“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes









The fun part of my Sunday Snippet First...
I saw this on ABC News the other night and had to do a Google Search to share it...

It's a hoot, I think! I love the one that has his/her arms stretched to capture all the heat.



Lemurs by a Space heater!

<><><>



I ask: "Are these people CRAZY?"

I just remain speechless on this. I realize that the storm of history came down upon them, and they lost everything...but to sue at such an outrageous sum to put the country of ours in ruin is just outlandish. ::shaking head in disgust:: Lawsuits are the 'way of life' it seems these days. I get so frustrated hearing/reading this kinda thing. Even if it IS just to get a point across to the nation! Lives are not something you can put a price tag on!!! [For the whole segment 'click on crazy above']

<><><>

Well ya-a-ah!! Have these people SEEN the gasoline prices soaring? I mean, really, who has money left over for luxuries such as gift giving when you have to buy groceries, pay the 'living expenses', and buy for the car to get you to and from the grocery stores?


...read on--


Retailers Had Weak Sales in December
Thursday January 10, 8:41 am ET
By Anne D'Innocenzio, AP Business Writer
Retailers Report Weak Results for December As Gas Prices, Slumping Housing Market Take Toll

NEW YORK (AP) -- An already weak holiday shopping season turned out to be even worse than expected for many of the nation's retailers, who reported Thursday they had disappointing sales results for December. The poor performance raised more concerns about consumer spending, and in turn, the health of the economy.

The weak results came from across all retail categories, and prompted many stores to lower their fourth-quarter earnings forecasts. Particularly hard hit were apparel sellers including Limited Brands Inc. and AnnTaylor Stores Corp., as well as department stores including Macy's Inc......... To continue, use this as a link--


4 comments :

  1. Good Morning Anni,
    I had seen this on t.v. this past week as well. Rather interesting I would say. Girl, I know what you mean by people suing people. It's just outrageous. Some people will do just about anything to try and get a big sum of money. Heck, I think us poor folks have a hard enough time as it is. I know why the Economy is in such a bad shape. The gas prices have gone down some here this past week. Me and DH got some gas up at the Missouri State Line Friday afternoon for $2.74 a gallon. That's the cheapest I've seen it so far. Here in our town it's $2.89 a gallon. That's down from last weekend's price of $3.09 a gallon. I seen on our local T.V. Station's Website last night about Wal-Mart actually having a good turnout for their Christmas shopping. They were really surprised at the turnout they had during Christmas Sales and such. I sure wish I had some "EXTRA" to buy something Luxurous after having to pay bills, and buy groceries, and other things that needs to be paid. All I can say is, "IT MUST BE NICE" to do that. Oh well, poor ole me, what do I know. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lemurs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anni,

    A terrific post and thanks for the links. People will sue over just about anything nowadays. It seems that sueing is a fast way to make a buck. We had a neighbor that would sue anyone for anything that she could. She had many trips and luxuries that she wouldn't have had without sueing. Seems it's a way of life.

    We crossed to the US at Windsor/Detroit and traveled to Florida via I75. The northern states had the highest gas prices. It was cheaper in the South. The least we paid was $2.89 per gallon - the most was $3.19. We noticed the difference as we were coming north. Instead of filling up for $30, the last tank cost us $49, which is still cheap compared to Canadian gasoline. We are paying $1.03 per liter here and there are 4.5 liters to the gallon, so we are paying about $4.64 per gallon. It costs us $60 to fill the van up here. Very expensive.

    I enjoyed your post. Don't you think that after your election that things will ease off a little?

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's getting that way here, too, Anni. I get so disgusted about people suing others for the most ridiculous reasons. Anything for money. Meanwhile our premiums are going through the roof...

    Unfortunately, Christmas sales here went through the roof. The credit cards got a thorough hiding. Then people will complain long and loudly about interest rates going up...crazy.

    ReplyDelete

.