my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





About | Theme: "HIGH" | Roll
Next week "GLASS"



This week, it's high for us. I was thinking of photographing our cannabis plants but that would put me in a lot jeopardy! :::JOKING::: [I can see it now....the feds are reading my blog with Bush's idea of homeland security issues, phone tapping and blog spying, and they're making a mad dash to my front door right now as I type.]

Anyway, I opted for high among the treetop! One morning this week, early, I was out in back and the sun was beginning to peek over the horizon. The light of the early morning was shining down on one of our many bougainvillea plants that is slowly coming out of its winter hibernation, and it was pretty to me. Then, when I was checking the photos on the digital memory card, I saw two doves perched high on the Pecan Tree out front that I didn't notice previously. This is good for the subject "high", I thought-----------




[photos can be enlarged]

~end Photo Hunt
[scroll down below the tag for commenting]


<><><>


Mary at Mary's Writing Nook has tagged me for the ABC meme. A challenge to be sure, but fun still the same. Here goes.

A - Attached or single: Very much attached. [right now, to the computer chair!]

B - Best Friend: This sounds self-centered, I know, but I'd have to say myself - only 'cause if I don't like myself on a particular day, I can't be friends with anyone near and dear to me. On the other hand, I can say Bud and my cats too, 'cause they take me for what I am and love me unconditionally. So, in all....my best friend[s] would be my household members...my true loves.

C - Cake or pie: Pie!!! Any kind [exception....one, custard], any day!!

D - Day of choice: All seven actually, but gimme MORNINGS of each day.
E - Essential item: Money? Ya, it is essential now a days. Need gas.

F - Favorite color: Rich, deep Purple.

G - Gummi Bears or worms: Ewwwwww, no. Not for me at all.

H - Hometown: Podunk City, Nebraska

I - Indulgence: A bubble bath with candles surrounding the tub & soft music.

J - January or July: Here? In South Texas? Neither. January, too cold and damp, July? Hot and damp and perhaps hurricanes!! I'll take March and April.

K - Kids: Fun and challenging at the same time.

L - Life is incomplete without: Movie. Okay, that sounds odd, but I love 'em. I honestly can say I'd be lost without movies. [hey, if I were to say family, I think that's a given...everyone says family is most important!]

M - Marriage date: May 11

N - Number of siblings: 4 [one sister, 3 brothers]
O - Oranges or apples: Yes...Sweet juicy oranges....AND tart juicy apples. Both!!!

P - Phobias or Fears: SNAKES! Bridges. Height, especially above 30 feet [like on a rooftop...I tend to get up there and SIT!!! I freeze.]
Q - Quote: I've always liked "Afterall, tomorrow's another day"....which reminds me of a line taken from the Bible...
"Weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning." (Psalms 30:5)

R - Reason to smile: A new day!!! A quiet time for me...mornings.

S - Season: Spring! Most definitely.

T - Tag: Price! I'm always checking price tags. LOL [I know y'all want 'tags as in the meme tag, but I don't do that]

U - Unknown fact about me: I sometimes 'steal' grapes off the produce shelf and munch 'em while shopping.

V - Veggies or fruit: If I had my druthers, fruit. One in particular, homegrown, juicy tomatoes!! [yes, they're fruit!!!] But I like all veggies too, except okra.

W - Worst habit: All of 'em I do...too many to call one 'worser' than the other. If they're bad, they're worse at the time.
X - X-ray or ultrasound: For what? I associate ultrasound for pregnancies [I know they're used for just about anything these days tho]....so I guess it'd be x-ray...but then, neither if I can help it, and ONE I wouldn't have because I'm too old for the "PG" word. Which one would be more harmful to the body? X-ray? Okay then.......NEITHER!!!!

Y - Your favorite food: Anything that is bad for me and fattening.

Z - Zodiac: Aquarius! [the only ONE symbol in the zodiac that all others need to survive!! Gotcha! ::singing:: "This is the DAWNing of the age of Aquarius, A QUAR i US, A Quar i us!!!"]

78 comments :

  1. Anni,

    Enjoyed your photo hunt. Those birds sure are high. You made a good choice.

    Loved the answers to the meme. I too 'steal' grapes, but only to taste them before I buy them. Hubby always has a fit. LOL

    Enjoyed my visit and thanks so much for letting me know that you'd posted it. I now know you just a little bit better.

