“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW





Double Your Pleasure

Going through my photo folders, I spotted several 'doubles'. By that I mean, some object or thing that has TWO in the image. Does that make any sense? Okay, whatever. You'll get the meaning after you scroll to view!!


Like the old-time commercial for Wrigley's gum. I played with the words a bit...
Double your pleasure
Double your fun
With double this
and double that
They are doubled; every one!


Night Blooming Epiphylum and Variegated Leaf Hibiscus [hybrid]


Double Duck Dip and my Wooden Ball Snowman/Santa Elves that I made a couple years ago.  I took three wooden balls, one large for the body and one smaller ball for the head, even a third, very tiny ball for the nose...painted them, decorated them with eyes, pipes [I used fish line and curled the line, for pipe smoke]. fake fur for the beards, felt for hats and trimmed with yarn and 'snow' glitter, yarn pom poms.


Two Turtle Doves INCA DOVES without a Pear Tree


American Avocets [no this IS a color photo -they're black and white birds in non breeding plumage]


Killdeer Duo


Two Palms ... on a Sunday.  If I need to explain "Palm Sunday" then....well, forget it.  lol


Least Grebes in a Pond


Sail Boat and Yacht


TWO Baby Black Bellied Whistling Ducks!!  [from a group of eight siblings]


Boots and Bags....the two resident alligators in the reserve


Duo-ling Truckers


TWO 'double' delights - Texas Wildflowers [yellow is Mexican Hat and purple is, I believe, Horsenettle]



I have several more - I'll post another set soon...in double time!!

28 comments :

  1. Well this was just double delightful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well, then........double thanks!!!

      Delete
  2. Hello, pretty collection of doubles. Great post. Happy Sunday, enjoy your week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, what a great idea. now I am wondering how many I have. I love love the hibiscus, notice it is double the LOVE... and I LOVE LOVE the doves, the ducks and the santas. great shot of the gators but can't say I love them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...alligators, only a mother could love. Well, maybe not.

      Delete
  4. Have a great day! Great pics... love the alligators. We have a couple here in our lake. Always keeps us alert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bud looks forward to seeing them. Me? Not so much. lol

      Delete
  5. Wow Anni, that was double the pleasure to scroll through. I love your naturally colored Avocet photo. Thanks for sharing these delightful double treats! Greetings Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like avocets too Jo...thanks.

      Delete
  6. This is a great collection. I like the ducks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, me too. I always have to laugh when I see photos of this 'stance' with ducks.

      Delete
  7. No matter what you share, you present it in a fashion we all enjoy. Nice job as always.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your photos are gorgeous, you have such a great eye! Happy to be your newest follower!! <3 - http://www.domesticgeekgirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Doubles everywhere!! Good eye.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That makes a fun post.As I was scrolling through,I was seeing some of my pictures, in my head.Don't be surprised if down the road,I try something like this.I liked this a lot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great! I look forward to it.

      Delete
  11. Like your "Double Time" especially the Doves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good to see you here today Paula....how are you doing?

      Delete
  12. This is sure a "twofer!" or...a BOGO....dual delights!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doubly delighted you stopped by Ms. G.

      Delete
  13. an excellent selection of doubles. I like the duck butts :>)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL...so do I Felicia...they're irresistible.

      Delete
  14. :) This was fun and double the beauty too!

    ReplyDelete

.