my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes


NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



NOTE: Cricket did my 175 Word Challenge!! Excellent job! I really enjoyed how you came about having your nickname, Cricket!

Anyone can do the challenge if you'd like. Once it's complete, I will add your link on the participants' list found on my sidebar. [The challenge itself is linked]


<><><>




Robin, our hostess for Fun Monday this week, has challenged us with these words:
    "...please share words that inspire and motivate you--brief or bloviatory, silly or serious, from great world leaders to last night's Comedy Central...from a Hallmark greeting card to your favorite book. Choose one, choose many...."


I really had to get my thinking cap on and try to remember those I like so much and ones I continue using in my lifestyle. Some are from when I grew up, from what I heard, one from what I vowed. But only a few, I promise:

My dad: "Strive for independence. You and you alone will remain standing, with your decision[s] in life, right or wrong."
School: "I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all." [and to this day those words, they're still with me.]
Wedding: "Do you Anni, take thee Bud to have and to hold from this day forward, for richer for poorer, in sickness and health 'til death do you part?..." "I do" "By the authority vested in me by the State of Colorado, I pronounce you man and wife; and what God hath joined together, let no man nor woman put asunder.". -40 years ago this May 11th!!! And these words are still inspiring for me. [did you know that the 'common' spoken ritual from a preacher/priest in a wedding ceremony is NOT found in the Bible? I asked our priest where they were and he told me I could look forever in the Bible and not find them. Well.....things that make you go 'hhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmm'!!!]
Movie: "It looks like we're up chocolate creek without a Popsicle stick!" [Shrek II] --Why? 'cause I just like the quote.




More of my favorites? Okay, you pulled my leg.
    "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I."

    And the mailman once asked us: "Does your dog bite?" We said: "No" ----:::dog rips his pant leg, growling::: Mailman: "I thought you said your dog doesn't bite?" We say: "It's not our dog!"

    "Husbands are like fine wine, they are better with age." [If that's the case, I think I should lock hubby in the cellar!!]


And last but not least, this quotation makes me feel really smart! [no, I didn't say it - come on, gimme a break!]
    "Smoking kills, and if you're killed, you've lost a very important part of your life."
    ~Brooke Shields


<><><>

Famous Last Word [Quotes]

  • I bet I'll get a world record for this!

  • It's fireproof.

  • The bear's probably just hibernating.

  • What does this button do?

  • I'm making a citizen's arrest.

  • It's probably just a rash.

  • Are you sure the power is off?

  • The odds of that happening have to be a million to one!

  • Pull the pin and count to what?

  • Which wire was I supposed to cut?

  • I wonder where the mother bear is.

  • I've seen this done on TV a hundred times.

  • These are the good kind of mushrooms.

  • I'll hold it, and you light the fuse.

  • Let it down slowly.

  • Rat poison only kills rats.

  • I'm sure it'll hold both of us.

  • This doesn't taste right.

  • I can make this traffic light before it changes.

  • Nice doggie.

  • I can do that with my eyes closed.

  • I've done this before.

  • Well, we've made it this far.

  • That's odd.

  • Don't be so superstitious.

  • Now watch this.

  • What duck?





  • <><><>


    34 comments :

    1. Dads usually come up with some good ones!

      I did one of those blogthings to get my last words. Mine? "Nice doggie!"

      ReplyDelete
    2. Good Evening/Morning Anni,
      I am back after being busy for a few days. I did put up a new post this morning. Since the girls have started their softball, they both keep me busy running here and there. I enjoyed your quotes you gave. I really enjoyed the one about the School and marriage. Those 2 are very important to me and should be to everyone else as well. I know you are excited about Baseball Season starting up as well and glad you got to go to a game. I would love to go to a big game like that one day. Take care my friend and have a great evening/day. May God Bless You and Yours.

      Love & Hugs,
      Karen H.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I don't remember that Shrek quote. I think I watched it while I was sleeping (: I usually remember any good chocolate stuff.

      This is a kickin' list!

      ReplyDelete
    4. those are wonderful Anni, especially the one from your dad.

      ReplyDelete
    5. Nice range of quotes, sentimentsl, serious, funny...you seem to have covered all the bases, Anni.

      ReplyDelete
    6. I don't remember any useful quote from my father dear. You are lucky because what he said is very true. I took my life philosophy out of Budda quotes.

      ReplyDelete
    7. I loved these, great post, as always my friend.

      ReplyDelete
    8. Oh my goodness, I totally forgot about that Brooke Shields quote! It's just as funny hearing it for the second time! LOL!

