my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


For USA dwellers...don't forget, today is the first day of Daylight Savings Time....spring forward!!! [set you clocks 1 hour ahead.] And I just noticed on the computer calendar that it's March 9th. 40 years ago, hubby and I had our FIRST DATE! We went to a fancy restaurant in town. And what a night that was to remember. Believe it or not....two months and two days later, we married. And Have Been Married Ever Since!!!

<><><>



Play along with your subconscious; Sunday's Word Association.
Join here.



  1. Homicide :: In Cold Blood

  2. Divisive :: disagreeable

  3. Flash :: flood

  4. Steaming :: hot

  5. Crunch :: bar

  6. Look out! :: below!!

  7. Anticipating :: waiting

  8. Slim :: pickings

  9. Navel :: orange

  10. Help :: rescue
~...end Unconscious Mutterings
[scroll below my "Silver" section for comment link]




A few days ago, Tuesday to be exact, we were to list ten of our favorite drinks. Well, I visited Wyspy, and she had a smoothie listed. And she stated that it's her own special recipe. I begged asked her kindly, "what do you put in your smoothies?" She was kind enough to share it in her comments. And since she DID share it, I wanted to share this too. Trust me, I tried it that very day I read it [she told me where to go me where to find it], and it's sooooooo darned good. I'm thinking that it's the blackberries that sold me!! But maybe it's the ginger. No wait, it has to be the strawberries. Yet, come to think of it, I love bananas too!! Well darn, it's just the whole kittin' kaboodle!!! It's fantastic. Thank you, thank you Wysp. You're a star!!!

Hi Hootin' Anni-
Here's what I put in my smoothies..... it fills me up and I'm good to go. Yields 1 to 2 servings (depends how much you want)
1 medium or large sized banana
1 small yogurt of choice (I use vanilla)
6 or 8 fresh or frozen strawberries (thawed)
6 or 8 fresh or frozen blackberries (thawed)
1/2 cup Orange Juice
dash of ground ginger spice
Put all ingredients in deep bowl and blend with hand mixer. (I use Braun Hand Mixer) Continue blending until desired consistency. If you want thinner smoothies- add orange juice.
Enjoy!

I beg you too...go over to Wyspy's [this is her MAIN blog addy-different than the above mentioned blog entry] blog and thank her for making this ol' lady very happy. She'll know who I am...well, maybe not. But drop by and give her a big ol' smooch-a-roonie for me okay?

<><><>



And speaking of visiting other blogs...If you're here, go to view this home. Its outstandingly beautiful interior is just, well....breathtaking. I am amazed with the whole concept. Irene shared this 'true' Hobbit-like home with us. Drop by...view, and tell her Hootin' Anni sent you. You wont' regret viewing this if you're in awe of the movie/book!!!


<><><>

If you're any at all interested in the American Political year ahead of us until a new President is sworn in in January 2009 --I found this little widget to be added to your blog. Show your colors, show your pride, show your choice for candidate:


Yahoo!See latest stories on Yahoo! News

Also there, at the site, are

and Ron Paul


The text/blog html code for the campaign button is found here. You'll find on the right side of the page " " click on it, and chose your person for the next possible president of the United States.

<><><>



And lastly, what missing children have with Amber Alert, 5 states, including Texas, now is utilizing "Silver Alert"...for missing elderly who wander off by themselves and become a 'missing person'. I think it's a great idea. And if it helps locate just one senior who becomes lost by means of Alzheimer's or Dementia...it is working!!

15 comments :

  1. Good Morning Anni,
    We didn't get to move yesterday as planned. But that's okay. My DH called our Landlord and told him we would move this coming weekend. I did remember to set my clock up an hour. I hate doing this because it messes my sleeping an hour later up. LOL. I have to have my sleep or I'm a grouchy you know what. LOL. Me and my DH dated only about a month and he asked me to marry him. We started dating in December of 1994, and he asked me in January of 1995 to marry him and we got married in March of 1995. We've been together ever since as well. I just love it. Do yall still go to that Restaurant on March 9th to celebrate your first date? I would think that would be so romantic. The next day after me and DH got married, we went to Jonesboro and ate at a Steak House. It has since gone out of business, but before it did, we would always go there to eat on our Anniversary. I enjoyed reading your Sunday' Word Associtation. I agree with everyone of them. Those are what I would have chosen as definitions as well. I don't have a Smoothie maker. I would love to have one because I know they are good for you and the girls would love them as well. This recipe for the smoothie sounds yummy. You know, I've never tried Ginger that I'm aware of. I see it used alot on Food Network tho. I have seen this picture of the Hobbit-like home somewhere before as well and almost used it once at the top of my post. Girl, I still don't know who I'm voting for for President yet. LOL. I get so mad at all the candidates stabbing each other in the back all the time. They are worse than kids are sometimes. That is such a big turn-off for me. I think the Silver-Alert is a great idea. There are so many elderly people that do wander off from their surroundings and even end up being found dead. I put up some pictures of the girls in the Snow yesterday. When I tried clicking on them, they wouldn't enlarge like everyone else's does. I may have to do something to me settings or something. I don't know. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW what a post!
    I came over to check out your UM.
    We matched on navel.
    My husband played along this week but no matches with him.

