Joyce has these questions for us this week:
1. How will you spend 'the night before Christmas'? Honestly, I really don't have any idea until my sister and her husband arrive this week; then plans will be made.
2. What is one thing you are not? At this time of preparing the Hodgepodge post, I'm NOT fully awake.
3. Fudge-are you a fan? Your favorite flavor? Actually, I like it somewhat....the best way for me is HOT atop vanilla ice cream with pecans sprinkled on top of that; hot fudge sundae---yum.
[photo courtesy of google search]
4. Did you attend any craft/vendor fairs in the month of December? Do you prefer homemade goodies or the more professional stalls? Are you giving any homemade gifts this year? We usually go to the peddler's show [a huge event, with hundreds of stalls from around the country, held at the fairgrounds in our county...but it's always the first weekend of November]. And I usually like both kinds of stalls...homemade AND professional. Unless it has to do with 'men things' like car stuff, football and/or hunting. I'd much prefer the jewelry stalls above all else. Homemade OR professional with precious stones. Two things homemade this year will be the entire Christmas Day meal. Turkey, dressing, mashed potatoes, yams, salad, oven baked rolls, cranberries...etc. On the dessert menu for the day, I'm gonna make blackberry pie and lemon meringue pie along with chocolate mint cookies and homemade oatmeal/raisin/pecan cookies....the 2nd is my 'homemade' Genealogy Book that took me months to research - I had it published for sister, Sharon, and brother in law [if you follow me often and read most of my posts you'll know I had the book printed out in book form!!]
5. What's your favorite type of holiday gathering? In all honesty, the best greeting/gathering is at home; Christmas music in the background, a hug and kiss from Bud first thing Christmas morn, then having our pets on our laps, just enjoying the quiet of the day to contemplate being alive, well, and happy together. In the past, when much younger, holiday dinners and parties ---well, afterward; the day after, no one was feeling their best. It's just not worth it. I like the peace and quiet best. Boring, I know.
6. We're approaching a new year...what's going to be different in 2013? As far as I know, nothing will be different [unless the Mayans are right?!!]...retired and routine is our cup of tea....but again, it's the future, no one knows for sure.
7. Share a favorite scripture, quote, saying, or song lyric relating to peace. Easy peasy....this is a quote from the late Jimi Hendrix I believe. And it says it all: "When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace."
8. Insert your own random thought here. This will be my last post until 2013. [I do however, have the Birding Photo Meme that some of you participate in set up to preschedule posting each Saturday while on hiatus. So, if you have bird photos...stop by I'd Rather B Birdin and share your photo post link!!] I'm taking the two weeks off to be with guests, and entertaining, doing a little travel around Texas, sightseeing, So, I'd like to wish everyone a happy holiday season and may your new year be filled with everything you dream of for the days that lie ahead. My card from the two of us here in Texas, to you all in blogland...