my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out
Black and White Background courtesy of free backgrounds




FRIDAY'S FEAST





Appetizer

Which celebrity (or celebrities) do you think will make headlines this year?

* * *
Oh now you're strolling up MY alley. I love celebrity gossip. I drink it all in, but rarely appreciate it. No, I'm not the one to purchase the tabloids, but when I'm at the grocery counter, checking out, I tend to read ALL the papers' headliners! For instance this past week...perusing 3 of the well-known tabloids...One - Angelina and Jennifer have a confab, getting to know each other and making amends. While on a 2nd one, the same two ladies are still at odds and hate continues for one breaking up a marriage. While still the 3rd one says something like the two same women have a get-together and Brad has a cow!!! They're such a hoot!!

But, there are always celebrities making the news. And I know that before 2007 is over, there will be sadness for me of some great celebs' deaths, and such.

Soon, it will be Oscar time, so there will be headlines in the entertainment section. I'm thinking Will Smith, Judy Dench, and some new unknowns for now will be in the news from the *groan* -- American Idol!! Oh, and not to forget the infamous Michael Jackson, and the other weirdo, Donald Trump!! They both are too glorified if my personal opinion is called for. And a bit creepy too.
~<>~<>~<>

Soup

They say that good things come in small packages? What is something little that you think is great?


* * *
LOL, well, I will NOT go where this question is taking me. Did someone say once that size matters? Or is it "Size doesn't count"....

Let me pause a moment, take a deep breath to get my mind out of the gutter- and continue....

Babies are small in comparison, so babies.
Jewelry is always contained in small areas.
Well now, shucky darn...if you consider envelopes small...an envelope filled with two airline tickets to paradise.
~<>~<>~<>

Salad

Name a song that makes you want to dance.

* * *
Oh easy. When you want me to get down and jive with the rest of the group, just play the theme song to Footloose. It gets me every time!! Must be jelly 'cause jam don't shake like that!!!!
And if you want ballroom dancing...and me out on the floor, it'd be something like Stardust or waltzing with The Blue Danube!
If it's at a country ho-down, perhaps the two-step to the music of Charlie Daniels Band.
~<>~<>~<>

Main Course

What is your favorite font?

* * *
For plain type, I generally continue to pick Comic Sans.
If making graphics, it's an enormous amount. I love Scriptina with it's special flair.
~<>~<>~<>

Dessert

If you were to write a do-it-yourself article, what would it be about?

* * *
In Dear Abby style--

Dear Anni:
I have a husband who is recently retired, and he is always found sitting way too many hours at a time...
To get him back on the track of living life, how would I go about getting him active once again?
Signed, Disheartened Retiree's Wife

Dear Wife:
Read my article in my help yourself book just recently published...
"Get him off his sweet patootie and on his feet again"
Signed, Dear Anni

30 comments :

  1. Happy Friday and thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with a mind in the gutter, mine's been there for years....

    As for the retiree, get him blogging! You don't get old without getting opinionated (I should know!) & that's what a blog's all about! Or build a website on one of his interests-it's so easy nowadays it's ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CHRIS: No...having him sit more at the computer would not be Dear Anni's idea of getting him off his duffer...

    She'd suggest golfing or bowling...somewhere where he's active!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you write and think! You always crack me up, dear lady!! I tend to answer my Feast questions on the "straight" but I can always count on you to cut through the minutiae ( BS, that is) and get right to the best part, the funny part....

    You make my day!

    Hugz,
    C.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am LOL! Anni, I think this is one of your BEST ever FF! I knew I could count on you for an appetizer! I'll just go back to MY blog now and put "yea... what Anni said" for MY appetizer - K? Cuz we all know mine SUCKS! LOL! And your dessert is to die for! I will read that article and relish every word! ^High 5's Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. a meal worth eating slowly and with much pleasure! Your dessert was priceless... my feast is served also

    ReplyDelete
  7. deslily1/05/2007

    Thanks for comming by my blog (even for an old post lol).. help yourself to the picture of Kirby, and thank you for asking!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We seem to keep meeting up at these things!

    I was tempted with the soup question, too. Footloose is a great get up and get moving song!

    Thanks for dropping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Deslily: THANK YOU SO MUCH...I'm gonna grab the photo then!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha! Great feast! Getting someone in retirement of his feet sounds like a plan. After my husband retired, he got himself a part-time job at the golf course just so he could golf for free. :)

    Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Anni. Love the way you added humour in your feast. I really enjoyed reading your fun answers.

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. Believe me, those Macaron de Paris are absolutely delicious. :)

    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Friday, Anni... and I really enjoyed your feast! You had me smilin' the whole time. You are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful feast! Your whole blog is adorable, I'll be back, for sure!! Here's to Friday, and a great weekend to follow! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Friday, Anni!
    Fantastic Feast! I couldn't stop lauging at your dessert, that's perfect.

    My Feast is served.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I completely forgot about Oscar time! Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great feast, very entertaining! I enjoyed reading it :)

    Thanks for stopping by mine earlier, and have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think you're the first person who actually liked the celebrity question!

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  18. now this cracked me up! thank you for the laugh!

    i agree about the american idol.....when will the people get enough?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for stopping by my feast!

    Oh, your blog is so much fun :) I'm in a better mood for having stopped by. Great feast, too. I am in awe - all the celebrity knowledge! I seem to miss more than half of that stuff.

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great feast! It's brightened my Friday to read it.

    And I'd completely forgotten about Footloose - there's no way to sit still if that's playing.

    Thanks for visiting me!

    ReplyDelete
  21. love your desert. I hope I'm not the rotten egg here

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your dessert is splendid. Just love coming over here. Feel like I was at a party!

    Take care,
    Connie
    My feast is late today.

    ReplyDelete
  23. How cute...I loved your whole menu!! You have a great WAY WITH WORDS that I wish that I had!! Have a great Friday...my boring menu is up too!!
    Sandy

    After yours mine IS boring!! smile

    ReplyDelete
  24. another Comic Sans font fan!

    ...and I luv da Donald (especially in The Apprentice)

    ReplyDelete
  25. A good feast. Nothing wrong with having your mind in the gutter sometimes lol. I liked your music selections too. Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh yes, Footloose was a great dance song. I loved the movie. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I love your dessert! :D

    And happy Friday from Saturday. (You got to love time zones.) ;)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great portion and yummy feast you have here!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Yammy feast! Thanks for sharing!

    Thanks for stopping by and supporting me!Welcome back anytime.


    I will Exercise for Comments!
    Sunflower

    ReplyDelete

.