyDelete
  41. Loved your TT Anni! I find things like that fascinating. :)

    ReplyDelete

.