my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

NEWS FLASH:
I NOW HAVE A BOOK PUBLISHED


Titled Wings Over My Texas
Description excerpt: A non-scientific photographic study of over 200 birds, common, rare, and vagrant birds, along the Coastal Bend of South Texas. Areas include Corpus Christi, Port A...
check out the book details on this linked site!!



"Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow.
It empties today of its strength.
"
~unknown



Join Here &

~Heads or Tails


February 5: HEADS - First *OR* TAILS - Last

I'm not sure which to choose for the week's choices. First? Hmmmmmm. Let me think...
The FIRST:
time I was allowed to go see a movie by myself when I was a kid was in 1959, BEN HUR.
time I saw the Pacific Ocean was in California. La Jolla.
time I saw the Atlantic Ocean was Ocean City, Maryland.
time I saw the Rocky Mountains was in 1955.
time I went to Old Mexico I arrived in Mazatlan.
time I saw the White House in person was in 1967.
time I became a mother was in 1969.
love was Bob.
kiss was with Eddy.
bicycle was a gift in 1962.
time I saw the great Sonoran Desert was in 1970.
time I read what was our subject this week, the song "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" came to mind.

- - -

or, should I do the last choice, let's see....
The LAST:
movie I saw was Untraceable [LAST week]
time I held a paint roller was LAST week.
time I saw our son was LAST month
time I saw our grandkids was the Christmas before LAST
time I sat down and sketched was LAST year.
time I talked with our daughter was LAST weekend.
time we moved was from Tucson to Texas.
time I mowed grass was just LAST night! [ a year 'round thing here]
....& last by not least, the song "At LAST"




<><><>

~Ten on Tuesday



10 Things You Can Do Instead of Watching TV

I truly don't watch much TV; to watch only but a couple tv programs...when I'm viewing it, it's either for a sports game or a movie. Most always it's [the tv set] used to view DVDs. Besides, I thought life was all computer!! rofl So, it is way too obvious that if there's no computer because the cable's out, then perhaps a TV is turned on --no cable tho, so it's movies --dvds. Better things to do with my life. In fact computer vs. TV, I'd much rather be viewing and learning something on the computer! I'm thinking outside the bun [other than computer] this week ----

In all actuality I do these more than TV anyway...

Walk
Shop
Read
Crochet
Games
Housework/cook
Phone
Drive
Pets
Garden

Next week: 10 Things You Hate About Politics

<><><>



I grabbed this cute little Valentine Award at Skittles Place! Thanks Barb!!

24 comments :

  1. Enjoyed your post, as always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Anni,
    Good things on your Heads or Tails Monday. I also enjoyed reading your 10 on Tuesday. You mean there is a life other than the computer? LOL. I am really looking forward to your 10 things on Tuesday for next week. It should be an interesting 10 things huh? LOL. Our youngest daughter is doing better. She was just a tad bit feeling bad yesterday so I kept her home. She is going back today tho. I am not sick. Knock on wood. I am just down in the dumps about something and I just don't have the will power to do any posting right now. It got up to 72 degrees here yesterday and it's 65 degrees right now. They are saying we could have some really severe weather later on today with possible Tornadoes. I sure hope not. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first movie I saw in my life was the coronation of Queen Elizabeth ! what an event for a child ! My grandma went with me.
    And I still would prefer watching TV then doing something in my household, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many firsts and lasts - I ♥ your collection,Anni. Gald you didn´t choose =)

    Congrats on your Valentine Award! Very well deserved =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's funny: the first movie I saw by myself was Barbarella. I snuck in. I was shocked! I had never seen nudity before. I still laugh when I think of it. 25¢ to get in. Whew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy reading your post lots of first and last heheh... Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so good at this!
    An I am so glad that the grass I first hated when we moved here from Cali is mow free in the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loved your post - then again, I always do! ;-) Haven't sketched since last year - if it is something you love doing, then I think you should start doing it again :-)
    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni,

    I enjoyed your post, as always. Loved all your firsts. The first time I ever went anywhere other than to town, Dad took us to Niagara Falls. What an experience. I was about six.

    Enjoyed your 10. I don't watch TV much either. I am a computer person as well. I walk with Meeko, do crafts, crochet or, my read. I am an avid reader. Love you "Book I'm Into" graphic.

    Take care, Anni. Have a wonderful day.

    Blessings and love,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to multitask. lol

    I love the lists of both firsts and lasts.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great post for the First / Last theme! I enjoyed reading it! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ben Hur is probably the first movie I ever saw. Nice to get to know you more.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've gotten where I don't really mess with the TV anymore. Too much stuff I'd rather be doing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your valentine's poem on the comment page, Anni. I left you a little something over at my place.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just came trucken over from somewhere else.i like this posting.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Can I go ahead and wish you a Happy Birthday because I stink at remembering things like that....
    Happy Happy Birthday, from this old Jen to you
    Happy Happy Birthday, may all your dreams come true - Vote Pedro!

    this signature birthday greeting brought to you early by the dust bunny hostage.

    ReplyDelete
  17. i should have made myself list non-computer things (but then maybe i wouldn't have had ten)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Anni, Kelly and I got out and voted in the cold rain today!! Now they say it will turn to sleet and then snow... But I am still glad we voted!! Kelly was able to park next to the buliding where we voted. Karen voted on her way to work this morning.


    I watch TV some but it isn't the Network ones... Discover, TLC, Food. HGTV that kind of thing!!Of couse foot ball College Basket ball.... I do like "Are You Smarter Then A Fifth Grader" because Nancy likes it so much! I probably have told you this before.....?? Now I have lost my train of thought ... :) Love You, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the song At Last!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really liked your first and last post, that you had done in in a list form like that. Interesting facts too, especially the locations facts of course - and the first kiss and love :-P

    ReplyDelete
  21. I liked this post, so many firsts and you made lasts seem like a good thing.

    We went without a TV for 4 months, didn't miss it that much, except for some of the "how to" shows, but then we watched DVDs on the computer. So much else to do besides TV that we all enjoy, when we take the time to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I loved your take on the meme this week. It was all very revealing! LOL Have a great week!

    www.mamapj.com

    ReplyDelete

.