WILD BIRD WEDNESDAY
JOYCE has these questions for us this week. If you'd like to participate, find on my right sidebar, the link is there.
1. April showers bring May flowers...what have you been showered with this month? Definitely NOT rain showers. Altho, the wind is blowing and the clouds are drizzling lightly...we need a deluge to make up for the lack of showers. Let's see, what have I been showered with this month? ---a long list of migrating birds that are showing up in South Texas, and Bud and I are showered with itineraries of 'hot spots' for birding. We've been out and about each and every day this entire month of April. We've been 'showered' with color of all the wonderful migrants in our yard, in the Coastal Birding Trails, and Audubon Parks!! And all this explains just why I've not been blogging or visiting. Just not home enough these days.
2. What is the nature of compassion? Is it learned or innate? Can compassion be learned? If you're a parent is this something you've purposely sought to instill in your children, and if so how? We can only assume our actions speak volumes when we rear our children. But, the whole concept of learning compassion is up to the individual. You can't turn vinegar into honey. If it's there, surrounding your child, they can only mimic by seeing and learning. I guess. Does that make sense at all?
3. Do you prefer to watch romantic comedy or romantic drama...or are you rolling your eyes saying bring on the action flicks? I like movies, period. But I'd prefer action to romance!! Occasionally we'll watch one, in fact we just purchased Kiera Knightly's "Anna Karenina" And, pardon my description: IT SUCKED. [LOVED her diamond necklace tho...the one with the flower!!] Don't get me wrong, I do like comedy. Comedy that is geared toward entertainment instead of the so called comedy today...it seems that movies just aren't what they used to be. My favorite comedy is still an oldie but goodie; in no way romantic tho, unless you consider the LOVE of money. IT'S A MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD MAD WORLD.
4. It's April which means baseball season is officially upon us here in the US of A. Humphrey Bogart is quoted as saying "A hot dog at the ballgame beats roast beef at the Ritz." Agree or Disagree? Totally agree. I'm a blue jeans and t-shirt kinda gal compared to an evening gown. It's just not my style. Gimme a ballgame to attend and I'm in heaven. [Except, what happened to the Yankees so far?!! Come on guys, get back in the winning groove here!!] Wait, we're being asked about hot dogs/roast beef....not the game itself. Yep, it's still a hot dog at the ballpark for me.
5. What's something in your community or city that needs fixing or improving? The streets!!! [But that would entail getting rid of, or 'fixing' the city council. What a mess the council is!]
6. Share a song you enjoy that mentions flowers or a specific flower in its title. Well, it's not in the title, but an all time favorite is "I see trees of green, red roses too....I see them bloom for me and you." Louis Armstrong. WHAT A WONDERFUL WORLD...
7. April 22nd is Earth Day...do you believe there's life on other planets? That wasn't the question you were expecting was it? LOL...but it's a GOOD question!! I think there is a higher than high possibility. Everything is possible right? But, I think there are also more planets that haven't yet been discovered. Oh, and Area 51 comes to mind. I still think there is a cover-up on that by our government.
8. Insert your own random thought here. I've begun a new watercolor project. I have my easel set up in my computer room. Brushes out, paints readied, and the preliminary sketching is just about complete. If it continues to rain, hopefully, I'll stay indoors and paint today.