“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes








175 WORDS CHALLENGE
[and character counter too!]

I'm the fifth of five children born to my parents. Yes, I'm the youngest one of the bunch - going on 59. My birthday is February 9th. I am an Aquarius born. But, I must add that being the youngest of five, I was unmercifully teased about being "the baby of the family!"

That's until I stayed awake one night when quite young, and transpired a gripping foolproof come-back to their picking on me.

My come-back finally had a chance to shut them up once and for all.

Hounding me one time about being just a 'baby' and not knowing what life was all about, I simply said: "Mom and Dad kept having kids 'til they finally go it right, and here I am!" That immediately shut their mouths tight and I never had to contend with their attitude that I knew nothing; ever again. Even to this day they're closed mouthed about me being the youngest!!

Take that...you 'ancient' scoundrels. That's called a 'gotcha' my fellow siblings! Three cheers for me & my clever ways of quick thinking.


WORD TOTAL: 175
CHARACTER TOTAL: 958

- - -

ARE YOU UP FOR THE CHALLENGE?
YOU CAN DO IT!
here are the:

DIRECTIONS FOR THE CHALLENGE:

Firstly, click on either link provided below.
While there at the site, type your life's event in the box provided.
Total your words.
Your entry MUST meet the challenge of 175 words!!
NO LESS!!!!
Must be 175 words at least!! If it's not, it doesn't qualify.
Then, copy and paste your life's event to your blog and place your total of words - the exact count into your blog entry also.
That's it!

If you want to invite others to the challenge from your blog -provide the PERMAlink to this blog entry here. The permalink to this blog entry only is: HERE ...click, then copy the url from your address bar and paste as a link to these directions.
(or click on the time "4:07AM" found below, either way it'll get you the same url results)



LINK TO WORD COUNTER: HERE

~or, if the above is down - click link HERE

I'd like to know you've done the meme challenge for fun. If you do, please come back and tell me in the comments section!! I'll come by for a visit.
[and you're more than welcome to use the header I made - just click on it and then save]

<><><>

<><><>


Remember the commercials back when with the Tootsie Roll Pops? And the question was: "How many swipes of your tongue [licks] it was before you get to the tootsie roll center?" Okay....I got proof! You see, when I went to get some groceries after we went to Whataburger for lunch the other day, I walked past the seasonal stuff. Valentine's Day stuff now crowds the shelves. And I spied something. Cherry Tootsie Roll Pops!! A whole bag of my favorite flavor. Naturally they came home with me. Besides, I wanted to conduct an experiment.

And to answer the age old question. FOUR Exactly FOUR!! licks. Theoretically, a very guarded scrutinized lab research. Then, I bit!!! Now, I'm headed back to the lab kitchen for that all important 2nd opinion!!!! I'm gonna have another, just to be sure. [and fyi -these are regular sized pops...not the miniature ones you find sometimes....who wants the mini's when you can have the BIG ones? I told you I'm Texan, and we Texans LIKE things big.] ◄ get your mind outta da gutter!

<><><>



And, for my Sunday's Snippet, I bring you a triple play with Maxine™ - her thoughts on the Winter Season:





<><><>


This past week, I have received two awards for my blog!

Mary presented me with this one. Thanks, Mary. You're tops!!!


Greatfullivin presented me with this. I'm very appreciative. Thank you so much!!!

12 comments :

  1. You are such a fun person, bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Anni,
    Well, I must say I enjoyed reading your 175 Word Challenge. I have already done a post for today, so I will have to pass. "THANK YOU" for the info tho. I may do it next week. I have been awake since around 8:00p.m. last night and my brain is about functioned out. LOL. That sure was one good way of letting your siblings know how you felt. YOU GO GIRLFRIEND!!!! TELL EM' LIKE IT IS!!!! I remember the Tootsie Rolls. I'm not a big fan of Cherry flavor tho. I haven't had one in a long time. I'll take your word for how many licks it takes to get to the middle. Oh my goodness, you ate at Whataburger. I haven't eaten at one of them in a very long time. My Sister once lived in Tyler, TX, and I went and stayed with her a month and she took me to some Whataburgers there. Those were some good burgers. I loved the Maxine Snippets. I really loved the last one about the teeth. That was just too funny. "CONGRATULATION'S" on your very well deserved Awards. I received both of these Awards as well this past week. In fact, my today's post is called Red Carpet Sunday. If you have time, come join in the fun. Take care my friend and have a great day. May God Bless You and Yours.

    Love & Hugs,
    Karen H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun story! Thanks for sharing. Thanks also for visiting my blog. I hope you'll come again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anni,

    We don't get Tootsie Pops here much anymore. I wonder if there are any in Wally World in the Valentine Day section. I used to love those things when I was a kid.

    Love you post, as always. You never fail to brighten my day or, as the award says, make my day.

    Your birthday is one day after my daughter, Michelle's. That I can (well I think I can) remember. LOL

    Love your fire fly award. You are most deserving of the awards you receive.

    Take care and have a relaxing Sunday.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Anni, now that's a challenge, and I do like yours...what a good comeback...heheh!

    Maxine is a woman after my own heart and I enjoy her quips.

    Congratulations on the awards, too. The firefly one reminds me of a saying I read somewhere..."It's hard to be down when the light shines out your ass"...sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Anni, My shoulder and arm are much better!
    The first Whatabuger I ever was at was down in Quito, Ecuador when my grandson John was born 20 years ago! Some one paid my way to go down there and be with Carrie when she had the new baby!! They live in Mexico now....

    I had never heard of them before then! I do know I was beside my self with joy when I was able to have a Hambuger that day!!
    Congrats on your awards!! I gave out the ones I had received while I was not blogging and I got behind and trust me I don't want to do that again!! I have one more to give out!!!
    I sure have missed every one while I was out but I did come by and read the blogs!! It is not the same when you don't leave a comment!! Have a nice Sunday! Love and Hugs, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Anni,
    I finally acknowledged the award you gave me on my blog. Forgive me for being so late, I appreciate you and your encouragement...
    http://happywonderer.wordpress.com/2008/01/27/bloggy-awards-thank-you/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ms Anni, I did the 175 word challenge using your counter. I wasn't sure how to download all of it to my site so I linked to you if people want to try it. I managed to come out at 175 after some tweaking. This was fun and I enjoyed the challenge. Have a great week - Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did the challenge!

    http://willthink4wine.com/2008/02/24/175-words-challenge/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your 175 words, and how cool that you came up with the perfect answer when you were so young. And I never saw a tootsie roll before. I've heard of them and thought they were a cake. Now I know they're a lollipop. And the cartoons are fab.
    Loving the new look again. You are so artistic. :D

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni: Thanks for going over to my blog and for the great comment you left...hugsss Mary

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hah! I am a teacher, and when students talk about birth order I've been telling them that for years..."If you're the youngest, it's because they wanted to get it right!" However, as an oldest child myself, I also like to say, "I was so awesome they wanted to do it again!"

    ReplyDelete

.