“A wise old owl lived in an oak;
The more he saw the less he spoke;
The less he spoke the more he heard...
Why can't we all be like that bird?”
― Edward Hersey Richards




my POETRY | MEME links | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes

Blog Best Viewed with 1600x900 Monitor or Larger
MEME Links are on one page-Use TAB on the menu bar, above!





Just Some Humor Shared

It's Monday, and perhaps you need a lift to begin your work week, or boredom of the fact that Monday is the day of the week after the weekend and you're in dire need of some laughter...Well, I have just the thing for you...If you need to giggle after a long grueling day, or just starting out your day and need a spirit lifting moment....this is a must read.  It'll only take a few minutes of your time.  And it IS HILARIOUS.  And in part it just may resemble a bit of your own life....
I got permission to share the link from Jody at Medicare Mom, and the graphic I made especially for this post; laughter is just a click away. Hope you're not allergic to those Latex Gloves, 'cause that's the direction to go, just tap those gloves and you'll be on your way...

Here's a 'sneak peek' "While some adhere to the traditional spring cleaning, I am more aligned with the Mayan calendar, which means I haven’t really cleaned since Dec. 21, 2012 when their calendar ended....."

CLEANING CAN BE HAZARDOUS TO YOUR HEALTH
[the link will open in a new window from your desktop]
Enjoy. You won't be sorry your clicked!! And maybe tell Jody that "Hootin' Anni sent you"!!


I haven't been here to prepare a blog post in a few days...I had plans of sharing this great post of Jody's on Friday, but things got in the way. I've been keeping myself busy...sewing on my quilt. AND birding over the weekend and working on the birding photos, getting them readied for my photo blog. Like Robert Frost once said in his poem, Stopping by the Woods..."I have miles to go before I finish this quilt sleep!!"

30 comments :

  1. That was good! I think I need to adhere to that Mayan Cleaning schedule too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anni,
    That was a funny link and it reminded me of when was a child.
    My Mom was always rearranging furniture. Daddy was an electrical contractor and would often come home late (after dark). One night he was decided to take his shoes off in the living room only to find the chair he intended to sit in had been moved to the other side of the room.

    I keep cluttered under control and give the family room rug a passing glance with the vacuum; however,I clean when I daughter and son in law come for a visit...LOL
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well, I USED to move furniture around a lot, but not any more. I can just picture your father sitting down in an empty space. I'd still be laughing, of course to him it wouldn't be funny.

      Delete
  3. I did enjoy it, very much. Thanks, Anni! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a laugh or two from this great post. I swear if I'd not known better I would think Jody came directly from Comedy Central!

      Delete
  4. hahhaa...thanks for the laughs this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...glad you hopped over to read it and get a laugh or two.

      Delete
  5. Now that was a great way to start a Monday morning! Ha!!!

    I can't wait to see pics of your finished quilt- I think it's going to be fabulous, just knowing how creative you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's coming along, but I'm not so sure it's gonna be anything note-worthy. It's been twice times ripping some stitches out [I hate that!!] and three broken needles. I think the needles are breaking because I was told to use transparent thread for the top side and the closest matching thread for the bottom side....and the tension on the machine isn't set for both. My guess, and I'm sticking to it!! ;o)

      Delete
  6. I am with you - no cleaning - Mayan Calendar - that is so funny. I did give myself two weeks off before I start cleaning. You are a hoot and I will go over for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh boy!!! Enjoy those two weeks. Don't forget tho, cleaning IS hazardous!!

      Delete
  7. Hahaha! That WAS good ... I should start Spring cleaning now ... maybe on the week-end!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...be careful when you clean tho!!!

      Delete
  8. I like that Mayan calendar! I need to do some deep cleaning, if I can ever find the energy. Cute post at Jody's!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your quilting... I have realized that blogging is fun ONLY when my life is balanced and I'm doing the other things I enjoy doing. Otherwise, blogging would eat my lunch if I let it!!!!! I truly feel as if I'm a better blogger when I take time off to do other things... Some people --who blog constantly --need to take a break, so that their blogs don't get 'old' and boring!!!!! ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...you're obviously more balanced than I!!

      Delete
  10. WOW!! Thank you thank you for all the linking up thing and the kind words. I got a bunch of comments all from the people who read your blog! I was so inspired I posted my "Let's Hear It for the FAT Cells" a few minutes ago. Y'all come on back, ya hear" Jody, The Medicare Mom.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll definitely have to stop by and read your new post. Probably in the a.m. tho, it's been a long day of sewing.

      Delete
  11. Hi Anni,
    You're always good for a laugh....I was feeling intimidated by Jody as my carpet needs cleaning and I intend to hire it done....this reminds me of what my Daddy once said, he worked the night shift and said he always turned on the light when he came home because he never knew where the furniture would be moved next....Mama and the girls loved rearranging whole rooms of furniture, even swapping bedrooms so we were always doing that. I still like it but when I rearrange the living room it means Honey Bear has to rewire the sound system and the internet wire has to be moved so he isn't too fond of my decorating. I do get bored with it in the same place, though.
    Have fun creating,
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darn, I never thought of rearranging the ROOM furniture. Neat idea.

      Delete
  12. This is funny! And I agree totally, housework can be hazardous to your health!!! Good thing her husband did not break any bones!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya, wouldn't want any broken bones!!

      Delete
  13. Replies
    1. ....hehehehehe, glad you had some laughter in your day!

      Delete
  14. Great photo :)

    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it's just a graphic to show the way to a funny post I read Timur.

      Delete
  15. I like that Mayan calendar too! LOL!

    Cleaning?? Shudder!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind cleaning...it's just not a priority anymore.

      Delete

.