“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes







Join Here


~...HEADS OR TAILS


February 19: HEADS - Anything that starts with the letter P

"Perusing Pages of Possibilities for "P" Projects...it's a Profound Presumption that ol' Pal Hootin' Anni has Perhaps been Profiteering over Practicing with....Pot!!




POTTED PENGUINS



- - -


POTTED Pussycat



Materials Needed:

* 2 inch Terra Cotta Clay Pot
* 1 1/2 inch Wooden Ball Head
* Fun Foam
* Paint
* Clear Acrylic Sealer Spray
* Glue (hot glue gun preferred)

Instructions:
Wipe down your terra cotta pot with a damp cloth and let dry completely. Paint the clay pot and the wooden ball head the desired colors. Put them aside to dry.
Once the paint is dry, glue the wooden ball onto the bottom of the clay pot. Paint a nose, eyes, mouth, and whiskers on the wooden ball. Once all your paint is dry, spray it with the clear acrylic sealer. Cut ears out of fun foam and glue them onto the head. Cut an 'S' shaped tail and glue it to the back of your cat. This part is optional! Cut two half circles out of fun foam, and glue them onto the bottom edge of the clay pot for feet. Your cat is now complete.
To copy directions, go here Family Crafts

- - -

POTTED Polar Person



PDF Craft Link

- - -

POTTED PEOPLE



Find directions HERE

- - -

POTTED PECKER



- - -

POTTED Person [of straw --as in scarecrow]



Directions HERE

-FOR EASTER-

PETER Cottontail


Clay Pot Easter Bunny

-and-

Perky PECKER

Clay Pot Easter Chick

[all images are borrowed from the respective links]

~...end Heads or Tails
[scroll down to animated signature for commenting]



<><><>

~...Ten on Tuesday


10 Things You Love

1]I LOVE the sounds of nature... a) A sparkling brook flowing over pebbles makes for such a relaxed feeling...a blissful state of mind. b) The sweet song of a Mockingbird in the shrubbery in our yard. All's well with the world! c) The sound of raindrops falling! d) The sound of distant thunder. Not to mention the 'feeling' of nature ---the warm sun filtering through the window on a winter's day, the crisp fresh air after a rainstorm, the thin mountain air atop a high peak, the fragrance of roses......

2)I LOVE the colors...dark vivid deep colors. Forest green, deep rich purple, the warm heated yellow, the dark royal blue. The colors of a sunset --crimson, mauve, orange, gray, lavander, pale yet soft cream white.

3)I LOVE the ocean... The sound the waves make, singing in my ears, as they hit the shore or outcropping. The seagulls flitting above my head, laughing as they go about their business, the silent, swift gliding of pelicans just inches off the waters surface only to dive head first in for the catch of the day. The salt, fishy, odor of the sea. The cool green color. The shells and beach combing. The soft shifting sands. And the challenge of avoiding at all costs, the jelly fish that have washed ashore!!

4]I LOVE the odor of bread baking. Or a sweet aroma of a homemade apple pie. Turkey roasting in the oven, the smells of Thanksgiving and Autumn.

5]I LOVE to hear my kitties talk to me with their 'meows' when they think it's time for their feeding. It makes me feel wanted and needed for their survival...and their happy contented purrs on my lap. I also love to be there with their comb and brush them and watch them enjoy the attention I give them.

6]I LOVE baseball!!! In the Spring, the first sound I hear of the crack of the bat! The hot dogs at a ballpark. The close scores of a game. The Grand Slams!! And the 7th innning stretch...all in the name of America's Sport!!

7]I LOVE pepperoni pizza!! Yep, and that will probably be carved on my tombstone. [get it? Tombstone? Pizza? LOL Okay, so I'll shut up....no not until I say my 'piece' ---I think that the product's name is quite subliminal here ---it's fat, fat, fat ---and deadly. Okay, NOW I'll shut up!!!]

8]I LOVE to lay on freshly, dried in the open air bedding! There is nothing in the world quite as sweet.

9]I LOVE art. Abstract, Impressionistic, sculpture, entertainment, prose, poetry, books, ---anything that allows me to learn while I view it. [even participating in forms of art myself is something I love to do, drawing, painting, crafting, writing]

10]Other than my favorites listed on my sidebars ---naturally and without a doubt--- I LOVE my family. There is something about the bonding of blood through the bloodlines and the history of my being...not only my OWN offspring but the ones yet to come ---and the ones left behind!!