    Have a safe and relaxing weekend.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL! I thought about tree tops! I also thought about a pic of my bleary eyed kids! LOL! But in the end... I went with a re-run! It was too good not to! Love your birds! They are HAPPY to see Spring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I liked your photo hunt. Your meme answers are good ones sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great shots for this week.

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. your photos are great but I would have preferred shots of your cannabis plants! (wink, wink.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such happy pics for the theme, love the birds and your bougainvillea! the cannabis plants will surely bring you many readers through google search, lol.
    Happy PH and happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your "high" pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful photos of the bird up high in the tree! Terrific choice for the Hunt!

    Dragonheart and Merlin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice shots of the birds high up on the tree.
    Your ABCs had me laughing :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, lovely photos, Anni! I'm still looking for just the right place for boufainvillea, because it really is high!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So high...the sun too is here today! Shopping here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great pics! I love birds! They are so free and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lots of different pics today. A nice choice. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your "high" photos are pretty! I almost posted pictures of my catnip. But I already showed that before for "party"!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for coming to look at my Venice photos. :) Your birds inthe trees sure are pretty! I get crimson rosellas here. I have a pic on my blog but it is further down. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. A pecan tree? You have a pecan tree? How lovely. Great photos.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful shots, Anni - and your ABC MEME put a huge smile on my face also!

    Thanks for visiting my hunt. It´s always a pleasure to see you!

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Good choice. I love the third photo, so nicely framed.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely choice for this week's hunt. Happy weekend, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Anni. I enlarged the photos for a good look at the birds in the trees, Ohh they are high in the trees.. loved your answers Y,,, HAHAHA weres the fattening food..HEHEHE I just opened a block of chocolate (boysenberry shortcake) yummy!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. We have bougainvillea at home surrounding the property. Lovely to look at anytime of the day.

    Great idea for this week's photohunt :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful! Great choice, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely Photohunt pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  24. That's a great thought for a "high" theme. I hear an owl out behind our house but so far I haven't been able to see him -- would love to at least spot him and even get a picture some day.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh... you have been spying on the poor little bird! Shame on you... haha.

    Anyway, it's a great way to show the returning of spring. There sure be more high flying birds in your garden soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great pictures and idea(s) behind them! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Anni, it must be a welcome sight to see those birds on those trees.

    have a great weekend! MY PH:
    Sky High

    Moving-Up Day

    ReplyDelete
  28. Lovely spring photo's. It was nice and warm a few days! Thanks for coming over and visiting me. BTW I like your new banner.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Lovely high photos, like them very much!
    Happy Hunting!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I thought about using our tall and high pine trees here but went a different direction. Good idea..After my episode yesterday Melli said that I should have taken a picture of my b/p reading...I was FAR from thinking about today's theme at that time..smile.

    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  31. I enjoyed your ‘tree shots’ and your ABC meme. Your answers for ‘B’ … ‘D’ … ‘F’ … and ‘I’ … ‘resonate’ with me most today!
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Anni!
    Your photo hunter shots are great. Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  33. I really would have prefered to see your Canabis plants ! I had some in our living room, without knowing what it was ! My son had brought them to me to water them during holidays, lol ! It smelled very good in the whole house ! Of course I knew very quickly what kind of plant I was watering !
    You are afraid of snakes ? I am not but I hate spiders !

    ReplyDelete
  34. I've never seen a pecan tree before- very pretty blossoms.
    See my High here.

    ReplyDelete
  35. I love your photos (I wish we had some blooming trees... any trees would be nice, actually!)... and your meme answers are very interesting! (I'm Aquarius, too!)
    thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  36. High! You have good shots
    and even more so because you captured
    that bird up there.

    ReplyDelete
  37. oh Anni those are perfect for the theme...that is one of the favourite things I love about spring the return of the birds....I actually heard the first humming bird the other day....it's to cold for them yet....they need to go south for a least another couple of weeks...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Lovely high photos!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very nice photo's. The blossoms are so pretty! I wonder what a the birds eye view is!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Thanks for dropping by, Anni! Really nice pics you got here too:)

    ReplyDelete
  41. Wonderful takes on the theme.
    I love the third one.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Always fun over at ANNI'S. She's a Hoot! I love the way you ended your ABC tag with a 'zing'! That took alot of time and thought. I love it that you are "Attached" to the computer chair. I resemble that statement!

