my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out



About | Theme: CREATIVE | Roll
<:><:><:>
If you choke a smurf, what color does it turn?

<:><:><:>


Both hubby and I love to have and use a bit of creativity at times. When I hear the word 'creative' my first thought is crafts. Tho, there are many ways to interpret creative!! I look forward to everyone's photos this week!! It should be quite diverse in ideas/selections. We both [hubby and myself] love to get our hands into making things from the ideas that float into our head. LOL ---Now really, hubby may not agree with this for some certainty - Because the ideas are ususally something I'VE come up with, and he does the work!! Ya, that's what he would say for sure, for sure.

And with today's theme, I thought I would be a bit creative [creative is what creative does] in the display. These items we've made to make our house a home....




Top Row[1024+ resolution]: left to right ---Hand carved by my husband, and painted and clothed by me! [a Native American Coyote, sun worshiper] and the teddy bear is one my sister sent to me while I was in the hospital, and when I got home I honored him with a throne of grape-vines. A wreath.

Bottom Row[1024+ resolution]: A shadowbox for a few of the oriental figurines. A wooden cross hubby carved for me alongside my San Xavier blessed rosary, and my mother's "The Lord is my Shepherd" plaque.

After visiting a few so far, THE HEART OF RACHEL has the best interpretation of the 'creative' theme this week.



PS: I want to thank everyone who visited yesterday and left such wonderful, sweet comments on my blog below!! You really made my day!!



27 comments :

  1. wow, I love everything, especially the cross. Very creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great and very unique one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are the most creative couple I think I know! I especially love that your hubby does his share of the creation ...lol...I love the cross! I did think you'd put up a throw or two that you've made! Thanks so much for visiting my hunt already..I do appreciate your visits Anni! Sending my love ..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are very creative. I was wondering what the first figure was. Sun worshipper, you say? Haha, that's pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are fantastic. Especially love the carved wood. You both are so talented. Great photos and thanks for sharing. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the coyote and the cross ! You can give my congratulations to your hubby from me, he really did a great job ! You are lucky that he can make things after your ideas ! My Mr. Gattino has no ideas at all and two left hands ! For creative things I mean. For repairing something it's OK.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm heading to bed in a few minutes and now you're gonna have me awake thinking what colour a smurf WOULD turn after being choked!!! LOL Love it! Oh Anni, such precious crafts that both you and your hubby made, very beautiful!! I've just caught up with all your posts...I'm so far behind with everyone. It might take me a couple of days but I get here eventually! lol xox

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like tegdirb92, I do love everything especially the bear but not the cross.
    Mine's up too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni, these are amazing and indeed make your house your home. The cross is amazing and so is the Indian doll.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That’s real creative. Happy Weekend! http://crizlai.blogspot.com/2007/07/photo-hunters-creative.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. that is a wonderful collection of creativety.....thank you for sharing....happy hunting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Our personal touch in our house decors add to the feeling of a being a "home".

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have eclectic tastes, Anni. Why does that not surprise me? :-)

    Drop by when you have time! Don't be a stranger!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those are great! I wish I had some creative skill. My other half used to make some great ear rings though

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought this was a hard theme this week! I love the hand-carved coyote. That takes a lot of talent.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW - you have a very creative home!! Great stuff!

    Happy Weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How wonderful to have someone to create with you. I really enjoy seeing other people's art. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those are all beautiful items, that display your creativity and that of your husband. Thank you for sharing these with us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing all those wonderful things. You husband is very creative with his work. I'm sure you are very proud of him.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cross best, but you are right you have some real creative displays there.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Yes indeed! You and Bud are BOTH very creative people -- and I do truly love that crucifix he made for you! I've seen it before, but I enjoyed seeing it again too! It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you Anni. How very sweet of you to put a special mention about my entry. I'm really, really touched. God bless you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have great works of art there. I love them.

    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  24. The items the two of you make are the most valuable, aren't they. Especially the cross he made: what a treasure!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You show a lot of creative talent in your display.
    Have a great weekend!
    Come by mine:http://thelifeandtimesofgran.blogspot.com/2007/07/photo-hunters-creative.html

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful! I really love the wooden cross!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love all these photos, Anni, and all the things in them. I especially am attracted to the Native American piece. It is soooo fine, and so well dressed. Something like that would have a prominent place in my home too.

    ReplyDelete

.