my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






. Dear diary:




I woke up this morning with a wonderful feeling and a big smile! I just had a very 'theatrical' dream. A nice dream. A good dream!! Nothing happened of course, nothing in a twisted way, but none-the-less it was a trip back in time. In the dream I went back to meeting a teacher of mine. A teacher that made me acquire a passion for, and then becoming efficient and skillful in English grammar!! Not to mention I had a big crush on him!! He was tall, good looking. A forceful voice that carried to the back of the classroom. Ummmm, ya, that's where this girl always sat...in the back. Where I could literally get by with pranks and just kinda goof off while I did my time in jail - attended class and learned.

But for some reason this guy always 'caught' me in the act! And consequently I was made to stay after school with him!

After attending another school for a short, short period I began to excel in the public school system [Junior High]. I think this has a lot to do with the teachers. Let me just say, they weren't nuns!!! And this English teacher was MALE! What else can I say ---teen-aged girl, and a wonderful MAN teacher!!!

Even today, I often find myself going back to those days I would deliberately get into trouble [one time I remember so vividly is when I was caught shooting a paper airplane across the room...I had to stay after school and make 100 planes and make the basket -waste basket- before I could go home. It turned out fun and filled with giggles and stories of his 'commanding days' in the Army!] so I would stay a few extra hours with this guy. And eventually we had a great rapport. We actually started to enjoy each other's company and have a good time together. Now, no nothing came of it, other than my school-'daze' crush; nothing but a guilt-free bonding and a lasting friendship until I went on my way to growing up and leaving, while he remained.

His name? Mr. Williams. James Williams!!!!
Tall, dark hair. Wonderful smile. Ex-military.
Quite 'human' after class...
Did I say tall? He was very tall!!

Okay, so it was a sweet, innocent, wonderful dream. I had to immediately get out on Google and search for any chance of finding dream interpretations online. I typed in my quandary and clicked....all to have my teen-aged fantasy once again, come tumblin' down like the walls of Jericho...
    Teacher

    To see your teacher (past or present) in your dream, suggests that you are seeking some advice, guidance, or knowledge. You are heading into a new path in life and ready to learn by example or from a past experience. Consider your own personal experiences with that particular teacher. What subject was taught? Alternatively, it may relate to issues with authority and seeking approval. You may [sic: 'be'] going through a situation in your waking life where you feel that you are being treated like a student or in which you feel you are being put to a test.

- - -
What? That's insane. This dream wasn't at all about tests. Tests? I hate tests. I was really hoping that the interpretation would have been something out of Soap Opera Digest! I woke up with a wonderful feeling about life and my 'ex crush'...now, I'm bummed. I think I'll go back to bed and see if I can pick up where I had such wonderful feelings...I'm adult now, and so was Mr. Williams...tho, I grew older, and he didn't!! Does that tell you anything? Maybe I'll go look up 'crush' or 'love' and see what that tells me. I gotta find something good from this dream or I'll be 'crushed'!!!


    Crush

    To dream that you are crushing something, denotes that you are under tremendous stress over a decision that you need to make.

    To dream that you have a crush on somebody, is a literal reflection of your attraction and fascination for that person. To see your crush in your dream, represents your current infatuation with him or her. If you find yourself thinking about him during the day, then it is understandable that his image will appear in your dream during the night. If your dream that your crush rejects you, refers to not knowing how he or she really feels about you and whether he likes you or not.

    If you dream that somebody has a crush on you, then it represent you own sense of worthiness and esteem.

    To dream about a former crush, refers to that particular period in your life and what you were feeling. The former crush represents a point in time when you first had the crush on that person.

    To dream that your crush rejects you or stood you up, represents your feelings of insecurities and anxieties. The idea of not knowing how your crush feels about you is driving you nuts. Assuming that he or she will reject you before you actually know, saves your from getting hurt. You are afraid to find out how he or she feels about you.


There, now it's at least a bit of reality! No exam necessary today, thank gawd. But, I still remain anxious to finish the dream, hoping it doesn't end in a nightmarish finale!!

[ps...there was another man teacher in school that I had a crush on...in high school, Mr. Robert Webb. Biology. Va, va, va, voom!!! That may be another blog moment sometime down the line when another dream pops into my night's slumber! Who knows]

<><><>

...and speaking of school days -I used to love getting these in my specially made Valentine Box. Many many years ago. So, I'm going to send this along to bloggers who have made blogging fun in many diverse ways...they've cheered me without knowing, they've done extraordinary work on keeping up a weekly meme, they've made me smile, they've been very kind to me, they've inspired me, encouraged me, --for many reasons:





Mary
Grams
Pea
Ellen
Karen
Betty
Skittles
TNChick
Tiggerlane
Sharon


It's just a 'Valentine Card' . [click to load and save] If you'd like to pass it on, feel free to do so. That's entirely up to you. But, coming from me....you'll never feel forced into doing something that you're not comfortable with doing. I'll be passing out more in time also; during the next few days before Valentine's Day.

