Doubly Exposed.

With the newest app [News 360 - subject: photography] on my phone, I'm reading all kinds of 'cool' ideas with photography. This one was simple: Double Exposure


Early on Thursday morning, after Tropical Storm Cindy hit the Gulf Coast on the shores of Louisiana, I wanted to see the sea quality [surf and tide] in our area.  The sun had already risen from the horizon, the sky dappled in white clouds, yellow hues and blue lining.  Once again, the heat index was already soaring, the humidity was close to unbearable.  Since the surf was quiet, the waves minimal, I walked just a very short distance and drove back home.  Through the car's Blue Tooth/MyLink I talked with Erik, our son, who lives in Houston and he told me as I headed down the freeway [hands free cellphone], that Houston didn't get a drop of rain either.  Cindy musta petered out some.  At one time this past week she looked quite massive.

Anyway, while on my short walk along the seaweed-laden beach at White Cap Beach on Padre Island, I took just very few photos.  At home, I played with them by following the Double Exposure tutorial from the phone. I used these two photos: A coconut washed ashore and a lifeguard station....



...and combined them in layers to have a double exposure effect:




I may attempt another tutorial "water photography". The outcome online was incredibly pretty. But, I don't have the equipment to set it up as advised. But, I still may try it with what I DO have and see how they turn out. Someday.


20 comments :

  1. Hello, pretty shot of the lifeguard station. I like the News360 app too. Happy Thursday, enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's an awesome app. I love the fact I don't have to read the garbage any longer on Yahoo. lol

      Delete
  2. Using layers is tons of fun. I have been doing it for over 9 years. Watch out - it is addicting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (I don't have Photoshop or Gimp but use the two that came already on my computer.)

      Delete
    2. Ms. G....it's addictive, until I can get back outdoors and enjoy THAT more. lol

      Delete
    3. whatever software works, right?

      Delete
  3. Wow, that is incredible. The first two photos are just a beautiful and amazing view to see! Keep shooting your lovely and sometimes unexpected gifts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That turned out pretty cool. I like layering and blending different pictures. I also like finding new tricks to try

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, this app -at least for the photography- is filled with different techniques and tutorials.

      Delete
  5. I like the lifeguard station best but both are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love photography and that looks like a very fun one to try out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are several tutorials listed daily.

      Delete
  7. You succeeded beautifully! Fancy stuff. I got News 360 on your recommendation, and love it!! I am looking forward to your next experiments.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ginny....I too like that News 360

      Delete
  8. I love it. I have folders of double exposure from when I started in 2002 with a Kodak easy share, I called them ghost photo... I used an edit program from a CD because there was no interenet and no PS and no PM ... which program did you use. I have done this with PicMonkey. the trick is ou started with gorgous pics.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The software I use is mainly Paintshop Pro. I also use one online sometimes called Effects 9 I believe. Thanks Sandra

      Delete

.