      BTW-I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to you on your email about my template and the HTML coding, etc etc. I'm going crazy right now and really should be sleeping, but I couldn't help myself. I had to come read some of my FAVORITE bloggers blogs before I left on vacation. ANYWAYS! I apologize for not getting back to you as you are trying to help me and you are such a complete sweetheart. If it's okay with you, would you mind helping me when I get back? I'd really really appreciate it! Again, sorry for being rude. I need to give you my main email address so I realize you wrote faster as I don't check that other one as often. I'll write you as soon as I get back. THANK YOU!!! :)

      You're the best!!!!

      Thanks Anni :)

      ReplyDelete
    9. I love these Anni, especially, the Shrek one, your comments on putting your hubby in the cellar (snort), and the Brooke Shields one was hilarious.

      ReplyDelete
    10. Wonderful choice of Quotes! I just love coming and reading your blog. Just haven't been able lately.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Usually I’ve posted something before I ‘visit’ … so I miss out on some ‘challenges’ … but this morning’s Fun Monday topic seems ‘up my alley’ and I haven’t yet published anything for today … so perhaps I’ll give this meme a go in a little while.

      I loved the ‘variety’ in your ‘take’ on the prompt. You certainly covered all the bases! ;--)
      Hugs and blessings,

      ReplyDelete
    12. The seriousness of the start got me! Love how you got a quote from your Dad, school, then from your wedding (so swet!) then the rest made me almost p** for LOL! Love how you did your post...so so freaking nice...and funny! Just what I need, thanks for the cheer!

      ReplyDelete
    13. Wow! You took this quote thing seriously!

      ReplyDelete
    14. Anni,

      Love your quotes. I got a real kick out of the famous last words. LOL Every one of them fit.

      I really enjoyed my visit to you today. My wish for you is that you and Bud have a wonderful week.

      Blessings,
      Mary

      ReplyDelete
    15. Great quotes Anni! Especially the one from your dad - thanks for sharing.

      ReplyDelete
    16. That Brooke Shield's quote makes me thank more of Johnny Bench.

      And your dad is right. Our quot is: Is you only got to please one person in your life any you look at them in the mirror.

      Thanks for sharing

      ReplyDelete
    17. I agree with part of your loves..movies..I love them!! Hubby loves baseball and is an "avid born deep in his skin" CUBS fan!! I think that he was born wearing a CUBS blue ball cap!! Smile. I am just not a sports lover at all but so glad there are women out there that are...Have a great day...Sandy

      ReplyDelete
    18. LOLOLOLOL Loved the "Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I" LOL oh lordy that's a good one!

      ReplyDelete
    19. Talk about missed opportunities --up a chocolate creek without a pop. stick! Glad you had a great day at the ole ballgame, Anni.

      ReplyDelete
    20. Nice list! My favourite one was the husband in the cellar, loved that one!

      ReplyDelete
    21. always a pleasure... i was clapping my hands and giggling joyfully.

      thanks for that!

      ReplyDelete
    22. That's quite a collection. Good work.

      ReplyDelete
    23. Okay, with reference to famous last words about pulling the pin:

      "And thou shalt take the holy hand grenade, and thou shalt count to three. Not two. Not four. Five is right out."
      ~Monty Python

      ReplyDelete
    24. Oh good grief.....I am crying with laughter at some of those last words!

      ReplyDelete
    25. You had me laughing at some of these~ love the one liners. My hubby happens to be in the cellar at this very moment I must go and lock the door he he!!

      ReplyDelete
    26. I knew you would have a great list to read! You didn't disappoint.

      ReplyDelete
    27. What a great collection, both inspirational and funny.

      I like your Dad's best.

      ReplyDelete
    28. fun list! thanks for sharing ALL of it!!!!!

      ReplyDelete
    29. I am so tired tonight, but had to go through the Fun Mondays, because I need a laugh. Glad I stopped by yours... laughed and actually giggled!! Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    30. Poor Brooke Shields. The stress got to her: Should I or shouldn't I tweeze my eyebrows?

      ReplyDelete
    31. Working in an ER we get a lot of the "hold my beer and watch this" moments.


      Great quotes!

      ReplyDelete
    32. You're great! I love that you used your dad, and school and even Shrek. :) Dad is a smart guy.

      40 years, wow! We'll be 5 years in May. :)

      ReplyDelete
    33. What a great range of quotes- funny and serious. And even some that might have brought a little tear to my eye.

      ReplyDelete
    34. Terrific job, Anni!

      ReplyDelete

    .