13 comments :

  1. Good Morning Anni,
    I enjoyed reading about your dream. I had to LOL at the part that you scratched out "time in jail". LOL. I used to feel the same way sometimes when I was in a certain class that I didn't like. I remember having some "Hunka Hunka Burnin' Love" men for teachers while I was in School also. I'm sure had I dreams about them, but I can't remember them now. LOL. I guess the old-age timer is kickin' in on me. LOL. That was hilarious of you getting in trouble on purpose. LOL. Only something that Anni would do huh? LOL. I've gotten to where lately I have horrible dreams that really scare the fire out of me. I have to wake myself up because I am just scared to death. My heart is beating 90 to nothing as well. It takes me a good while to calm back down. Most of them are of my DH having an affair with someone else. Now I know he would never do that to me becaue I know deep down that he Loves me very much. I was telling him about these dreams and he said it was probably because he is gone more now than before. I totally Trust my DH as well. "THANK YOU" so much for this Valentine's Card Anni. I so appreciate you thinking of me. Let me be the first to tell you that you inspire me and you are always putting a smile on my face and cheering me up. I just love you to pieces. "THANK YOU" again so much for this. I remember getting little Valentine's like these in Elementary School. We would always fix us up a decorated box and then on Valentine's Day we would exchange Valentine's Cards and have a party. Those were the days. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely way to start my day...getting a gorgeous little Valentine from you:-) Thank you so much dear Anni, I love it!! I love the friendship we have, it goes so much beyond just blogging.

    Isn't it weird the dreams we can have at times...truly does make you wonder why we should suddenly dream about a person from our past! Do you know if that teacher is still alive? I don't recall ever having a crush on a male teacher...they were either very old or very ugly! lol

    My mom & Ross are coming over for dinner today so I'm looking forward to spending time with them:-) Hope your day is a terrific one!! Thank you again for my Valentine. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way would I skip past your dream! Ya know.. I'm pretty good at interpreting dreams, too. :) If I had the details, I would be glad to give this a shot.

    Thank you so much for the award!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Anni!

    I am so honored and touched that you wanted to give me a Valentine. I love it and will post it as soon as I get a chance! You are a sweetie!

    I loved your story about your teacher and the dream. It is so neat how people influence our lives along the way. That's interesting about the dream interpretation, I want to look some of mine up! I have a recurring dream over the years that I fall off a roof or fall down steep, crazy steep stairs. Maybe I feel out of control with my life...lol....you think with all these men that I live with???

    Have a beautiful Sunday!

    Hugs~ Sharon
    P.S. You probably already know by now I am terrible with grammar! I don't know how I graduated, but I did and I feel like my grammar skills are terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anni,

    You've made my day once again. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! The Valentine is beautiful. I used to enjoy getting them as well. I have some packed away in a box somewhere. I must see if I can find them.

    I loved hearing about your school days and seeing the photo of your school. Somewhere there should be picture of the old one-room school that I attended. I must get to Mom's and go through some old photos.

    Did you pick up your copy of the Valentine's card that is for all my blogging friends? It is on the sidebar near the top. I would love you to have a copy.

    Take care and thanks again. You've made my day once again.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not a Dream intepretator (May be that's a good thing to avoid mardreams), but I'm sure wify would be enchanted by hearing your are dreaming about the good teacher.
    i do have a book on dreams - how to understand. interesting.

    have a great wek to come. We have been very intensivly busy - it's blogged.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anni,
    I've got a post up about your award it's here
    http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/02/03/two-awards-id-like-to-acknowledge/

    thanks again :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for the sweet card!

    Can't wait for Fun Monday - my post is turning out to be more difficult than I thought.

    Happy Valentine's to you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Anni, your post brought back memories of my crush on a teacher at school. I was at a girls' school in New Zealand and we had Mr Kirby for English. He was Australian, tall, blonde with dimples and the whole school was in love with him.

    I was a bit like you, getting caught and one day I was flicking rolled up bits of paper off my ruler to my friend on the other side of the classroom, and giggling to myself at the puzzled look on her face when these little balls of paper landed on her desk.

    The next moment, Mr Kirby was right behind me and gave me a hell of a fright, so much so that I jumped and yelled out s**t! much to the delight of the class.

    He said to me later than he didn't know I knew such language, I replied, neither did I, sir...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for sharing this, you are a real treat.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Anni!! so nice to be able to come and read your blog today!! I have been gone to Illinois now for a week. I am flying back to Georgia (home) tomorrow. We have had 6 inches of snow and cold temps. I am ready for some SUN...
    I was wondering as I read this post what that wonderful teacher crush of yours...wonder what he looks like now!!?? smile.
    Great Dream!! Hmm!! Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fun post! I love wacky dreams, too... had one just last night, in fact. Maybe it was just a good night for dreaming, hmm? But I never thought to Google for an interpretation! Too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Anni,Just got on the computer and found your note in my commets!
    Thank You so much for the valentine! How sweet you are!!
    I love it!!
    I liked your post too! I think at one time or other we all have had a crush on the teacher!! When I was in High School one of the senior girls fell for the Coach and after school was out that summer they started dating and in time they were married! For almost 50 years!! Thanks again for such a cute valentine! Love and Hugs Carolyn

    ReplyDelete

.