NATURE NOTES & WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY This week, it's more or less an eclectic collection from my photo folders on the computer. All taken at different times in the past year, but mostly this past month. From Pelicans and Night Herons, to alligators, wildflowers and storm clouds---
Joyce's Wednesday Hodgepodge
1. Are you doing anything special to mark this season of Advent? If so please share. Nothing special here.
2. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen...and of course you recall, the most famous reindeer of all...so, which reindeer name best describes you this week? I guess I'd have to be the most 'famous' only 'cause of the use of kleenex and running, red nose from the cold I've had. I must say, I dunno how to dash around these days, Dancer and Prancer? I'd trip over my own feet! Comet, I haven't had any spark in my life in eons...Cupid, my arrow is quite dull, Donner...isn't that the cannibalistic party in Utah? Blitzen...supposedly a sharp emission of gasses...I won't go there!!! And, I'm not a football fan so, blitz isn't part of my vocabulary...that leaves vixen... I am way beyond being a vixen at my age. [insert wink] The urban dictionary defines vixen as: "Totaly gorgeous and amazing human female. With the cutest smile and a sweet ass body. Loves partying and drinks a lot but is still incredibly smart." One out of five does not make me a vixen. Yep, Rudolph I am.
3. What's worse-too quiet or too loud? Which have you had more of lately? The too noisy motorcycles is TOO MUCH! Other than that, noise or quiet doesn't bother me that much. Around here lately, it sounds like a TB ward...loud coughin' and gaggin'. I'll be so glad when this bug has left the building. [and a little sunshine would help a lot]
4. This question comes to you from Zoanna over at A Penchant for Pens-thanks Zo! - When you are administratively gifted, how often do you find yourself not trusting less gifted people to do what they've committed to do? If you are not so gifted that way, but are reliable, how do you feel when the stronger person (in that area) goes ahead and covers it before giving you a chance to come through? I'm really not sure how I would react to this situation. It would depend on the circumstances and the people involved.
5. What is your most dreaded task relating to the holidays? Your most looked forward to holiday task? Dreaded: repacking and putting away the decorations....Most Looked Forward To: Putting out the decorations.
6. Facebook has released its list of the 'most talked about' topics of 2013. Pope Francis took the number one spot. Does that surprise you? He was followed by election, royal baby, typhoon, and Harlem Shake. Your thoughts? What was your most talked about topic in 2013? (Facebook, around the kitchen table, or wherever it is you talk) Personally, I am very interested in how the Pope is changing the way the Vatican has been for centuries...it's about time 'the church' cleans up its act and get with the times. It's been stagnant far too long. But again, that's my opinion; not wanting to start any quarrels with what anyone else is thinking. As far as our conversation topics for 2013, it would have to be mostly politics and this so called affordable care act.
7. What's something you consider a necessity that others might view as a luxury? I guess I would have to go the direction of third world here in comparisons...electricity is a necessity and so many poor countries have nothing like it.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I search the turmoil; the edge of the sea
Watching the current, ripples, tide flowing free
'neath the charcoal sky reflects a darkened mood
I stand firmly planted by the edge of the sea...
... it crashes, rushes, smashes what 'tis brewed
conceding, confessing; the powers that be!
©2013 authored by Anni
"In Search of Solace"
"In Search of Solace"
sidebar linking to Nature Notes, WBW, and Hodgepodge