my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


We're gonna be gone for the holiday with our son. We'll be back sometime early Tuesday! I'll try and post some comments [our son has a laptop that he doesn't leave home without], if I can't --please have a safe holiday and enjoy, U S A bloggers!! And to Melli...in my absence on your birthday[the 4th]...celebrate the big 5 0 in style!!!


About | Theme: DIRTY | Roll
Next week: - MUSIC

With all the tropical waves out in the Gulf of Mexico, dumping feet of rain water, we have been in a literal quagmire!! Behind our backyard fence, we used to have an open field. Now the land has been sold, and there is a new subdivision going up at a hare's pace! Just this Spring it was only cleared out, now houses are going up, and quickly being sold and lived in!!

Yesterday morning, I woke up to this ruckus!! A loud 'whirring' sound. Coming through the kitchen, I saw above our fence this huge monstrous piece of construction equipment jutting up in the sky! This first photo is what is seen from our patio! I edited it to enlarge the machine more...the inset is the full view.

The second photo is my "DIRT"! It's actually mud! hehehehe
What a dirty job this must be. If you look closely you can see foundation form to the left front...this is directly behind our fence. We'll soon have new neighbors. [Oh by the way, this huge red monster is actually quite interesting. The cement truck you see just to its right, is unloading the cement from its tank, up into the red 'crane' and it's spewing out into the formed foundation below...you can see the construction workers getting dirty leveling and working the wet concrete to fill in the wooden forms!! Amazing. I remember when I was a kid, and building a home from ground up, it was done a lot more manually!!! The ingenuity of invention is astounding, and quite labor saving!!




Then, later in the day, the red dragon came nearer to our property line....here are a couple more 'dirty job' photos.




I came back in to upload the photos to my blog for the photo hunt, and checked to see to where Winston disappeared,---he didn't like the high pitch sound coming from the machines...
He woke up after the flash, and told me:

"IT'S A DIRTY JOB---but, somebody's gotta do it!!"



39 comments :

  1. I like the picture of the cat the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great photos. The cat seems to be taking its dirty job with fortitude! Happy weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely photos! BTW, love this template. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are fantastic shots and yep, it's a dirty job but somebody has to do it. I hope you have a great weekend out of town.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the picture of the cat. Great photos!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am fascinated by those big machines, too. And I love the show, "Dirty Jobs." :-) Love your TX pillows! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is one big construction machine! Cute cat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos...those are huge machines to do that dirty work. They do get the job done with lots of speed compared to construction years ago. What a cute cat!

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    See Mine:
    http://thelifeandtimesofgran.blogspot.com/2007/08/photo-hunters-dirty.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. great pictures! Hope you enjoy your holiday :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a monster machine!!!

    Love the cat! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pics! Have a fun trip .. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great shots and explanation.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Loved yoru "dirty" photo story!

    Come see my entry.

    ReplyDelete
  14. :) Enjoyed this post and pictures!


    Have a safe holiday.


    Junie

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the decor in the kitty picture. :) Great photos for this week's theme. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's a whole heap of dirt!

    I'm glad there are folks willing to do the dirty jobs.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You know we have exactly the same "dirt" behind our house ! 31 years we had a wonderful corn field behind our garden and now they put very ugly and uge houses there. It's really a pity. But I tell myself that for 31 years I had a nice view and our son a lot of room to play !
    I love your stretched out cat in the window, lol !

    ReplyDelete
  18. That red dragon is huge! And it is a dirty job,.. but you're right, somebody's gotta do it! Hope you have a great holiday getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You have a great holiday, Anni. Loved the photo of Winston.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The same thing is going on where i live 3000 new houses over the next 10 years, oh joy..
    I would have thought your dirty job would e something to do with socks...but as you say someone has to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hehehe.... loved your story on this.... the cat is adorable.
    The Rocky Mountain Retreat

    ReplyDelete
  22. Winston has the right idea! :) Nice sequence of photos for the theme. :)

    My Photo Hunt this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm diggin' that dirt! *giggles*

    ...and I must say that the pic of Winston is so darn good!!!! He really matches the colors of the interior, looking more like a cat model :-)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love watching construction going on...just glad I can watch and not have to actually do the work! lol The picture of Winston is just adorable...I want to be a cat in my next life! hehe Have a great weekend my friend!! We celebrate Labour Day here in Canada too:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  25. I think my boy must have been working in your quagmire to come out looking as dirty as he does!

    I DO feel sorry for pooooor Winston, having to lay there soaking up sun all day an' all....

    ReplyDelete
  26. Good job!! Have fun!
    Mama Bear.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I feel just like Winston today. Would love to nap in the sun. Hope you have a lovely time with your son. It looks like you'll be getting neighbours. Keep us up to date.
    Great pics.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Very cool. Have a great vacation.
    Photo Hunters

    ReplyDelete
  29. I have got an award the "Blogging Star" and as I think that you are one too, I choose you. It's at your disposal on my blog !

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing pictures! And of course the cat is beautiful - they always will find somewhere to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Great photos! Like your cat I prefer the nature's noise!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well no wonder you have taken a lovely holiday with your son right about now! with that happening next door.

    I have worked most of my life before retirement on building sites as a lady carpenter and know just how much noise they can make but the worst is yet to come...........THE carpenters lol lol lol lol

    Have a happy time away.
    Lee-ann

    ReplyDelete
  33. brilliant set of photos -- ending with the cat is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Yikes a monster! LOL! Love the stretched out furkid!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Smart Cat - keeps away from the dirt.

    Great pictures

    ReplyDelete
  36. Larry: Yes, that cat of ours is something else! I love how so relaxed he gets when he's snoozing!! I swear sometimes he's gonna fall off!! IN fact one time when he was sleeping on the back of the chair in the living room......he DID fall off!! Like falling off a log.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Crazy Working Mom: The Texas decor is the room I still need to redo...it's the extra bedroom in our house, and I want to do something in the lines of a bordello since that is where all hubby's wild wild west stuff is stashed.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Mark: 3000 homes in 10 years? That's a LOT o' building going on in your area! I thought this subdivision is noisy, but yours will top this!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Matty: Ya, me too. Napping in the sun is a luxury in my mind...what's even better is outdoors, getting a tan!

    ReplyDelete

.