my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out






Tuesday afternoon [4:30PM]: Mary directed me from a comment left here to this wonderful blessing. When I get caught up from missing out on so much visiting today, I'll get to passing this on to others. Mary, I thank you from the bottom of my heart. It has truly brightened my day.

And at 5:18PM, I got a comment from Talk to Grams....she, presented me with this Young At Heart Award.
Thank you dear one. I really appreciate it. And as I told you, sometimes I'm probably young at heart to where it's sinful. LOL






&

~HEAD OR TAILS~
Today, January 29: TAILS - Who would you like to meet and why?

Oh boy....you got me here.
I would love to meet many.

From a personal aspect there are two Danish ladies that I've known online and we have become friends through emails, mail, chats and message board groups goin' on about 10 years or more! They're both such super women. I would dearly love to meet them in person! And I feel very confident that some day a newfound online friend I may get to meet in person....

Mutti and I share a special bonding and interest of her culture, her lifestyle, her wit, our secrets, and much much more. We've exchanged gifts, and shared our families lives with each other as no two people can online. Friendship is a wonderful given thing for us humans. It'd be nice to meet my friend Mutti.

Lady Lisa is another online friend. We've exchanged a lot in the last ten years or so. I remember how pleased I was by her first message to me...she was so kind, so straight forward and we've grown with an online companionship that is indescribable. LL is also Danish. American born, but living way up north!!!!

Mary is one that I'd love to meet in person. We two have quite a lot of interests in common I think. And we're both of the same age...it'd be fun to meet her!!

- - -

On the 'not so personal' level of wanting to meet someone, in other words, just a pipe dream; a fantasy, would be meeting [or to HAVE met] with:

Indira Priyadarshini Gandhi Being the only woman to date to have been a highly respected [worldwide] prime minister of India would be a far and away experience to learn what her life was like, and how she reacted AND acted upon so many situations.

John Wilkes Booth A long time ago, I was asked the very same question: Who would you like to meet...and this historical legend of America's past has always been a very fascinating subject. I would have dearly liked to interview him for me writing his biography!! I have had the opportunity to visit the Ford's Theater and Peterson House and the museum below the theater...and I have spent many hours there...it's such an extraordinary event in our history and he was such a controversial character. I feel so many times when I read about him that even tho he was a conspirator, what I'm reading about him ---is it/was it, all true? And the only way to really know would be to have met him!!!

Katherine Hepburn. What else can I say? The name is enough to be a reason to want to have met her in person. I admired her in so many ways. But most of all, I admired her spunk in not following anyone...like a sheep....she lived her life how she wanted, and was not enticed by anything Hollywood. She cared not what people said of her. She was Kate...pure and simple!!

Johnny Depp. He is another actor that is not Hollywood. He lives his own style and doesn't care what others think of him. I like his style. He may be an ass or he may be a sweetie, who knows. But to meet with him on a personal level would be something I'd like. [I would dearly love to know on a first hand basis from his childhood just what made him an 'indiviualistic' person.]

Writers such as Robert Frost, Edgar Allan Poe, Dickens, Shakespeare. All because of their legendary abilities to make people read more of them! Also, a living author, Gregory Maguire. I like his books. His uniqueness.

And then on a generic sense, I'd like to meet with someone that is in the midst of discovering a new cure and be part of it if not just 'near' them when the revelation occurs. Or, a magazine photographer...to be with them when they photograph an award winning picture. Oh so many I'd like to be near and get to 'know them'.

<><><>

~Ten on Tuesday

10 Things You’d Buy If You Had a Million Dollars
(and you had to spend it on yourself)

First of all, tho there are material things I would dearly love to have or think I would need [like a new computer] - if I don't have it I would miss it, but, I don't feel I'd want to spend a goodly sum of money [like a million dollars] on ME for my personal gain!! There are way too many more important things, like leaving a legacy.


1] Yes, this would be FOR ME [my feeling is if I spent it on charities, this would be spending for myself ---it would make my 'self' -my inner self, feel good] ---I've always contributed to the Down Syndrome Society, but since my daughter stayed near the Children's Hospital at a Ronald McDonald House during the trying months after our grandson's open heart surgery...I would like to donate to that VERY house!! It would be for ME 'cause it'd make ME feel I was giving back!! And I look at it this way: I'm buying an investment for the future parents/family who need places like this. You don't know how hard it is until you've lived it.
2-10 on my list:] The money would go charities, to invest the money into charities of my choice would suffice and I would consider that for ME, and my self repsect.

<><><>



Mary at Mary's Writing Nook presented me with this award and I wanted to display it with pride and with many thanks for her thinking of me. Thank you kindly dear friend!!!

<><><>

[PS....I started painting our spare bedroom Monday after lunch, and will probably give the walls another coat of paint, so be patient, I will try to get back to visit everyone who leaves a comment. Hugs 'round!!!]

