my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out




I've been tagged, again! Bubba's Sis caught me this time!!



Here goes---

What were you doing 10 years ago?
Let's see, if my math is correct, that's 1997? Right? Heck, to be honest, if I remember what I was doing a month ago, I'd be doing good! Now you expect me to remember ten years? We were living in Arizona....and it'd be May! ---probably sitting in front of the air conditioner, and computer. Hot, hot, HOT! I don't care what they say about it being a 'dry heat' in the desert---when May comes around, the humidity is beginning to build up for the monsoon season, and when it's 100% humidity and 120 degrees---it isn't pretty--I get very cranky! We did go to Disneyland about then, but I don't think it was in May. That was a fun trip. I won all expenses paid, plus air travel.



What were you doing 1 year ago?
Again, if I could only have such a sharp memory. 2006? Probably stocking the pantry and preparing for hurricane season at this time of year. Went to Colorado to spend a weekend with my sister. San Antonio's Sea World...and shopping at the Galleria in Houston....shopping, short day trips...things like that. Nothing much. I'm definitely becoming a happy home-body!! I did begin a huge interior redecorating project. I still have one room remaining to be completed. Health issues stopped my progress tho.



Five snacks you enjoy:
1) Popcorn
2) Dried Apples
3) Chocolate, iced, mint cookies.
4) Ice cream [preferably with root beer --root beer floats]
5) I love English Muffins too---buttery, hot and yummy.


Five songs that you know all the lyrics:
1) Battle Hymn of the Republic
2) National Anthem
3) O Holy Night
4) Take me Out the Ballgame
5) Silent Night



Five things you would do if you were a millionaire:
1) I wouldn't be here, right now! I've always wanted to go to Ireland, so I'd be trekking across the green Isle!!
2) Buy ocean view land and build my dream home.
3) Donate to Ronald McDonald House [for personal reasons regarding my Down Syndrome Grandson]
4) Buy a custom car. One for each season.
5) Shop, shop, shop 'til I drop!


Five bad habits:
1) Indulging in fattening foods
2) Sneaking a smoke now and then [I'm trying to quit cold turkey--but there are days!]
3) Picking my nose

4) Wasting money on little unneeded things

5) Putting things off 'til the last minute...then, rushing to get it done.



Five things you like doing:
1) Reading
2) Movies [theater AND dvd's]
3) Crocheting
4) Art
[whether drawing/painting as a hobby, or art museums!]
5) Baking/cooking



Five things you would never wear again:
1) White shoes!!---altho, I do have a pair of white sandals, they tend to get mighty lonely in the closet...last time I wore white was when I was married.
2) Mini skirts!!
---for two reasons, my age and my thighs.
3) Anything artificial!!
Nails, hair color, padded bras...that sorta thing. I feel it's vain, and not worth the effort or the expenses. Besides being a big lie on my age and how I am---with the wrinkles, bleached hair and fake nails looks cheap and 'slutty' ON me. If it's not me, it's NOT me. No, really!!! In my mind it's all a big lie...I had the opportunity once to see Chris Rock in his comedy routine at Laff's Comedy Club in Tucson. One of his questions to the audience was "Who lies more, men or women?" ---He brought up the fact that women do....with face lifts, artificial nails, boobs, high heels, padded this and that, hair color...." All lies!! That's just how I feel. Why even Oprah Winfrey no longer wears her artificial fingernails....and she's quoted as saying it just isn't real, and I think her thinking on this is just tops---who needs artificial when it just isn't right....we all age, and aging is part of life--why look fake and cheap, it really doesn't look better to me at all.
4) Two piece bathing suit!!
Again, yuk on me...scars, flab and jiggles where there shouldn't be jiggles!
5) Heavy makeup!!
I used to do this when very young....now, what you see is what you get!




Five favorite toys:
I haven't been into a sex toy store in eons! [just kidding!!!!] I have toys....but only as collecting purposes.
1) Hubby just bought me a soft, stuffed "Donkey" from the movie Shrek
2) I collect action figures from Pirates of the Caribbean

3) Stuffed Panda bears.

4) Stuffed Tigers
5) Gone With the Wind figurines.


Now, really----I don't consider them toys, but some would.




I normally don't tag, so..........If you'd like to do this 'tag', by all means....have at-'er!!
Let me know if you do it, I'd love to read your answers!!

5 comments :

  1. That was fun reading and getting to learn even more facts about you:-) It's funny you should mention a root beer float...I bought root beer the other day and plan on making myself a float with it, something I haven't had in years!!! xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love love LOVE your answers!! And thank you for admitting you pick your nose. I thought about putting that on mine - because let's face it, EVERYONE picks their nose - but chickened out. You are awesome!

    We seem a lot alike - you are my new Blog Friend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a fun meme! :)
    I loved the picture you had at the top of the post. That's how I feel at work. I have post it's all over my office! heh heh

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yessss it worked this time...thank you Anni:-) xox

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a hilarious blog. Love the color scheme and vibe. Now for my say....

    Many bloggers, including WW participants, will be flying Peace Globes in the blogosphere on Wednesday, June 6, 2007. It is BlogBlast for Peace day - the second annual event. Please consider using your Wordless Wednesday platforms on this day to participate. You can find more information about the movement at Mimi Writes or BlogBlast for Peace
    http://mimiwrites.blogspot.com or http://mimilenox.blogspot.com

    Thanks and peace!
    Mimi

    ReplyDelete

.