“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW





A Tale of Two Sisters - Part I

On our 48th wedding anniversary, with my sister at our table, we three celebrated in style. Asking for a private table, special accommodations were made. Our waiter was terrific. He treated us as if we old folks  were royalty! Seriously. First, a chilled bottle of Pinot Noir [a dark red wine]. We drank to our years together...and was even serenaded by Geraldo [our waiter]. A shortened version of Josh Groban's Believe to go along with the night's theme and festive mood.


...Bud and Me...Just the Two of Us...





Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate

again, in Spanish...

Cree en lo que tu corazón está diciendo.
Oye la melodía que está tocando.
No hay tiempo que perder,
Hay tanto para celebrar.

...then again in English

Believe in what your heart is saying
Hear the melody that's playing
There's no time to waste
There's so much to celebrate

His voice was beautiful...and pitch/keyed perfectly. I, personally, enjoyed the song in Spanish more!! Wow. Romantic as heck.




We had steak and quail with choice of veggies and potato.
Then, Geraldo [and sister ordering this] again surprised us with a good ol' Southern dessert.


He brought us warmed pecan pie and ice cream... with Bud and I, a lighted candle on ours!! BELIEVE me when I say that was the BEST pecan pie I have EVER had!! It was a most memorable evening and anniversary. We went home tired, relaxed and filled with happy. Thank you, Geraldo, for making our evening so special.


...stay tuned for part two of the Tale of Two Sisters

43 comments :

  1. Oh Anni and Bud, congratulations, you obviously have a magic recipe of your own, with a love like that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vowing to love and cherish are just words....words we live by. Thanks Ms. V

      Delete
  2. Oh, how sweet and romantic and special! 48 years! You do have cause for celebrating! Loved all the photos!
    My sister, Deanie, and her husband celebrated 21 years of marriage last night at Reata's in downtown Fort Worth! You and your sister are just beautiful and I love those big ole wine glasses!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How lovely!:) A very special occasion indeed. You look beautiful Annie, and you all look very happy. Here's to many more happy years.:))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwwwwwww, thanks so much!!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It was a wonderful evening....thanks Ann

      Delete
  5. Happy anniversary! And I look forward to hearing more about your sister, dear Anni. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...it was a fun evening.

      Delete
  6. This was indeed a special night out. Just having the young men sing that beautiful beautiful song would be special to me. I love the words. And I like hearing songs in other languages. They seem to speak to us even if we don't know what they're saying. The photos are beautiful to you all look great and happy. I wish I had a sister you are blessed. Happy late anniversary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We two are VERY close!!! And yes, I too love the different languages in song.

      Delete
  7. This was indeed a special night out. Just having the young men sing that beautiful beautiful song would be special to me. I love the words. And I like hearing songs in other languages. They seem to speak to us even if we don't know what they're saying. The photos are beautiful to you all look great and happy. I wish I had a sister you are blessed. Happy late anniversary

    ReplyDelete
  8. Dearest Anni and hubby Bud. Happy happy 48th anniversary! We're catching up - 45 next March! I LOVE the utter romantic theme of the whole evening. And your hubby is like mine: didn't mind celebrating with two women. That Geraldo is easy on the eye; I can just imagine his voice singing Believe. AND he would have stolen my heart with warmed pecan pie! May you and your dearest have many more years of happiness. Blessings Jo (South Africa)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anni
    thank you so very much for sharing this very very special post with us. You and your sis and your B are at trio of FINE LOOKING SENIORS. What a special night
    I love that song too
    Hugs Cecilia and Magic Flipping madi

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, lovely photos of you, your sister and your hubby. Looks like a wonderful celebration for your anniversary. Happy 48th Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love is sure in your world! Enjoy the sweet music every second!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...that I do. Or at least try to do most always Karen. Thanks.

      Delete
  12. Way to go. Enjoy this more in the same way. Many years of blessed years together.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations. Appreciate you sharing this moment

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sweet! VERY sweet! It's very nice for you to share your celebration and joy of togetherness.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awww - what a wonderful evening! You look so pretty.
    Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, shucks Mari. You have me blushing.

      Delete
  16. Belated Happy Anniversary.Sounds like you had a super time.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Like the pictures very much and so happy you three had such a nice time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paula...it was fun.

      Delete
  18. What a way to celebrate. Happy 48th you two!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It WAS quite a celebration.

      Delete
  19. What a wonderful evening! Congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Happy anniversary! Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so thankful for my 47 years with Russell and am looking forward to 48! Blessings to you both!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We sometimes take our days together for granted until we realize how precious life is together.

      Delete
  22. the food sounds wonderful. happy anniversary.

    ReplyDelete

.