my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out



Wanna participate in 10 on TUESDAY?


This week, we're to list 10 Occupations You Wanted to be When You Were Young. To be truly honest with myself, I don't believe I ever had many aspirations of jobs to hold along the way in life. My first and foremost, always, was to grow up and become ----

1) Wife
2) Mother
3) Teacher
4) Artist
5) Author [I would still like to be this someday]
6) Pilot
7) Navy Officer
8) Scientist - discoverer of a cure [for anything, something]
9) Explorer - to find something yet to be discovered at the time
10) Actor/Director/Broadway

<><><>


[click above to participate]

Take Me Back Tuesday - Week 126
Take me back to the summer of love...

1967 is the year....

What albums would you be spinning...or did you spin (depending on your age)

Ha! Just a few days ago, I was singing in my head "Ode to Billy Joe" --or is it Billie? ---by Bobby Gentry..."It was the third of June.......", and another favorite way back then was: "Then you can tell me Goodbye". Oh so many songs of my youth!! But, the albums would belong to my brother---he bought those, I usually did the turntable with 45's!!!

The Monkees or The Beatles...which would be..or which was your favorite band or do you like them both.

Actually, I'd probably pick the Monkees over the Beatles...I honestly got so tired of the Beatles...everywhere you turned, it was those lousy bugs!---and I hate bugs. {LOL} But, my favorites were more duos ---Righteous Brothers, Frank/Nancy Sinatra, Jan and Dean, Everly Brothers....like those. Or a single singer with backup singers, like Tom Jones, etc.

What song do you think sums up the feeling of the Summer Of Love the best?

This was my all time favorite. I had true love, and wanted to see him when he returned ----------

I'll be alone each and every night
While you're away, don't forget to write
Bye-bye, so long, farewell
Bye-bye, so long
See you in September
See you when the summer's through
Here we are (bye, baby, goodbye)
Saying goodbye at the station (bye, baby, goodbye)
Summer vacation (bye, baby bye, baby)
Is taking you away (bye, baby, goodbye)
Have a good time but remember
There is danger in the summer moon above
Will I see you in September
Or lose you to a summer love

11 comments :

  1. I, too, loved "See You In September!" I can remember my babysitter, the girl next door, crying and singing that song when her boyfriend's family went away for the summer! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our 10 on Tuesday are very similar. Kindred spirits?

    Thanks for sharing.

    Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, you always boost me up and I appreciate that. The comments you leave on my blog ALWAYS boost me up.

    Thanks for making me feel special.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came for your 10 on Tuesday list, and completely love your comments on the music of 1967... Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list of occupations! Thanks for coming to visit me. We're almost alike. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have love singing all of my kid life, and broadway was my biggest dream. I would just sit and sing, dance with two other friends. We were good dancer, say the kid in me LOL

    Again I notice lot of people put Scientist on their lists. Maybe I was boring kid back then LOL! Other then that, we do have similiar list :)

    Thanks for comment my blog, Happy Ten on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wanted to be an actress too.
    You brought that Ode to Billie Joe song to my mind, and with it the movie. Robby Bensen starred in it, and I thought he was the ultimate heart throb.
    Take care,
    Frances

    ReplyDelete
  8. A wife and mother -- good for you. And I love the scientist. Nice to see women who aspired to that when they were younger. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Great list! I think being a pilot is cool, but not for me because I've a fear of heights! LOL.

    Happy Ten on Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Take Me Back Tuesday! And yay for someone picking the Monkees over the Beatles. Mind you, I love both bands equally!

    Thanks for playing this week. Hope to see you again at the meme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another person who listed mother as being #2. And another author.

    http://flava.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete

.