“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes






With the addition of a Yahoo© News article copied and pasted below [by the way, for me it's totally "GAG" city!!], I thought I'd list my favorite summer beverages:



1. Water [iced with lemon twist]
2. Virgin margarita [no liquor]
3. De-caf iced sun tea
4. Lemonade
5. Root beer [preferably with soft serve ice cream]
6. Italian ices:
-> 7. Orange Dream
-> 8. Cherry cider
-> 9. Lemon
-> 10. Strawberry
-> 11. Lime
12. Blueberry-Pomegranate juice
13. Bottled, flavored water...icy cold!!

Now, read this article....nasty I tellya. [in flavor and taste! ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!]

courtesy of Yahoo News June 14, 2007©
copyright infringement not intended

TOKYO - Japanese are staying cool as a cucumber this summer with "Pepsi Ice Cucumber" — a new soda based on the crisp green gourd.



The soft drink, which hit stores here on Tuesday, doesn't actually have any cucumber in it — but has been artificially flavored to resemble "the refreshing taste of a fresh cucumber," said Aya Takemoto, spokeswoman of Japan's Pepsi distributor, Suntory Ltd.

"We wanted a flavor that makes people think of keeping cool in the summer heat," Takemoto said. "We thought the cucumber was just perfect."

The mint-colored soda is on sale just for the summer and only in Japan, Takemoto said. She said initial sales were brisk, and Suntory aims to sell 200,000 cases over the next three months.

Pepsi trails behind industry leaders Coca Cola (Japan) Company, with about 15 percent of the Japanese cola market, and also faces stiff competition from non-fizzy bottled drinks like green tea and coffee, which are popular here.

Suntory said it sold 20.5 million cases of Pepsi brand drinks in 2006, including its popular Pepsi NEX zero-calorie soda.

10 comments :

  1. Except the decafed ice tea the rest would suit me too and I would like to try this japanese newe coke !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree with everything on your list especially the root beer float although I use Coke most of the time. That was a very refreshing list. Oh, and the cucumber Pepsi . . . I might try it once. You never know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm..something new in Japan!! Well since I do not drink coke, pop or soda..whatever you want to call it then let everyone else try it. Funny how they just put a new name on it and people will try it, don't you think that is odd? My daughter has her birthday today and it is a big one. I posted it on my website. If you get a chance and can stop by my site and then go and leave her a comment that would be special. She is not too happy about this birthday!! Hmm..I think you and i both made it through this one!! Hope you are feeling okay...Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for your precious
    comments over at my blog! I got tears in my eyes. What you said warmed my heart and that is such a Blessing to me when people understand about special needs folks!
    Grams

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like the first choices, but the rest? Mjaaaa..... Cucumber? Don't think so.

    BTW: I missed you at the Stockholm Archipelago Boat Day, don't like steamships?

    *steamwhistles*

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll say like you...GAG! I won't eat cucumbers, for some reason they always turn my stomach, even the smell of them! And here I have to make dill pickles out of my garden cukes every year! lol I won't even think about drinking a pop that tastes like cucumbers...ewwwwww! As for your fave drinks....the water, the root beer and the iced tea are my favourites:-) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ewwww...cucumbers I love...but not as a drink! I've been wanting to try the blueberry/pomegranate drink...sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have tried to like "green" soft drinks before ... it doesn't work! I don't care what flavor they call it -- they're all gross!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love cold cucumbers...and cucumber sandwiches late at night! I get the weirdest dreams...but I don't want it in my Pepsi.
    I love your summer drinking list....is that with a shot of whiskey or without? Just kidding!
    My list would read about the same except I am fond of 'coolers' on a hot day...when I BBQ!

    ReplyDelete

.