23 comments :

  1. Hey sweetie, hope you have a nice week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Evening Anni,
    You have alot of people there on your list to meet or have wanted to meet. Those are some wonderful people whether they are living or legends. There are so many I would like to meet as well, but I wouldn't know where to begin. I am so proud that you would donate your money to charities of your choice if you had a Million Dollars. That would be the best way to use the money. Me, I would pay off debts first and buy new things that I needed and just had to have, you know necessities, and then donate to some charity or charities. I've never had lots of money, so I wouldn't really know what I would do if I had a Million Dollars. They would probably have to pick me up off the ground first. LOL. "CONGRATULATION'S" on a very well deserved Award. You do cheer me up when I come visit you. Now you need to take pictures of your spare bedroom that you are painting and let us see what you have done with it. I love to look at people's houses and see how they have them decorated. Take care my friend and have a great evening. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would have given money to charity but I tried to stick by the rules. It was really hard this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... Johnny Deep - dressed like Captain James Sparrow... *grin*

    I wouldn´t say "No"

    Love your choices, Anni - especially those online-friends. You know, Denmark is a pretty country, a great Cyber Cruise destination... *wink*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have met more than a few people in "real life" that I first became acquainted with online and I have to say, I've not once been disappointed. I hope you get to meet those friends. :)

    I got distracted by your list of songs over there--> Man, oh man. We sure get together and listen to music sometime! Dick Clark once said, "Music is the soundtrack of my life."

    I couldn't agree more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It would be nice if you could make a big garden party and invite all people you like to meet ! lol ! I can come over to help you !
    BTW who organizes Heads & Tails ? Is there a special blog or does it work like Fun Monday ? I am thinking of participating. I saw it on several blogs today but couldn't find out more about it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I WOULD LOVE to marry...uh, I mean meet Johnny Depp!! What a great list! Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So much to coment on and alas so little time...First John Wilkes Booth, How interesting that e would make your list. I recently watched something on PBS about him and learned, the DR. that set his leg after the assasination went to prison for aiding and abetting a criminal.
    Second, Kate...in my opinion that is enough said. You have to love the slacks! What a free spirit! and finally....What colors did you choose for the spare room?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well..if it wasn't for the rule..I'll have given some of the $$ to some charities mainly for autistic children & the deaf..
    Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Popped in to let you know there is now a variety of tags for your website that announce that you are a Magnificent Mama of the Universe, please pop in and get one.
    The Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. hope you meet your danish friends

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love to start a research foundation on educational alternatives for autistic students (having two autistic children myself, it's near and dear to me) But honestly, I don't think I'd do it with my first million. Instead I'd want to get things settled for the kids (have a home) and provide some experiences for them (travel) that they might have difficulty doing on their own because of their disabilities.

    With my second million I'd buy homes for all four of my children, and with my third I'd finally be able to support the causes I care so much about.

    I really found this an interesting question at this time, with the US plummeting toward recession.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thats a lot list of people you want to meet but hope you will meet them soon. TC

    ReplyDelete
  14. Anni,

    You and I have many things in common and I also would give most of a million dollars to charities. I agree with the Downs Syndrome and Ronald McDonald House. I would also give money for Autism Research. As you know, Brandon has Aspergers and there is so much that isn't known about it.

    You are such a dear to want to meet me. And I want to meet you as well. One day I plan to come to Texas, God willing and the creek don't rise. LOL

    Please drop over to my blog. I have a blessing for you there.

    Love you, my friend,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. I really like the creative way you approached the "spend it all on yourself" restriction for this week's Ten on Tuesday. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes, isn't it wonderful how many friends we have met in the internet? I first thought that I would write: all my A-Team Cyber Cruisers, but then I stumbled over something else very impressive....

    BTW: Have you read my earlier post about the move of the Cyber Cruise?

    If not read this post:
    Cyber Cruisers New Travel Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great (and interesting) choices on whom you would like to meet. I get the feeling you've put a lot of thought into this.

    How wonderful that you would chose to give back to those that have been so good to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh yes, there are several online friends whom I would love to meet!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You put it much more eloquently than I did in my #10! Have a great week!

    Jennifer :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. What an interesting group of people to want to meet. John Wilkes Booth...I never would've thought.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dearest Anni,

    I so enjoyed reading your Head or Tails...it truly would be hard to pick who you would most want to meet. Like you, I would love to meet friends from far away:-)

    As for how I'd want to spend a million dollars....hmmmm, I would love to win it, just so I can decide what to spend it on! lol

    Having just finished painting and redecorating my computer room, I understand perfectly how time consuming it can be. Good luck with your painting...wish I could go over and help you!!

    Congratulations on the award, you certainly do cheer all of us up:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. I have something for you over at my blog The Young At Heart award! I don't know if you have this one or not! I have been to the Dr today I have the junk that is going around ! Love Grams

    ReplyDelete
  23. I hope you get to meet your online friends soon. That would be so great!

    ReplyDelete

.