THIS WEEK at I'd Rather B Birdin'
-photos of-


-HORNED LARKS --
and more birds of interest



click on bird name[s] to view them
and read a bit of trivia about them!!
...............Hope to see you there!..............

TAKE NOTE:
My photos are Lightbox enabled! Just click on one...then, continue clicking on enlarged photos!

I'm dreamin' of a grand time together....



Hodgepodge

Joyce has these questions for us this week:


1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'? Honestly, I really don't have any idea until my sister and her husband arrive this week; then plans will be made.

2. What is one thing you are not? At this time of preparing the Hodgepodge post, I'm NOT fully awake.

3. Fudge-are you a fan? Your favorite flavor? Actually, I like it somewhat....the best way for me is HOT atop vanilla ice cream with pecans sprinkled on top of that; hot fudge sundae---yum.

[photo courtesy of google search]


4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December? Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year? We usually go to the peddler's show [a huge event, with hundreds of stalls from around the country, held at the fairgrounds in our county...but it's always the first weekend of November]. And I usually like both kinds of stalls...homemade AND professional. Unless it has to do with 'men things' like car stuff, football and/or hunting. I'd much prefer the jewelry stalls above all else. Homemade OR professional with precious stones. Two things homemade this year will be the entire Christmas Day meal.   Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, yams, salad, oven baked rolls, cranberries...etc.  On the dessert menu for the day, I'm gonna make blackberry pie and lemon meringue pie along with chocolate mint cookies and homemade oatmeal/raisin/pecan cookies....the 2nd is my 'homemade' Genealogy Book that took me months to research - I had it published for sister, Sharon, and brother in law [if you follow me often and read most of my posts you'll know I had the book printed out in book form!!]

5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering?  In all honesty, the best greeting/gathering is at home;  Christmas music in the background, a hug and kiss from Bud first thing Christmas morn, then having our pets on our laps, just enjoying the quiet of the day to contemplate being alive, well, and happy together. In the past, when much younger, holiday dinners and parties ---well, afterward; the day after, no one was feeling their best.  It's just not worth it.  I like the peace and quiet best.  Boring, I know.

6. We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013?
As far as I know, nothing will be different [unless the Mayans are right?!!]...retired and routine is our cup of tea....but again, it's the future, no one knows for sure.

7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace. Easy peasy....this is a quote from the late Jimi Hendrix I believe.  And it says it all: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."

8. Insert your own random thought here. This will be my last post until 2013. [I do however, have the Birding Photo Meme that some of you participate in set up to preschedule posting each Saturday while on hiatus. So, if you have bird photos...stop by I'd Rather B Birdin and share your photo post link!!] I'm taking the two weeks off to be with guests, and entertaining, doing a little travel around Texas, sightseeing, So, I'd like to wish everyone a happy holiday season and may your new year be filled with everything you dream of for the days that lie ahead. My card from the two of us here in Texas, to you all in blogland...





CONNECTING TO:

50 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ...thanks Denise....happy holidays to you and your family.

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed reading these. Wishing you a very special holiday season and a very happy new year, and thank you for the wonderful reading over the past year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwwww, thanks so much Denise. You made my day. And may your holiday days in the next couple of weeks be super.

      Delete
  3. Merry Christmas to you and Bud! Enjoy your little break and see you when you come back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Mari. And may you and your family enjoy the holiday season also.

      Delete
  4. I like the peace and quiet the best too - at least for Christmas day. :)

    Hope you have a lovely peaceful Christmas! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you, and I hope that you too have a wonderful Christmas time.

      Delete
  5. Your answer to #2 made me smile. I would have laughed, but I'm not completely awake yet either! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...and Merry Christmas to you too Jill

      Delete
  6. My sister put together some geneology stuff my dad had been working on for several years before he died. It's in more of a scrapbook form but really nice and I'm so glad to have it. Your meal sounds delish! Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog~Merry Christmas to you and yours too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...a scrapbook sounds awesome. I can just imagine all the goodies within the pages. Happy Christmas to you too Joyce.

      Delete
  7. I love the quote!
    Merry Christmas. Enjoy your time with your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Kimberly!! Merry Christmas to you.

      Delete
  8. i hope you will continue your hodge-podge in the new year ... i really do enjoy reading your words. they really make me laugh. ( :

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ....it's always good to read comments like this Beth. You made my day, and made me smile.

      Delete
  9. Love the quote. Have a Merry Christmas and enjoy your time with your sister and her husband.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Tammy....Have yourself a Merry little Christmas too.

      Delete
  10. Oh, how wonderful! Time with a sister is very special, I know! Have a great holiday together and see you when you get back, Anni. Happy Holidays to you, too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks...yes, I'm really looking forward to this next two weeks. And DJan, happy holidays to you dear friend.

      Delete
  11. Have a great holiday with your company Anni and I love the questions and the answers. Always fun to learn a bit more about our blogging buddies. Am so glad we met up "virtually"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...me too. It's a great way to meet.

      Delete
  12. Hi Anni, Bud, Tahoe and Winnie
    Mom, Dad and I wish you all a wonderful Christmas with your family and lots of good food and fellowship.
    Hugs Madi and Mom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks M&M [and Dad]!!!

      Delete
  13. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you and yours. It has been a pleasure getting to know you this year. Retired is the best place to be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...retirement is good!!! :|)

      Delete
  15. Love the Jimi Hendrix quote. When, oh when will love overtake power?? Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...Merry Christmas to you too Marla.

      Delete
  16. Christmas dinner sounds yummy. Can I come over?....lol
    Enjoy the time with your sister and have a very Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Ann, and the same Christmas greeting to you and your family!!

      Delete
  17. Have fun with your sister!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I will....Thanks Sandie

      Delete

  18. Anni, Merry Christmas to you and Bud. So glad that you are spending the holidays with your sister and brother in law. Have a wonderful time.

    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the beautiful card. I loved it. AND --Merry Christmas to you. I hope you enjoy your time off. Friday will be my last post until January 2nd also.

    Loved your answers... Easy Peasy just seems to say it all, doesn't it????? That hot fudge sundae looks awesome.... YEARS ago, we used to go to Shoney's and get Hot Fudge Cake... YUM....

    Enjoy your time with your sister and hubby...

    Merry Christmas.
    Hugs,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks Betsy, and the same to you!

      Delete
  20. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog to wish me merry Christmas and tell me you are going to be missing for two weeks....JUST WHEN I FOUND YOU! I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing visit with your sister and a merry, merry Christmas! I'll be looking forward to your next post. (and I loved all your answers up there...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thanks!! And have a biggo Texas Christmas Day to you and YOUR family!!

      Delete
  21. Replies
    1. ...thanks. It's one of my favorites.

      Delete
  22. I like the peace and quiet best too :high five: Merry Christmas to you and yours, Anni, wishing you all the best througout 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...thank you Mar...and I send along the very same sentiments to you.

      Delete
  23. If the Mayans were right and the pictures on facebook don't lie, I have another bag of Oreos left to buy some extra time. Thank goodness it was Hostess and not Nabisco that went out of business this year! ;)

    Merry Christmas to you and Bud, Anni and a wish for a wonderful holiday season hiatus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...got milk? [insert wink]

      Thanks Nani.

      Delete
  24. I'm just happy to be alive and able to celebrate Christmas. Looking forward to another great year. :)

    Merry Christmas Anni!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Christmas blessings and much joy, my dear friend!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Merry Christmas Anni!
    You often make me smile when I visit your blog.
    Liebe Grüße,
    Pia

    ReplyDelete
  27. fun to read your answers....
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

.