my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds





MY FRIDAY FEAST IS BELOW THIS REQUEST--

I have a special friend who is having a birthday today!! Won't you stop by her blog and leave her a wish for a wonderful birthday celebration....tell her Hootin' Anni sent you---

P J ---Happy Birthday sweet lady!! Hope your day is filled with wishes coming true and a big o' Texas style [that is, HUGE with margaritas and all the fixin's] celebration!!! Click here for her blog....



<><><>



Appetizer
Describe a toy you remember from your childhood.
Oh so many I can still recall. I loved to jump rope, I loved to play hopscotch, I had a Barbie Doll with Ken...and tho not a toy, I remember my first bike of my own. Oh and my marble collection! I loved to 'win' the prettiest. They were always the ones I aim for in the game. Remember jacks? I used to be pretty good at that too. And with my hopscotch skills I always saved and stored my smoothest, flatest playing piece!! It never slid or missed a square. Many times a champion. But, to describe a toy, I would have to go with the jump rope. It wasn't anything special. A store bought jump rope. But the handles were what was "COOL" in my youth. Bright fluorescent green and hot pink twisted stripes, and to finish off the decorum there were plastic streamers of hot pink! I took that with me oftentimes to play and show off my skills.

Soup
On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 10 being highest) how observant are you?
Most of the time I am quite observant. I enjoy catching things that others don't notice about someone or something. But there are days that I'm so worn or tired, I could care less about anything around me....those days not too observant other than where the pillow and bed are!! Most often an 8 or a 9

Salad
Where would you rather be at this very moment?
Did someone mention bed? I'm awake way too early again. Seems since the heart problems way back in April and the 'experimenting' of different drugs the past three months have taken its toll on my system and habits. I'm exhausted but can't sleep for a long enough period! Ya, I would rather be in bed right now...snoring to beat the band!! hehehehe

Main Course
When was the last time you learned something new?
Well, I would like to say "I learn something every day"...but right now, I can't recall much of anything. In the past few days I learned that we DO have a termite infestation in the garage. [a few weeks ago, we had someone come out from Orkin and he found nothing!!] Yuckky little boogers that they are; I learned the cost of the "Terminator" too. And I learned how to choke back the shocked look on my face when he quoted the total expense! But, that's the price you pay for living in the subtropics. LOL

Dessert
Fill in the blank:
I have ____________ but I haven’t____________.

I have KISSED but I haven't EVER TOLD!



12 comments :

  1. Great feast! Come join mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I think you had a lot more toys than I did when you were small! LOL!

    I KNOW you are more observant than I am! You spot EVERYTHING!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Friday to you. Isn't it great how the toys we used to have (ie- no flashing lights, batteries required etc) live on in our memories as great things? I wonder how many of todays children will remember their toys- they have so many! With you on the disturbed sleep plane but for a different reason :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Friday, Anni.. and what a sweet friend you are :-) Been there and gave birthday wishes. Did you ever play "chinese jumprope"?

    Take care of yourself, sweet Anni...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great dessert!

    Sorry about your termites and your medication problems. I loved jumping rope, too - and Four Square, though for the life of me, I can't remember how to play it now!

    Have a great Friday!

    Jami

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh... marbles. Kids don't play games like that anymore. They're missing out!

    Great feast.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I posted my comment for FF in the wrong post, lol ! See I am getting old !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gattina I saw your comment below your first one, and I realized that it was meant to be below. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great feast!! I wish kids today would play with the toys we used to have and not have to have it do something for them to enjoy it.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. never told? LOL--you just did!! Happy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I remember playing marbles! I think I still have my can of them somewhere.

    ReplyDelete
  12. My kids love marbles - they, too, have their favorites (the prettiest). Great feast - Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete

.