my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


{below this post are some photos of our huge storm we got Monday afternoon}



March 11: HEADS - Anything green


ARTIST: Muppets' Kermit the Frog
TITLE: It's Not Easy Being Green






Lyrics
It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of Spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like an ocean, or important
Like a mountain, or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful
And I think it's what I want to be.

- - -


And I want to thank Barb [aka Skittles] for this cute Irish button for my blog!!!
"Kiss me!! I'm Irish!!"

~...end Heads or Tails
[scroll below 10 on Tuess. & quiz for comment link]


<><><>



10 Things You’re Looking Forward to in the Spring
    1] Flowers!! Tons of flowers.
    2] Warmer days
    3] Lounging outdoors on lawn chaise
    4] Rain
    5] Easter
    6] Less bulky clothes!
    7] Having the windows open & the ocean breeze
    8] Spring Cleaning -YES! I like to clean
    9] Pastel colors
    10] Fresh plowed fields in the country!


Next week: 10 Places You’d Take a Tourist to See in Your Hometown


<><><>

I saw this yesterday at Talk To Grams and I went out to google to search for the quiz. Oh goody, no questions. Just a plain simple quiz that you chose what flowers you'd pick. And then get analyzed. And of course, without a doubt, I picked the roses!!! Are you kidding me? Those are my favorites!!! I love roses. So, here's what it said about me:




What These Roses Say About You



You are a classic romantic who believes in true love. Yep...otherwise I wouldn't be married!

You often experience deep emotions and feel warmth toward almost everyone. Well, ALMOST everyone!

You are a bundle of positive feelings and sweetness. Positive feelings? In MY life, yes! Sweetness? Ummmmmmm.....



<><><>



ADDED 7:30AM - I just got this today....from Alison. Thank you so so much. And I truly appreciate the words written about your recipients on your blog!!

Alison writes:
    So....now for the fun part...I get to pass it on....I am going to pass it onto the following blogger friends who visit me on a regular basis and leave me wonderful comments. They make me feel loved and they make me smile every day!!!!

28 comments :

  1. I picked the orchids and it said this..

    You are exotic and intricately beautiful. You possess a unique grace that's both delicate and strong. You are thoughtful and refined. You are the definition of class.

    Excuse me while I go laugh. LOL

    Ok. Kermit. You deserve a big ol' kiss!! I have had a secret crush on Kermie for years and years. :)

    Psst.. your link wasn't put in right on Mr. Linky. Good thing I already knew where to find you. Want to come back and fix it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. awwww ... Kermit the Frog is just so cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kermit always WAS one of my favorites! Ya just gotta LOVE that frog! (and of course... Miss Piggy is ME! - and SHE loves Kermie...)

    Finally a 10 on Tuesday I could DO! I just might PLAY that this week!

    And I took the flower test too. I ALMOST chose tulips - but then I just had to go with those cheery ol' daisies (although I THOUGHT they were zinnias...) But cheery is cheery - so daisies are fine! I'll post it for Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I fixed your link :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't thought of Kermit in so long. Such a bright froggie! By the way, Anni: your link at Skittles? It goes to a spam blog. I think you may want to fix that! But I goggled and got you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are a bundle of positve feelings also!!!


    I have something for you!! Come over and see!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love kermit...he was one of my favorites....great one for green

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello dearest Anni:-)

    Omigosh, I so loved seeing the video of Kermit singing It's Not Easy Being Green...brought back a lot of memories of The Muppets:-) I use to watch that all the time!!

    I'm sure looking forward to the same 10 things you are...like you, I like Spring cleaning! lol We're still in the grips of bitterly cold temps and winds and tons of snow yet...Spring seems such a long way away.

    As for the flower quiz:

    What These Tulips Say About You
    You are very popular and universally admired.
    You are often hopelessly in love, and you connect to other people easily.
    You are a naturally cheerful and upbeat person. You have an amazing smile.

    Well I don't know about the amazing smile but I am naturally cheerful and upbeat! lol

    Love ya! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an adorable post! I loved that you posted all the words to that song! SO FUN!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love kermit. Fun stuff, as always my friend. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that song!!! Great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aw! I love Kermit! He's just so .... so .... green! :) I'm looking forward to less bulky clothes and warmer days too!!! Yippee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good Morning Anni,
    Awwww, poor Kermit looks so sad singing the song. Bless his little heart. I have always loved Kermit and I remember watching him when I was growing up. Our kids used to watch him as well. I love your Irish Button that Skittles fixed for you. Well since you like to clean, why don't you make a trip up here where I live and you can help me move and clean at the same time? LOL. I love Pastel colors as well. I sure wish I lived near the Ocean and having a breeze from the Ocean. I tried doing that quiz over at Grams the other day but the link wasn't working. Since Roses are my favorite flowers as well, here is what it said about me.
    You are a classic romantic who believes in true love.
    You often experience deep emotions and feel warmth toward almost everyone.
    You are a bundle of positive feelings and sweetness.

    Yeap, it pretty much fits me to a T.
    I read your previous post about the storm you got. Wow, the skies look awful. We have humidity big time here in the Summer. It just makes it so miserable being outside especially if the temperatures are up in the 90's. Looks like you got quite a bit of rain as well. I'm just glad you didn't have any damage to your house with the high winds. I know how those high winds can be as we had one of those wind storms back in February and we were without power. It was cold here tho. We were without power for 11 hours. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  14. *ROFL* Great minds thinks alike!

    Happy Tuesday from one Kermit HoTtie to another, Anni! *g*

    ______________

    I´ve finally complete the huge move from Coffee2go (my former blogspot account) to my own domain and I hope you´ll keep on visiting my new place. It´s always a pleasure to see you ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh I love Kermit, my favourite song in the whole world is him singing Rainbow Connection!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm fond of Kermit. I remember watching Muppets when I was younger and Kermit was my favorite. Thanks for sharing the cute video.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I had forgotten how pensive Kermit could sound; he is such a trip. Love that song. I did the flower thing and picked tulips first choice..

    (Last night I could not get here from the link on Heads or Tails... maybe blogger was acting up at the time.)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love Kermit!!! He was my daughter's favourite growing up :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Kermit and this was his greatest hit! LOL! Great HoT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kermit was an excellent choice for the green theme.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, Kermit! Great take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi! I can hear Kermit in my ears right now!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Who doesn't love Kermit! Very good for today's theme.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a perfect choice for this week's Heads or Tails! I love Kermit.

    Since you like cleaning, I'd be perfectly happy to let you come clean my house, too....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Anni, thanks for coming over to view my St. Patrick's Day celebration in Savannah... Wish all of you could come help me drink green beer and eat green grits...Have a fun day. Hugs,
    Baba

    ReplyDelete
  26. My blogging buddy made that cute little leprechaun button! (at least I think she did). I have one on my sidebar. It's adorable! Enjoyed your HoT.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love Kermit ! GREAT posts. Happy HoT

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love Kermit! Such a great song! Thanks for visiting my Green Post!

    ReplyDelete

.