“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
CLICK IMAGES FOR ENLARGEMENT SLIDESHOW
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Vómito de Gato...

I was gonna begin another watercolor painting yesterday... No time to concentrate on painting much on that morning. Why? 'Cause, before I began setting up the easel and spreading the carpet protector, I went to change clothes. I was still in my pj's and robe. While there, I thought I'd get the bed made up. As I jerked the bedding over the edge...there it was...a beautiful, large HAIR BALL. That spoiled about an hour's worth of my painting time! After I got the spread in the washer and the machine turned on....I decided I might as well change the sheets while I'm at it. By the time I was done with that, the indoor temperature was reading 66.6!! Three sixes; that can't be a good omen for setting up paint, etc. with carpeting!! Sure 'nough I'd spill the watercolors or drop something or the easel would collapse. Nosiree bob, I wasn't gonna take a chance on that happening. I'd already done enough cleaning. Trust me, cleaning up cat vomit [the blog post title..."Vomito de Gato"]  doesn't settle well with me in the first place. ;-) So, I dubbed around with my paint shop pro software and made a couple of new copyright logos for my photographs. You know how that goes. Distractions is my middle name.

The Sunday past we ended up on Mustang Island and we walked along the Port Aransas Jetty. Here, as we watched the fishermen, birds, photographers, ships in the distance, boats making use of the waterway heading to the sea, I took photos of some of the brown pelicans. There were several on the jetty's humongous boulders, some patiently waiting for the fishermen to toss some of their unwanted catch.  Here are the photos I share [click on 'em to enlarge if you wish]:





Also showing is my new copyright logo [obtrusive to some probably, but oh well..] with a mouse writing that this is "Property of Hootin' Ann's Chronicles © 2014"








Needless to say, nuttin' much else got done. By the time the dryer was done with its cycle, lunch needed to be made and dishes loaded in the dishwasher. And after that it was warming up a bit so I went outdoors and sat in the sunshine and read some while Bud napped with the cats by his side.  I was secretly hoping no more hair balls while they were all on the now clean bed.

48 comments :

  1. Ekkkk, that is not fun! Glad you got out in the sun and were able to relax and read since you decided not to paint!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm debating whether to pick up the carpet protector now, and forget it all 'til another cold snap. LOL

      Delete
  2. I see a few too many hairballs over here too. Yuck! I like the new copyright logo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oliver, Tahoe and Winston do keep us 'off' our toes sometimes!! LOL Thanks Mari.

      Delete
  3. I'm with you and Mari. I have SIX cats, and hairball is our middle name!!!!! Some days, it just pays to have a change of plans! Your copyright logo is cute as can be and those pelicans are gorgeous. Glad you enjoyed some reading and I do hope Bud and the kitties enjoyed that clean bed!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Mildred...the three slept like babies. And no 'accidents'.

      Delete
  4. why cats scared the crap out of me. gross!! neat birds. enjoy the clean sheets. hope you find some other time to paint again ... ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...I'm out of the mood to paint now, but it'll come back I'm sure.

      Delete
  5. It's always nice to have clean sheets. Hairballs, yuck! I am superstitious with those three sixes in a row, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I consider myself not superstitious...but three 6's in a row startled me into stopping in my tracks. LOL

      Delete
  6. Ha! I've done that so many times I couldn't count. Start something and one thing leads to another with the original still standing out there saying.......Hey...what happened to me. Funny. Hank doesn't throw up hair balls for some reason. Most of the cats I've had have done it. Oh well. I'm takin' that as a little cat blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're lucky with Hank then...Winston is the worst here, of course he has long hair!! Makes for a messy, huge, hairball.

      Delete
  7. This post wins the award for most unique title! Hopefully no more hairballs, but it sounds like you made the best of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...we were in your area yesterday and I thought of you...stopped at Bishop --- birding. Liked the title, huh? I even have a 'caution' sign that has those exact words. LOL

      Delete
  8. Your pelican photos are great! Sometimes I start out in one area doing something "important" and then carry something to another area and get diverted again - very often. Your plans to paint were cat bombed! Another day....clean bedding rules!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...cat bombed. I like that. Will have to remember that next time.

      Delete
  9. i've had one of my dogs (no telling which one) throw up the past two nights, too. thanks for the reminder to add 'resolve' carpet cleaner to my shopping list. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...but still, we gotta love 'dem pets of ours!!

      Delete
  10. MOL Anni only you could make something yucky sound exotic.
    Great pelican photos.
    Hugs Madi and Mom your bfffs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...exotic hair balls...sounds like that could make a good title for a cat lover's book!!

      Delete
  11. I certainly have days like that... I'll start one thing and get distracted doing something else. Those are the days I never feel as if I get ANYTHING done --yet, in reality, I really do (just not what I thought I should have been doing or wanted to do)... ha ha

    Beautiful photos... Pelicans are photogenic.

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you liked the pelican photos Betsy.

      Delete
  12. Dear Anni, One chore certainly leads to the next. It seems some days have a mind of their own!
    The pictures of the pelicans are real nice and looks warm.
    Blessings dear. Catherine xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Yesterday was a bit nice weather-wise. But there have been some very chilly days!!! I'm ready for Spring.

      Delete
  13. A hope is not a home without a cat plus hairballs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL....agreed. But cat lovers would only say that.

      Delete
  14. hairballs do not make for a good start to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, I know all about hairballs, food throw-ups, sneezes, and litter box accidents. Some mornings, I'm lucky to get out the door to work, for all the cat messes that greet me. We have FIVE cats. Crazy cat lady, that I am. Love 'em anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Often as not I begin one task and get caught up in 5 or 10 others, or plan what I can do from room to room and drop stuff. Fortunately Turtle has never vomited under the covers. She does on the carpet in doorways!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...this bedspread is HUGE...King size and very heavily quilted. A chore just getting it IN the washing machine. LOL I'd much rather have a carpet or doorway mishap.

      Delete
  17. That is the most creative, colorful watermark I've seen! Not good starting your day off with vomito, but you managed to get fun out of your day anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...take a bit of this in stride and your day will eventually get better. I guess, right? Thanks for the positive feedback on the logo.

      Delete
  18. Ugh, hairballs. Love the Pelican shots, well done! Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...have a great weekend yourself Eileen. Glad to know you enjoyed the pelicans.

      Delete
  19. Yuk to the hairballs...but been there, done that enough to last me a lifetime. Love the photos...

    ReplyDelete
  20. They are beautiful shots! And the logo is nice, but way over my head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandie. If you have a software program for art, it can be easy peasy. LOL

      Delete
  21. There's nothing like getting housework done when you are trying to do something else. Ah well, at least the day wasn't a wash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you're right. At least something got done. ;-)

      Delete

.