my POETRY | ANNI'S BOOK CRITIQUES | my ART | my BIRD photography | MLB | NFL | hurricanes



Got a good reason For taking the easy way out


They call me Mrs. Frumpy...

Okay, reading a while back that a Parish in Louisiana is trying to ban the wearing of pajama bottoms [pants] in public, I was interested a bit in the article. Slightly anyway, for the fact that a dress code ban for the public would be a civil rights thing, wouldn't it?  But that's a whole 'nother post.   I've seen this 'fad' a lot lately in stores and on the streets, around the malls, etc. Most times it's women. Usually younger ones [mid 20s to 30s in age]. Along with it, the footware is either CROCS™ or just plain fuzzy house slippers. In all actuality, I'd much prefer to see this style of clothing comparing it to such revealing and appalling outfits that leave nothing to the imagination. Okay, my point is, I'd rather have to look at a pair of fuzzy jammies on a woman than having to look at an overweight [young] gal with rolls of fat and legs with cellulite, showing off her buttocks in short, short, cut off jeans. Not to mention her top, with less coverage than a postage stamp!! Oh ya, and added to this a few tattoos placed in a prominent spot to accentuate her bosoms. And one more thing, yes, I WAS SEEN once wearing my pajamas long ago before it was a fashion statement. IN public. Kids were sick, I was worn to a frazzle, and on top of it all, we ran out of OTC medications, so I hopped in the car, with my pajamas on and drove to 7-11 late at night...

Yep, I'd much rather see PJs in public than the too revealing, more disgusting look of a street walker!! 

[image borrowed from Google Image Search - not mine- no copyright infringement intended]

14 comments :

  1. You and me both, Anni! I see some appalling scenes on the street and have to look away. I remember pajamas were worn often on the streets in China and didn't know it had spread to the US! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...it seems to be the 'in thing' these days.

      As for the appalling 'scenes'...I don't look away myself, I shake my head at them and give 'em a look of disgust. Guess it comes with age. LOL

      Delete
  2. A ban on PJ bottoms? Are you kidding? I haven't heard that! My goodness, like you, I can think of much more objectionable fashion statements than that. Sheesh. The government is trying to legislate too much. I have a pair of slippers so comfy that sometimes I am tempted to go shopping in them. I haven't yet, but I might just have to voice my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well----I agree... BUT--I still don't like seeing those pajama bottoms either... As you can imagine, we see all kinds of 'get-ups' when we visit places like Walmart... GADS!!!

    People seem to want to be comfy these days no matter what they look like.. Quite different from years ago. I had a good friend who wouldn't even go to her mailbox to get her mail unless she had her make-up on. Another GADS...That's going too far the other way, don't you think?????

    Why can't people just be normal like ME???? ha ha ha

    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH MY WORD Anni you are so right. PJs are 100% better than the short short dresses too tight, with plunging necklines revealing way too much cleavage. Here I see the PJs in public but some also go to the indecent level by rolling down the waist to just about the crack and have on short tops. Not to mention the 4" letters across their butts.
    We see them worn with the Ugg boots.
    All I can say is I hope they don't sleep in the PJs 'cause most are also dragging the ground.
    Hugs C

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! I'm in full agreement! I'm seeing more and more men, though, who are going the pajamas/Crocs route. Don't know what that means, but it is kind of odd...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I TOTALLY agree with you, Annie. So this is why I have been seeing it so much lately. It is the latest fad. I wonder if when they are ready for bed, do they change into their dress clothes?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would rather see the PJs than the short shorts. I don't think the younger ones really care about what they look like anymore.
    My folks would never have along me to step outside in such outfits. I guess I am an old fuddy dud.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always hated seeing people out in public in their pajamas but I see your point and I have to agree.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I couldn't agree more. I hope there will be a certain level of self awareness (or consciousness) for those with weight challenge not to wear too skimpy clothing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd have to agree with you on the rather but I wish we could see less of both of those. You know flannel, pattern pants are okay..they aren't necessarily pajamas but it would be nice to go to an upscale restaurant without seeing people dressed for lounging or working in the garden....I guess my biggest clothing peeve is the styles for young pre-teen and teens. As you say they are too suggestive and girls need to be taught why modesty is desirable. Also, I'm not sure when sparkly, sequined fashions became day wear.
    Mama Bear

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, got a chuckle on the rolls of fat and cellulite thing lol. I am with you on this..

    Hopping late from Ruby Tuesday.Your comment will be greatly appreciated on my Easter Rubies

    ReplyDelete

.