<><><>

Okay, so I'm preparing spicy burritos for dinner. I have the chili verde gravy [homemade] poured over the tortilla and filling. I have the extra sharp cheddar cheese grated and the sour cream, along with shredded lettuce and diced tomatoes and salsa and jalapeno peppers for topping them when they come out all hot and bubbly! Yummy. I go and place the first plate-ful in the microwave for heating them up so I can top it while cooking the other one for our dinner. By this time, smelling all the wonderful, delectable odors of the chili and the garlic and the peppers, my mouth is truly watering in anticipation of the first bite! But, wait, what happened? While I was taking the Tequizas out to the living room to place them on our TV trays, something stopped. What? Hmmmmm, there's no sound of the oven running!! I stepped back up from the living room's sunken floor and I could smell something HOT ---no it wasn't the spices. It was an electrical hot!!! The microwave wasn't working! And the kitchen soon became filled with that nauseating electrical heating. I quickly unplugged it. It --the whole piece of microwave box [inside and out] was extremely hot! I tested the wall socket with my hand mixer...they both worked! ACK!! The microwave broke...stopped, nada, zilch zero...no power, nothing.

Then, I had to have some blood work the next morning, early. Of course I have to fast 12 hours beforehand. I made sure I left before 7 and got to the blood lab as they opened at 7:30am...heavy rush hour traffic and all. Just so I could get that done and get to Wal Mart to get me a NEW microwave. Over the last 20 years I've become very dependent on it since it's just the two of us I have to cook for. Yep, VERY dependent.



So, I got one. The old oven that we tossed in the trash dumpster for pick-up was purchased in Colorado!!! When our daughter was still living with us. She left for Florida in July of 1987. So it had to have been purchased in 1986! Twenty-two years with no repair work...not bad, huh? I made sure I got the same brand as the old one. It's bigger in size, but I also wanted one with a turn-table like the old one too. You betcha!! I'm once again set for preparing quickie meals I've fixed beforehand and have them for 'the ready' in the freezer! Ahhhhhhhhhhh, blissful.

34 comments :

  1. Good Evening Anni,
    Okay now, you almost had me with the word POT. ROFLMBO. I had to hurry and scroll on down to see what it meant. LOL. The Potted Penguins are just so adorable. The Potted Pussycat is just too cute. I so love the Potted Polar Bear Person. The Potted People are just so cute. I do love those. Okay, I'm LOL at the Potted Pecker. He is just too funny. The Potted Scarecrow and Peter Cottontail are just so adorable. Did you make all of these? I enjoyed reading your 10 things you love. My favorite of yours is #7. That was just too funny there. I do love your new Microwave. We can't do without one now can we? I had been using one that my Mom gave me that she had for years and it quit on my a couple of weeks ago. So, I had one that my Parents had bought me and my first husband years ago and my now DH had sit it outside on the storm cellar over at the old house and he went and got it and plugged it up and would you believe it worked. Yep, it sure did. It had even been rained on too. Go figure. I'll use that until I can afford to buy me a new one. I must say you got your money's worth out of your old one and then some. Take care my friend and have a great evening/morning. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni,

    I love all the pots. I think I will see if I can make the Peter Cottontail one for the boys for Easter. Or maybe I will see if they want to make them on Spring Break, which is just the week before Easter. That would be something to keep them occupied while Mom is recuperating and I'd gladly help them.

    I know how it is to have that electrical smell in the house. It is hard to get rid of too. Dwight plugged his rechargeable flashlight into the wall socket and suddenly I could smell hot electrical. The flashlight was literally melting. Glad you caught it before it caught fire.

    I absolutely love your new microwave. You will enjoy it. I had one for 17 years and thought it did good. Yours was outstanding. I hope the new one has the same longevity.

    I have already posted for tomorrow. I leave here about 6:45 to be at Michelle's for her to leave for the hospital at 7am. Her surgery is tomorrow at 9:15 EST.

    Take care, my friend. I always enjoy my visits here.

    Love and blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those crafts are so cute sweetie. I love your new microwave, hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning Anni,
    I'm back again. LOL. I just wanted to let you know that I have something for you on my today's post. I have re-done my blog, so when you stop by, don't panic. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hi Annie - I love those potted crafts .I am going to get crafty for Easter. I think - great Hottie potties !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did you make all of those.