    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  43. What beautiful pictures! Those birds are "high" and beautiful :)
    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Love your beautiful photos for the "high" theme.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Hey, isn't there a song about that... Two turtle doves and a partridge in a pecan tree? Wait. That's not quite right, is it? ;-) Nice series of high piX. ThanX for the visit and gracious comment.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Those are some really great shots! Definitely high! And not the shots of the plants! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  47. great shots! and good idea for the high theme.

    ReplyDelete
  48. good take on the "high" theme
    thanks for visiting mine! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  49. Interesting meme.
    If you will visit my blog for today you will see that I passed on a blogging award to you.
    Incidentally, I enjoy your blog and I like you even though we are on opposite ends of the political spectrum. Obama??? No. John McCain. Yes (although not especially enthusiastically.)I would rather have Mitt Romney. Oh well, I guess we'll all take whoever we get. That's America. America - I've always loved America.
    Blessings for a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  50. very beautiful photo

    ReplyDelete
  51. Love the photo, and the tag was fun!

    blessings,
    kari & kijsa

    ReplyDelete
  52. I love your choices for this week's PhotoHunt. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  53. I like the birds. Very nice. A couple of decades ago I was a pretty serious stoner and I thought about some pictures from back then for the 'high' theme myself.

    ReplyDelete
  54. Ha ha, I had the same thought but no canibis plants, Anni :D The pictures of the bird up high in a tree are a great choice, though, reminds me that spring is here!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Great pictures and that is a long meme. Thanks for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Real doves? That's so awesome. Happy Photo Hunting!

    e-Mom @ Splash!Graphics

    ReplyDelete
  57. Hi Anni, I am a bird person and love your shots of the tall trees and the birds..Have a lovely week-end..

    ReplyDelete
  58. Hi Anni, we've just had our Earth Hour here. My son and I lit candles, and then just relaxed. Even the dog calmed down and fell asleep!
    Love the bird pictures.
    Have a nice Earth Hour when it's your turn.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi, I enjoyed reading your ABC meme. I think it is funny when these ask for you to name a "worst habit", like they are assuming we have several, of course we do but that's beside the point! LOL Also wanted to let you know I did your 175 word challenge. It was fun and very challenging just keeping exactly 175 words. You can read it at: http://cricket51.wordpress.com/2008/03/24/meme-monday-3/.

    ReplyDelete
  60. I LOVE this Meme! I'm going to make a generic blog when I get back from vacation so I can actively participate in Meme's again! We almost have the same wedding date, wha hoo! We're the 12th of May! I'd have to say we both have the same favorite foods as well :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  61. I love bougainvillea! They are my favorite! Doves enjoy my life too!
    Have a great sunday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  62. That was perfect for the hunt, Anni. Don't you love it when you download your photos and discover you have taken a photo of something you didn't see with the naked eye? Love it! Hope you are havinga wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  63. Thanks Anni for your thoughts on my poem. I enjoy your Blog! I visit you often! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Bougainvillea makes me miss my home in the Philippines! Thanks for the great photos and memories.

    ReplyDelete
  65. Pecan trees -- don't think we have those here in the Great White North LOL -- would love to see them in full leaf.
    If you have a chance to stop by my high entry, don't get alarmed if you get dizzy that's how high I was in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  66. LOL! I check on price tag without miss too! hehe...

    Great entry for high too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  67. Beautiful photos Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  68. GReat photos! Love the sky, branches and the flower contrasts! I'm in the tree tops too!
    Happy weekend
    L

    ReplyDelete
  69. What a nice take on this week's theme. I'd not seen a pecan tree before - even though I can happily eat my body weight in pecans! Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  70. Lovely high shots - a pecan tree, huh? Somehow I think I live to high up and near the Arctic to grow that in my garden...

    ReplyDelete
  71. the spring feel must have lifted your spirits high adding those doves and flowers in the scenery.

    sorry for the late visit. my PC just came off bypass.

    Morning Sniffles

    ReplyDelete
  72. Good photos for the theme, Anni. Birds are very high, literally, not figuratively! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  73. Love the colours of the bougainville. And those doves are high in the tree.

    Great entry. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  74. hi! I know that it is not high time for me visiting on a Monday for the Saturday Photo hunt but I would like you to know that I am here anyway.

    I just watched dumbo with my son and I imagine what if he was there on those branches?

    Have a great week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  75. Now, that is high!

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hi there! This is one of the nicest take on the theme!

    ReplyDelete

.