my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out







edition #53



Ol' Hootin' Anni here. And I love to play games. One of my favorites is twenty questions. When someone thinks of something, and you guess by asking 20 questions, then getting answers in yes/no form. By Question number twenty, you should have a pretty good, firm idea as to what the opponent is 'thinking'. Today, tho the game isn't actually TWENTY questions, I tried to narrow down the items to thirteen, total. Hopefully, with these you can figure it out. Ready, set, GO...........

I'm thinking of an object. Here are THIRTEEN CLUES:

1] Is it short? NO
2] Is it Narrow? YES
3] Is it Colored? YES, could be./and/ NO, not necessarily.
4] Is it Animal? YES!
5] Is it bigger than a bread box? NO [but mighty!]
6] If "I" go down a well, would I get shafted! YES ::shrug::
7] Is it a homonym for tough? YES
8] Does it fly? NO ::clue::
9] Is it old in terms of medieval? YES, could be.
10] Was it around during the U S A constitution? YES
11] Are certain kinds used? YES
12] Do you find them in classrooms? NO, probably not.
13] Associated with, perhaps, Qumran? YES


Now, take all into consideration and guess. BUT DON'T BLURT IT OUT IN THE COMMENTS [I will delete 'em -ones with answers]. Drop by tomorrow [Friday!] to see if you were correct. Answer will be posted then.

~...end Thursday 13
[scroll beyond the joke and my award to comment link]

<><><>

One day, shortly after the birth of their new baby, the mother had to go out to do some errands.

The proud father stayed home to watch his wonderful new son. Soon after the mother left, the baby started to cry.

So the father did everything he could think of, but the baby just wouldn't stop crying.

Finally, he got so worried he decided to take the infant to the doctor.

After the doctor listened to all the father had done to get the baby to stop crying, the doctor began to examine the baby's ears, chest and then down to the diaper area. When he opened the diaper, he found that it was full.

"Here's the problem," the doctor said. "He just needs to be changed."

The father was very perplexed, "But," he told the doctor, "the diaper package specifically stated that it is good for up to 10 lbs!"


<><><>

I was directed to go to Greatfullivin's Gratitude Journal in my Wordless Comments, to find what she had for me on her blog! And I was left quite speechless. To be included in her list of award recipients really made my day. Thanks so much!!! The award is awesome. And let me tell you, she made the award herself...isn't it cool?

32 comments :

  1. I am no good at this stuff!

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I have a guess. I'll try to remember to come back and see if I'm right!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking of everything that ends in ough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is it a mouse? That's the only thing I can think of that would match that criteria. Soooooo fun! Thanks for the game!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are such a fun friend, love you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Evening/Morning Anni,
    Oh my goodness, I'm going to have to sleep on this one. LOL. I'll have to think of an answer overnight and then come back tomorrow to see if I was right. I so loved the joke. LOL. That was just too funny. Sounds like a man tho huh? LOL. I have worked on a post for tomorrow and should have it up sometime in the morning. Take care my friend and have a great evening/day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. One of my girlfriends and I play this game whenever one of us hears a bit of gossip. Such fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I give up but im always crappy at these kind of games:) Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yup, I'm no good either...I'll be back to see what it is, though.

    Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OUCH! You are making me think waaaaaaay too hard! I DO have a guess though... but NO... I'm not spittin' it out!

    *toddles off singing* it isn't easy being greeeeeeen... spending everyday the color of the leaves... And NO... I don't think it's a FROG!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will spend a sleepless night now !

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the joke... intrigued by the game...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I just don't have any idea what it is but I'll try.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh man, Anni, you stumped me! I have no clue.

    Be sure to stop by and get a piece of cake!

    Happy TT!
    http://impulsivehearts.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like this game, but I have no guess...maybe because it's almost 3 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The mind boggles :-)
    But I'm obviously wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Anni, I loved your joke about the dad and baby..I am not good solving games... have a good day. Hugs, Baba

    ReplyDelete
  18. No clue...but that is me anyway..not a good game player. Great award for you..congrats. Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  19. Clever idea ... mum's the word ;--)

    Loved the 10 lbs story! LOL
    Congrats on the award ... I got one too and now I really MUST learn how to create these cool things on my own.

    Hope you're having a delightful day.
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, I love games too! I am not goog at guessing ... so I will be back to find out the answer. Well, I would come over anyways :)
    Love the joke too! and congrats on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ok~I have a few guesses and I am going to think a little harder about it. I'll be back to see what the answer is!

    You can check mine out
    here

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Iam no good at games and thinking but I love the 20 question game we actually came up wtih one that it didn't get and it was mosquito!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. ooooh I love twenty questions, even though I am never any good at it. I will stp back to find the answer. Loved the joke! You are welcome and so deserving of the award, You have the best attitude, love it, love it,love it! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have a guess...I'm pretty sure it's wrong, but I have a guess anyway! ;-)

    Loved the joke! And congrats on the award!

    ReplyDelete
  25. LOL

    I'm no good at these games...


    but just wanna say- that baby joke was a HOOT!



    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anni,

    Loved your post and I might have a clue of what you are talking about. However, as per your request I will wait until tomorrow to let you know if I "got it."

    Enjoyed playing the game and also the joke. Glad you enjoyed the photos of all our family's babies. I know you enjoy seeing photos of Griffyn and once I started I couldn't resist showing the others.

    Take care and have a wonderful day.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  27. My brain is fried. I hope to come back when I can think more clearly!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I'd say gerbil, but they are frequently found in classrooms. Cat?

    ReplyDelete
  29. You'll think I'm a pooper for not even trying to guess in my head, but my head isn't really on straight today, so it might be dangerous. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I don't have a clue lol
    Happy T13!

    ReplyDelete

.