my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




My Thursday Thirteen list is below my displaying of this great award I received yesterday morning.



I was listed as 'nutty'!! I like it. And yes, I am a little nutty. So, it's very fitting I received this ---

I'm now officially a member of the "nuttified" bloggers --Jos at NoDirecton left me this little note: "I have added you to the list of bloggers that are a "Little Nutty". Enjoy! :))"


<><><>



[graphic made for my blog only]


Happy Mew Year!
Here are 13 random thoughts through a cat's psyche.



1] Our Cat, Tahoe: You know when people see a cat's litter box, they always say, "Oh, have you got a cat?" Just once I wish Anni'd say: "No, it's for company!"

2] Our Cat, Winston: Any pill given to me has potential energy to reach escape velocity.

3] Our Cat, Tahoe: This is to all of my human buddies...."Meow" is like "Aloha" ---it can mean much more....it can be multi-meaningful.

4] Our Cat, Winston: Think of us as pygmy lions who love mice, hate dogs and tolerate humans.

5] Our Cat, Tahoe: As housepets, remember: "We're over-qualified".

6] Our Cat, Tahoe: After scolding us, and you look into our faces and you've an ugly suspicion that we understood every word....we do, we did, and we filed it under WGAS!! [Who Gives A Sh * t!]

7] Our Cat, Winston: Humans: No fur, no paws, no tail. They run away from mice. They never get enough sleep. How can you help but love such an absurd critter?

8] Our Cat, Winston: I don't like change. Perhaps if you'd ask for my consent first? Let's work on this this year, okay?

9] Our Cat, Tahoe: Hootin' Anni and me, we do as we please. Bud just needs to get used to the idea!!

10] Our Cat, Tahoe: Learn from me. I never cry over spilled milk... just lap it up to experience!!

11] Our Cat, Winston: If you don't like cleaning....find some cat food that matches the carpet!!

12] Our Cat, Winston: We cats are not cooks/chefs. The only thing we know how to make from scratch is a purr!!! And Tahoe is filing this away in WGAS again!!

13] Both say: A rose has thorns, cats have claws. We're both worth a risk!


<><><>


To err is human, to purr ---feline!!
~Robert Byrne

31 comments :

  1. Have you seen The Pink Flamingo's kitty New Year's Resolution list for Bad Cats?

    You have good cats - enjoy it.

    SJR
    The Pink Flamingo
    http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nos. 1 & 11 are killing me, Anni! Great list. Lots of fun. You deserve the award, to be sure. God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd like my cat to say outloud what he thinks... Can you read his mind please???? ;)

    Happy new year!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have two cats that I'm sure have similar thoughts. Love their quotes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your list...if my cat was doing the takin she'd be sayin..."hey, hey,hey, What ya got there, you going to eat it or can I have it?" Great fun, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Evening Anni,
    "CONGRATULATION'S" on your "Nutty Award". You truly deserve it. I just love your witty self. You always put a smile on my face when I come for a visit. I love your "Thursday Thirteen" as well. I especially like #1 & #6. Those are just too cute. "THANK YOU" for sharing your "Thursday Thirteen" with us. I so enjoyed it. It's going to be another cold night here tonight. It's already down to 20 degrees. It only got to 30 degrees today. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous list - I must try your suggestion in #1. My cats also have a lot of things filed away under WGAS. Happy TT!

    (My TT list is up at Siani's Pot-Pourri).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now thats funny!! Happy TT. Great list:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i think my zoecat has occasionally said just those things.

    happy TT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations to your nuts award, lol ! I very much agree to n° 5 what Tahoe says : "we are over-qualified" !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations for the award. I don't have a cat but I agree to #s 10 and 13.
    By the way, I wanted to send you an email but couldn't find yours. This is a new me. Email me your email address and you'll know who I am.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very creative. And I happen to be a cat lover too. :-)


    Happy TT!
    My Thursday Thirteen #6

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cats are much politer and wiser than mine! Great kitteh quotes!

    13 Unresolved Issues from 2007

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Anni ~~Have been reading your posts, and enjoyed them. Some funny jokes among them. Thanks for your comments and the New Year wishes. I want to wish the same to you and your family. Health (most important) and
    happiness, peace and joy. Hope you have it all in 2008. Take care,
    Love, Merle.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi, Hottin' Anni! trying to catch up... first of all: happy New Year!
    congrats on being "nuttified"!!!

    I don't have a cat but love felines and your quotes :)
    Cheers and have a great Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love #13!! Awesome list and funny too. Happy TT!



    http://katskrackerbox.wordpress.com/2008/01/03/thursday-thirteen-23-13-things-about-bauxite-arkansas/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a purrfect list Annie! Now why haven't we seen it going around the forward emails - it's just too precious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great T13 list - very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a great list! LOL :)

    #1 reminds me of my oldest DS. He comes home from school every day that he has his guitar with him and says people ask him "Oh ... Do you play the guitar?" Um ... What do you think?

    Haha!! Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list, and I like the witty comeback about the litterbox...you need to use that. Love the new look for the blog too, very awesome!
    Happy New Year Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anni, I'm not a cat lover...but it's amazing you can read your kitties' minds!! :) I got a good laugh! And congrats to you for the award!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think my cat Jarren agrees with your kitties!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I always use the litter box when I visit friends with cats. It drives the cats nuts and the friends have to re-train them!

    ReplyDelete
  24. What a great list! Number 1 made me laugh out loud!

    By the way, I love the new header for your blog...you always have the greatest art for your blog.

    OH, and I just noticed the Robert Frost poem on your sidebar, it's also one of my favorites. Along with E.E.Cummings, Frost is one of my favorite poets of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Funny list. Happy TT.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Anni, these are really cute! Looks like you have cat humor down pat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love #1 the most, typical me!

    *giggles*

    ReplyDelete
  28. what a great list!
    I wish you could have seen my house the other morning.
    The cats woke us up too early for breakfast so John got up, put 3 cans (unopened) on paper plates then went back to bed.
    He said, just see if you can open it yourselves...rofl.

    Thank goodness they could not!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anni, where have you been..missing reading your blogs. I hope you are all right..Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  30. I wonder why your new posts don’t show up in my Google Reader? It’s very strange. Congrats on your award and thanks again for the headers. I used one today and noticed others had done so also. I enjoyed your T-13 about Winston and Tahoe (great names by the way).

    I don't recall whether or not I mentioned it previously ... but thanks for the 'blessing' as we leave comments ;--)
    Hugs and blessings,

    ReplyDelete

.