    I like that "look out below" and "slim pickings".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Same in #7... Interesting answers. Happy mutterings. mine is up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your blog! Always make me smile to see it. Your UM is great...got a chuckle out of #6 and wish I had #9 right now. Happy 1st Date Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 40th anniversary of the day you & your hubby met! I’m sure you’re planning something special for the official wedding anniversary in 2 months. Thanks for the Daylight Savings Time reminder. That used to be a bigger problem before all the ‘digital gadgets’ with built-in clocks that ‘reset themselves’ these days. LOL

    I don’t know how you keep up with so many meme-like activities. I wish I had some of your energy! My head spins just thinking about it all. Thanks for passing along the ‘smoothie’ recipe. I’ll have to give it (and Wyspy’s blog) a try.

    I’m laughing at the size differential in the political buttons and trying to remember what you told me about turning off to copy them here … but I think I saved your advice somewhere. Ah … and now I see you’ve provided a link so I can get the HTML code w/o digging out the info. Thanks! I think the Silver Alert is an excellent idea. I wonder if California has such a thing?
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni, Great post ... Hehehe watch out below.. Im off to make a smoothie using skim milk in place of the orange juice,,, also adding a scoop of icecream/ Yummy..

    ReplyDelete
  7. You changed time already ? In Europe we do it the last sunday of March each year one hour more.
    I saw on TV that Hillary won but lost in Wyoming (to many cowboys there probably to accept a women, lol)
    We also have a service for missing old people just like for the children. As you say it happens quite often with people having Alzenheimer you go out of the house and don't find their way back.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anni,

    Daylight Savings Time has arrived in Canada as well. It is a sign that spring is on the way, but it used to be done later. I'm not sure why they moved it up.

    I see you are routing for Obama all the way. He is still in the lead by 1%. It's going to be a close race.

    The hobbit house is unique. Kind of build on the theory of the old sod shanties of the Old West. It looks lovely inside. I'm sure that it is very liveable. There's a house not far from where I was raised that is built into the side of a hill.

    I think the Silver Alert is wonderful. We have lost a couple of seniors here in this city because they have wandered away.

    Take care, Anni. Have a relaxing Sunday. We have over a foot of snow here.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Look out belowwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

    Very cool to read about Silver Alerts. I once had someone with Alzheimer's or Dementia knock on my door late at night, in his pajamas and the temperature was below freezing! Silver Alerts will hopefully be a great thing for folks in those situations!

    Great stuff at your blog; hope you keep doing Unconscious Mutterings!

    God Bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Sweet Hootin' Anni!!!
    I'm tickled pink that you liked my smoothie recipe! Thanks for the shout out!
    I better post it... so people can find it easier! Thanks again and I'm glad you like!
    Big ol' Hugs from Cali.
    ~W~

    ReplyDelete
  11. From top to bottom ..

    Happy anniversary of your first date! It's always good to hear about couples that have stayed together so long.

    Thanks for visiting my UM and you have some cool answers.

    That smoothie DOES sound yummy. I like that she uses a hand mixer instead of a blender.

    Hmm I wonder who you support in the election? LOL! Me, too. I have a thingy on my sidebar.

    The Silver Alert is a wonderful idea and long overdue.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good things to know! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love reading your posts, so much fun. You always share a little bit of this, and that. Thanks sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for stopping by to visit my mutterings. Welcome and I will enjoy reading yours each week. Congrats on your long-lasting marriage! That smoothie sounds yummy so I will definitely go tell your new friend thank you. Also, thanks for the info about the silver alert. I learn so much from my fellow bloggers! Good job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hmm...I don't really get the whole DST thingy. That gives a dead straight away that I'm not living somewhere with four season huh? Well, I'm sure 9 Mar will be a special day in your heart :D

    Anyway, love your mutterings. I don't think we have any matches but your answers are refreshing. I partically like your "Look out!" answer. I really looked at my feet! lol

    ReplyDelete

.