my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


Hubby and I went to Victoria, Texas yesterday afternoon. Our son called from his car, while on the way from Houston, asking if we'd like to meet him for a dinner at Texas Roadhouse Steakhouse in Victoria after he looked at some investment property for his client. He invited us to meet with him prior to his online meeting with his client/and company he works for, at Starbucks if we could get there around the same time he did.

I figured he'd be late for dinner after we met late at the coffee shop. Our son took the photo and sent it in the email, and asked our opinions [he does that a lot, so he can get an unbiased opinion I guess]...and he happened to get our car in there too. I didn't have time to cut and resize the photo.




I called ahead and made a reservation to stay overnight at the Fairfield. I know, I know....it's only a little over an hour's drive from Corpus, but neither hubby or I drive well after dark. We both have night vision problems. It's safer for everyone involved. Hubby and myself, and the other drivers on the highway.

Meeting him for dinner around 7:30pm, he didn't show 'til shortly before 8pm, so our meal was well into the night before we finished. He drove back home which is about a 2-2 1/2 hour drive for him from Victoria. Maybe less. I'm glad I had the foresight to get a room.

But, I had a relaxing time. I needed it. I needed to get away for a while. Even if it was just a day from home. It helped my nerves and helped me forget my health issues for a day.

1 comment :

  1. Glad you had a much needed time to relax and unwind.

    ReplyDelete

.