my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out





Oh Carolyn, you made my heart stop with all the lovely words you wrote about me, about my blog! You certainly deserve that large diet coke now!! What a great lady you are, and what a great friend you've become. I proudly post your nameplate here, I'll add it on the sidebar!! You made my day much brighter...see? You are sunshine! I was right!! Thank you, very much.


ADDED this afternoon!! - This one is from Melli!! She and I go way back, we've been friends for a few years! Few? More like a decade. Real close anyway!! So without further ado, I share with you the special sunshine nameplate that Melli made for me!! Thank you sweet lady.





<><><>


<><><>



~FUN MONDAY
[Graphic is made by me; the fairy is penning "Why Anni Blogs"]

Lisa at Lisa's Chaos is our hostess for the week. She asks:

I’d like to know how you started blogging. Did you keep a diary under lock and key safely hidden as a child? Do you still? Do you share the same things on your blog that you would have, or do, in your diary? Why did you start blogging and why do you continue.......

<><><>

....you see, it all started when an online friend had a blog. When at first I had to ask "What the hell's a blog anyway?" Once in a while, I would take time of my online time to go visit with her and read her blog. I really didn't know much, not even how to leave a comment. The word "Haloscan" was alien to me, almost scary. But, the more I read of her blog, and the more visits I made, it got me to talking with others. Soon, more online friends started their own blogs. And eventually I learned the art of commenting. Thing is, a few of them had blogs on MYSPACE, and in order to leave them comments you had to become a 'friend' by signing up for your own. Tho, I didn't care for the idea, a nasty spyware type thing which I don't cotton to at all. But for the sake of friendship, I did register just to keep in touch with them. I then began to think...why not me? Why am I leaving everything up for everyone else to do, and I'm sitting all alone without a blog for my very own! And yet, the news media kept telling me that "Web logs, 'blogs' were a big craze and increasing in popularity!" I wanted in on the action!!

I didn't care for MYSPACE at all! I wanted a blog where anyone could leave me a comment or suggestion; without the need of registering. And that's where I began...with the OLD style Blogger. Soon it became an every-day occurrence. And my list of friends and my visits became very regular and larger. I grew to love it. One of my son's co-workers who is a computer genius helped me learn the concept of templates and xml and xmlns coding...so completely different than the html that I learned when I made a personal web site. [I'm still not done learning the ways of layouts, I love the designing part also] Then, I learned about 'memes'. The next step was to get a digital camera and learn its functions and how to upload and publish photos!! And I really took off. Now, I meme weekly, and I blog my thoughts and share part of my life with the world. It's not much of a diary of sorts, it's just an addictive pastime! Meeting people, reading each others lives and what makes them them! It's a great medium to learn about human nature, and learn new things daily.

[No, I never had a diary that I recall, but my mind is sharp as a memory book....I could tell you things you wouldn't understand --like how Frank's kisses tasted! What I did on graduation, just why I loved the song "I wanna be Bobby's Girl...stuff like that. It's all still a vivid 'diary' in my mind...and it'll forever be 'locked up with a key'.]

Next FUN MONDAY is hosted by : Nikki

28 comments :

  1. I love your title illustration. I do enjoy the graphics that you add to your blog. I agree with what you have said about My Space. Blogging has opened my life to a wide world of friends. My Space is sort of limited to people you already know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I started when my good friend lazy Daisy came to visit me and said that I just had to start this BLOGGING thing that she had started!! That was 2 years ago this past July!! She set me up!! We could not think of a name. We sat and thought and thought. My neighbor friend and i were giving a neighbor hood party..FLIP FLOP party!! That was on my mind so that is what I became!! CRAZY Name I know now!! BUT!! I have became completely and wholly addicted. I have enjoyed meeting people on line and in person. We have another get together here at my home in Savannah in October!! What fun!! Blessings to you Anni...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great graphic -