    That snowman is awesome. I love it.

    I might want to try it but i'd be scared i'm not that good.

    Seriously those are cute. Happy Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the pots! I may try to make some of those!
    Have a great tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Heads or Tails! Cute pots!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Except n° 6 and 7 (no peperoni on pizza for me) I love the same things as you.
    But with your pot post I went completely wrong before I saw the cute "pots" I had read "Anni has perhaps been profiteering over practicing with pot" and expected a pot smoking Anni, lol ! I had just learned this word and was so proud to understand what I thought you meant !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those pot crafts are absolutely adorable! Good choice for H or T.

    I love the ocean and the smell of baking bread, too - but definitely not having something go wrong with the microwave. We have one downstairs that is at least 20 years old, but we don't use it all the time. It would be a good back up if anything happened to the one in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Potted penguins for me, please!
    You know... I love penguins :)

    Thanks for visiting me earlier today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That potted snowman is absolutely precious!!! Happy Tuesday! Your blog looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those potted crafts are great if one is "p"roficient at arts and craft...which I am "p"athetic at....great post for the theme...

    ReplyDelete
  14. How cool! Very neat stuff. Thanks for sharin'!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow! Those pots are terrific!!!

    I've often thought about taking up a hobby like that. Remember when doing ceramics was all the rage? Back when there used to be Tupperware parties? Whatever happened to Tupperware parties anyway?

    I took up painting once. :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL! You are always so creative with your posts! The "pot" cracked me up! All those crafts are just too darn cute!! I love the fact you told us how to make them. Aren't you just so much fun? Happy Tuesday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anni,just came to visit,and I really enjoy your pots.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am really glad that I scrolled down first...(pot)...oooogttareadthisone....
    I am not sure if I was releived or disappointed....LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. ROFLMBO!!! I don't know if you're on POT or not ... but I hope your POT's not CRACKED!!! Really... those are some adorable little projects!

    I can relate to your wanting to get to the blood lab early! Honest injun... I spent MORE time in doctor's offices and labs and radiologists than I EVER thought imaginable!!! Last week I was in a different drs. office every single DAY - and two on two days!!! And this week is shapin' up the same! I had a dentist visit this morning -- to adjust the new choppers -- and Mom had a Carotid Doppler this afternoon. I have a pre-op with the periodontist on Thurs. and mom has some memory psych something evaluation on Friday! Sheeeeesh.... It's drivin' me NUTS! Got NO time to visit with that darlin' grandbaby!

    I DO hope while you were over today you scrolled down to the "toothless" smile -- you missed IT the other day-- it's a GEM! FIT's right in over here at the holler! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow! You're always soooo creative. Love your pots!

    ...and your talk about burritos made me really hungry. Yummy!

    My Post is P as in Portugal... OK, I succeeded to sneak in some love too.... *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those potted things, they're so cute and creative. Love your use of so many P's. Thanks for visiting my HoT post!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What cute craft projects! I love the potted pussycat! Too cute!

    Hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your Potted Projects fit this weeks meme perfectly. These look like a neat hobby to get into. Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Aw those potted pets and friends are too cute! I used to love doing crafts like these!

    ReplyDelete
  25. OMG...Potted Pussy! To Die For! LOL! I can't wait to try that project! Thanks so much for sharing such interesing craft ideas! I have to say the penguins are gorgeous, too! I have a friend who collect penguins! I, on the other hand, collect putty tats! :) Have a wonderful week, Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love all the potted crafts. Very creative!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for visiting!

    I lovvvve your entry.
    I have one potted baby, so adorable.
    You make me want to make a few myself.

    Maybe I should pot all my kids...thanks for the idea!

    Your blog is great!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your P are perfect love it. I also really like your background it is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love your HoT. I'm gonna have to show this craft to my daughter. She'll love it.
    So cute! But you had me at POT too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Anni. I love the cool potted crafts you posted. I will keep them in mind. I'm sure they will come in handy for a future project that my son can do.

    ReplyDelete
  31. My SIL's sister made little pot ladies as party favors for her shower. They were cute like the ones you have shared.

    Hope you enjoy your new microwave! You will find it much more efficient than your old "clunker".

    ReplyDelete
  32. I am saving this post for the potted creatures. It is a wonderful activity for kids. Thank you for the directions and link! My HoT is here, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I came for the p's and really enjoyed your potteds and prosed p's. Nice!

    ReplyDelete

.