my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





Thursday 13 header made by me.
TWO GREAT THURSDAY THIRTEENS THIS WEEK ARE: Gattina and Barbara H!!!




Hootin' Anni's 13 Baseball Facts!
btw -- when the team I'm rooting for is behind and getting all strikes ---I blame it on the "DUMBpires"!!!


FACT 1) I've loved the game since my younger days [way back when I was 5 and 6!]. On vacations in the summer we'd go see the St. Louis Cardinals. [my dad's favorite team]

FACT 2) I played pitcher and sometimes shortstop in school...during gym class. [no, it wasn't softball]

FACT 3) The Atlanta Braves' fans "war chant" is very annoying!! [sorry Braves' fans!]


FACT 4) Colorado Rockies was the first ever "home team", and we had season tickets.


FACT 5) I have an autographed baseball with most of the original Rockies team. I spent a whole season getting different ones prior to the home games.

FACT 6) I don't care for the constant trading of players...you can't acquire your own favorite team player any more; they're traded away. And it's difficult to keep track of them.

FACT 7) I'M very bored of Barry Bonds this, and Barry Bonds that!! I truly, secretly hope he'll retire [now that he finally accomplished what he was after -- he has been dubbed "king of swing" with his trek of breaking Hank Aaron's record] (Tuesday night, he did. --against the Washington Nationals ).

FACT 8) Arizona Diamondbacks trained in Tucson, we went to a lot of the cactus league games. I still have the Purple and Teal Team Colors and a stuffed Diamondback snake wearing purple and teal ballcap.

FACT 9) I love ballpark hot dogs!! They taste so much better at a ballgame!!

FACT 10) I have no professional home team in Corpus, Houston Astros is the closest to me. Corpus Christi Hooks play at Whataburger Field here, they are a 'farm team' for Houston.




FACT 11) I really like the Rally Monkey!! I look forward to seeing it during the televised Angels' games.






FACT 12) Yep, there's even my favorite baseball commercial, and you'd not think you'd see a commercial break here now, would you? The commercial song, "Baseball, Hot dogs, Apple Pie and Chevrolet" is better for me than the "Take me out to the Ballgame" during the 7th inning stretch for some games. [click to play 1 minute commercial; of course have the volume turned up]



FACT 13) I haven't missed a televised World Series game since I married hubby in 1968!!



<><><>

One of our members was lonely. He decided life would be more fun if he had a pet. So he went to the pet store and told the owner that he wanted to buy an unusual pet. After some discussion, he finally bought a centipede. It came complete with a little white box to use for its house.

He took the box back home, found a good location for the box, and decided he would start off by taking his new pet to the bar to have a drink. So he went to the centipede?s little house and asked, "Would you like to go to Frank's with me and have a beer?"

But there was no answer from his new pet. This bothered him a bit, but he waited a few minutes and then asked him again, "How about going to the bar and having a drink with me?" But again, there was no answer from his new friend and pet. So he waited a few minutes more, thinking about the situation.

He decided to ask one more time; this time putting his face up against the centipede's house and shouted, "HEY, IN THERE. WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO TO FRANK'S PLACE AND HAVE A DRINK WITH ME?"

A little voice came out of the box: "I heard you the first time. I'm putting on my shoes."

12 comments :

  1. I am NOT a baseball or any other kind of sports fan but my hubby is!! He is a die hard and I mean DIE HARD CUBS FAN!! he was born that way you know!! He is all Chicago sports!! I have no idea about Sports at all but i know that is just part of him and i love all parts of him so that is fine with me!! My Thankful Thursday is up. I am leaving for Atlanta this afternoon for a few days...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How 'bout them Mariners. I am a huge baseball fan. We don't have a major league team, but we have a semi-pro team' The River Dogs and any baseball is better than none.

    Ed
    http://edsthread.co.nr

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is one sport I don't understand and that's baseball...even when I lived in the US I didn't get it.
    But enjoyed reading your list :)
    happy thirteening

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm an idiot about sports, but I've read about Barry Bonds. Poor guy, nobody likes him---and the worst part is, he brings it on HIMSELF. They even did a piece on him in a political journal I read.

    I liked the commercial. Pretty cool. Now I want some APPLE PIE.

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOO-HOO! Love your list, Anni! I´m a huge Baseball fan - I watch the World series games on our German sports channel (premiere pay TV) as often as possible!

    Happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loved the commercial, I hadn't seen it before. My son is a die hard Mets fan...his whole room is orange and blue. Loved your 13!

    ReplyDelete
  7. my family is split into to factions: Cub fans and Cardinal fans. family reunions during baseball season can get ugly:)

    thanks for stopping by my TT this week! you did very well with the riddles!!! and, I think I have the answer to yours: is it the letter "D"? took me a minute, but I think that's right.

    have a great one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. For once I run out of comments ! I have no clue about baseball I even never saw a game in my whole life ! To my excuse it is not very known in Belgium and to my knowledge never shown at TV ! Here it is more Basket or Football (soccer) Today we have been at the habour of Eastbourne was very nice !
    Your TT logo is gorgious !!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great great list again!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a sports fan, but I have wondered about the trading of players. What an insecure profession, knowing you could be sent off to a new team and location!

    Thanks for linking to me. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So... was it a real bummer when the Jays went back-to-back then? (Ducks as he's a Torontonian...)

    {{Grins}}

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am a Big KC Chiefs fan!! I like baseball too,but our Royal's aren't doing so good!!
    But we always hope for the best!

    ReplyDelete

.