    and yes, I do not like MySpace - I want to be able to read what people read without having to register.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH NO bobbies girl... do not go ther eyou had one too... OK I did this here little cute thing on my blog. I useualy dont do them but I loved the picture I stole it I hope it is ok.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It certainly is an addictive past time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaye: I made one special for you...in your comment section today. The one I made for my blog has "Why Anni Blogs" on it...so I changed it for you and used YOUR name. I'm sure you don't want the name Anni on your graphic. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. it is addictive and i love it! dont like my space either, have tried face book but too much going on in that too.
    love your design, afraid i just stick to the same old template, not adventurous enough me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the graphic illustration - so sweet!
    Nice story;).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hate Myspace! I just have top say well done on coming to grips with xml and all the other technical aspects of blogging.

    Your blog looks a lot different from the last time I was here, very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun lay-out you have here! I tried Facebook, too, but there is no place for you to SAY anything. Glad you're here now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni, How I started blogging .Peter from "holtieshouse" was telling us about blogging, or I think I should say trying to encourage me to to start something new after I had major surgery and then lost my hubby. after visting his and Merles and others for 2 years, my daughter set it up without me knowing then said its your turn to learn something new, so here I am today, I only know the basics but Im very happy doing it my way ,,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice story and I like your little cute illustration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a nice story, which is now preserved for posterity along with all your other lovely memories!
    Blog on Anni!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i love the graphic you made for this post! very nice!

    i have a question: how did you met the online friends who introduced you to blogging? a forum of some sort? a game site? or what?

    happy monday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Isn't it amazing how many different people you can meet? I have more friends than I ever though possible all because I spill my embarrassments all over my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anni, you are a talented lady with the illustrations!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I was so shut in with Nancy and my crippled up stuff this winter. I found a blog and then more,I book marked them and read them and one day Karen said, "Mom you need to do this"!! I said "NO" I can't do this I can't write! But she would't take no for an anwser!

    and as they say the rest is history!
    This has been so good for me! The Doctor said to Karen " Your Mother is looking Good! This was last week!
    He also said NO Sugar! My family said I am more like myself..... A new least on life!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your graphic. I actually peeked at your post last night but it was late and I was tired so I didn't commment - I don't think, heck maybe I did. You always have such nice graphics - You really are great!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL! Looks like you're going to have a "collection" of name tags! Come see what I have for you!

    And I think you and I started bloggin' just about the same time! Following behind PJ!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Karen just called from work and she said to tell you Thanks and she used clip art...

    She could have drawn it but she had so much to get done yesterday she used the clip art.
    I am so glad you liked the name plate!! I sure love mine! I want it on my side bar!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I wish I had known about all these tutorials when I began...it was definitely a stretch for me. You seem to have progressed VERY well--your graphics are fantastic!

    It's interesting that so many of us began blogging because a friend of ours had one; then curiosity led us to the next step of creating our own.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Well you have really taken your blog to the highest level. I love coming here...:)

    ReplyDelete
  23. You are a lovely and talented lady, and I'm so glad you blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The title graphic for this post is lovely (can you feel the envy). I have no experience with my space I started with the old blogger just before it changed. I feel very frustrated at times because I have a mac and it's not compatible with everything I want to do.

    I can identify with what you say about a diary mine is all in my head as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Boy I wish I had time to learn how to design. Maybe one of these days! I love how your blog looks, particularly how the right side is locked in while the rest scrolls.

    My mind is my memory book also. Although I do not always remember things quite so clearly. Sometimes I think I fill in the blanks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the fairy you made, it's soo cute!
    I think I just found another blog to stalk:o)

    ReplyDelete
  27. xml...xmlns...omg...I am SO lost. I'm still struggling with HTML!

    One day - I'll have a REAL layout, with a REAL masthead, and a REAL design - just like you!

    I love the fairy, btw - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. loved how you ended this post...

    (Just now reading fun monday)

    ReplyDelete

.